Pages:
Author

Topic: Regulating Bitcoin - page 10. (Read 4637 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2017, 06:59:25 PM
Bitcoin is open source, so its impossible to regulate. And even if somebody try it, where he want to starts? It has a market cap of billions of dollar. And i thing when it will be regulated, it will lose the biggest part of his value.
You can regulate open source projects to some extent. The reason Bitcoin can't be controlled is because of the decentralized ledger.
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 12:38:13 PM
Bitcoin is open source, so its impossible to regulate. And even if somebody try it, where he want to starts? It has a market cap of billions of dollar. And i thing when it will be regulated, it will lose the biggest part of his value.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
November 22, 2017, 06:01:00 AM
Regulating bitcoin can not be over emphasize, because regulate bitcoin will bring confident to public or investor, regulate bitcoin will also reduce crime  that associate with bitcoin as a whole, which would prevent frauds star from penetrate to the system.

no it cant. even if bitcoin is regulated, it wont still reduced the crime and it wont still bring confidence to the public because as you see fiats are regulated and controlled by governments yet there were still crime and other illegal that are being reported.though it will be a good help if bitcoin and other crypto coins can be regulated because police and nbi's can easily track down those criminals.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 05:53:52 AM
Regulate, yes but control, no. Don't belittle the government's power. Stricter KYCs and right set of laws will be the key to achieve an effective regulation.
To become a common digital and virtual crypto currency of the whole world it is very much important that no one question may be raised against bitcoin so regulating bitcoin will be the need of the day, further more I am very positive about the regulation of bitcoin because it will help to control all the illegal ways of the hackers in the best interest of the property of the investors of a country.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
November 22, 2017, 05:21:23 AM
Regulate, yes but control, no. Don't belittle the government's power. Stricter KYCs and right set of laws will be the key to achieve an effective regulation.
It is the key responsibility of the government to keep its vigilant eye on all activities in their concern country so it is very much important to regulate bitcoin business in the best interest of public service thus the people will become more confident to start their business like investment and trading in bitcoin without any fear of illegal and criminal acts.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 22, 2017, 03:32:48 AM
There would be a trade-off between regulation and anonymity. We will probably lose the latter (which is the selling point of cryptocurrencies) since the very notion of regulation is tightening the freedom bitcoin offers. I personally can think of a way of regulating it without jeopardizing anonymity but would I would probably support it if they can come up with a good approach.
Can we even really say bitcoin is not anonymous when I can easily trace any transaction in a wallet except if a mixing service is used ?

Except for those who may want to do some evil act, anonymity should not really be a thing of issue. Moreover, before you make use of most exchanges these days without being limited to the amount you can withdraw at once, you will have to get verified.

So, these are some of the things we will keep seeing in most countries as times go on, most especially those who may like to convert to fiat. I can still stay anonymous if I decide to do a direct P2P transaction to whomever I am purchasing something from.
Activity: 168
Merit: 47
November 21, 2017, 09:24:31 AM
Cryptocurrency has been widely criticised for lack of regulation. Do you think it is possible to come up with a regulatory framework around Bitcoin?

I think its possible for regulation. But regulation of bitcoin can control itself then i will not agree at all.
If the regulation only mean bitcoin is legal using for payment or every activity in bitcoin then its good and many people will support.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
November 21, 2017, 08:43:50 AM
Hi,

I think it would be really hard to regulate bitcoin through the traditional system (laws, acts, and so on), just because the process is way to long compared with this fast§changing environment (bitcoin).
However, it may be a good occasion for governments to try to come up with a faster system, more flexible.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
November 21, 2017, 05:40:53 AM
Some governements and central banks have already regulated or tried to regulate the bitcoin and I think this is something that can't be avoided in the future. With mass adoption and efforts for bitcoion to be adopted also by businesses this is necessary. But to my opinion regulation will not influnece on bitcoin decentralized system so we don't to have fear that. Regulation executed in proper maner actually can help bitcoin and give to it certain legal basis and security.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 05:18:57 AM
Cryptocurrency has been widely criticised for lack of regulation. Do you think it is possible to come up with a regulatory framework around Bitcoin?

Yeah you are correct that bitcoin is criticized widely because of lack of regulation. Bitcoin is lack or regulation because bitcoin is uncontrolled of anyone. Maybe the only can do of regulatory framework is a government once they adopt bitcoin and legalized it as they crypto currency. I read in one article that one country create a regulatory board for money laundering in bitcoin to avoid criminality incident through using bitcoin in currency exchange. I think this is a form of regulation when it come to bitcoin once government adopt it and legalized it..
good
Activity: 308
Merit: 14
November 21, 2017, 05:16:25 AM
Regulating bitcoin can not be over emphasize, because regulate bitcoin will bring confident to public or investor, regulate bitcoin will also reduce crime  that associate with bitcoin as a whole, which would prevent frauds star from penetrate to the system.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 21, 2017, 05:06:19 AM
Regulating a digital currency with such a large market cap of billions of dollar is not an easy task but with the government backing its possible as examples can be seen where its official currency.But no one have monopolistic control over it and prices will soar if this happens as it will be accepted globally and demand and investment will increase.By making some amendment or new laws the government can regulate it's usage as the legal currency.I want this to happen with bitcoin.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 04:36:25 AM
yes i know that currency has been widely criticized because of lack id regulation but we know that bitcoin is that type of currency which people like and invest daily and if we see people all over the world invest in bitcoin only because bitcoin is full of benefits.
Besides the lack of regulations which is commonly criticized by the people I am looking no such impact on the popularity and profitability of bitcoins. People are increasing their investment in bitcoin day by day which is a clear indication of its high profitability and high rates of returns.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2017, 03:38:08 PM
In the system and there is no control over each transaction. Bitcoin is similar this one .it is open source and nobody can regulating here when you are stabbing in bitcoin and not print like dollars this and made by people to increase or digress are the same .bitoin still bitcoin nobody can can regulate here....
Bitcoin cannot be regulated but definitely we as users can be regulated through a law as we are all bound to follow it, otherwise we will be dealt accordingly. There is no way to stop bitcoin if we continue to support it because the government also listen to us and they will serve what is the interest of the majority and there is nothing wrong we see on bitcoin but it can only help us to ease our transaction online and also it can give us a chance to invest.
They only serve the interests of the majority if there is absolutely no other way around for them. They serve their own interests first, everything else comes after and only if it doesn't hinder their own interests.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
November 20, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

Maybe our government regulate bitcoin to our country but not controlled this crypto currency. No one controlled by bitcoin except the founder hiding for an anonymous name for not to become famous, uncontrolled by our government thats a freedom for us, besides we the users also regulate bitcoin by attracted more investors.
Activity: 364
November 20, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

it seems that it will not happen again because china has become a developing country and better than ever.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 10:24:37 AM
I think it needs to be done to regulate Bitcoin because this currency is very freely used by many people for crime. But just for the use, but if regulating the Bitcoin price I refuse.
If governments regulated bitcoin then it is a very positive step by them because in present time every country use their own currency but if bitcoin is accepted by all the countries worldwide then in this way whole the world will accept bitcoin as one currency. In this way the payments procedure will become very easy and people will get rid of banks and currency exchange.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
November 20, 2017, 08:52:17 AM
I think it needs to be done to regulate Bitcoin because this currency is very freely used by many people for crime. But just for the use, but if regulating the Bitcoin price I refuse.
Exactly! Regulating of bitcoin is really a great idea. It is because of the reason that it will help more people in having an idea about what bitcoin actually is. In addition to this, it will also help more number of people to come and invest in bitcoin. There is no way that we can spread awareness about bitcoin amongst the people if we will not regulate bitcoin. This is the best way of spreading awareness.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
November 20, 2017, 08:38:26 AM
In the system and there is no control over each transaction. Bitcoin is similar this one .it is open source and nobody can regulating here when you are stabbing in bitcoin and not print like dollars this and made by people to increase or digress are the same .bitoin still bitcoin nobody can can regulate here....
Bitcoin cannot be regulated but definitely we as users can be regulated through a law as we are all bound to follow it, otherwise we will be dealt accordingly. There is no way to stop bitcoin if we continue to support it because the government also listen to us and they will serve what is the interest of the majority and there is nothing wrong we see on bitcoin but it can only help us to ease our transaction online and also it can give us a chance to invest.
Activity: 382
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
November 20, 2017, 06:29:55 AM
I do not think bitcoins need to issue specific rules in their use, but regulations need to be used on Ico projects that will form new coins, to reduce fake Ico projects.
Governments need to regulate bitcoin, this will be better for both bitcoin and the state  because it play a vital role in developing a nation. It can unite whole the world on one currency and then after every country will use bitcoin instead of their local currency, thus people will get rid of cash exchange and slowly and gradually get introduced into ICO and many other projects.
Pages:
Jump to: