Pages:
Author

Topic: REJECTING FOR WHITELISTING WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION - page 2. (Read 353 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 3
Consider this the last time I'm feeding this...
This topic is not for you and your neutral rubbish feedings. Say thank you that I even allow you to be here

This topic for complaints of applicants who was rejected for whitelisting

First why this thread is self-moderated?
All stupid questions - it's to the Thermos. I don't know why he allows self-moderated topics to be created in this section.

I’m also not going to feed the DT system trolls - that’s why I made the topic self-moderating.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
How can one generally determine whether a person is fulfilling his whitelisting function or not?
Read:
Now the tricky part: apart from including your Bitcointalk username, you'll need to convince me you deserve it. I know this sucks, and I hate jumping through hoops too. But it's the best I can do to help new Bitcointalk users without giving spammers a free pass.

If there are no statistics on rejected users?
If I'd provide those statistics, you'd say you can't verify them. I can give you an estimate: I must have rejected about 1000 requests. About 20% of them didn't even send me their username.

Consider this the last time I'm feeding this troll.
I've been called "Switzerland" for being neutral and subtle.
You are not neutral, you "don't-give-a-f*ck" man

Stop dodging and answer the questions.

I'll post all whitelisted users in this topic. They can expect scrutiny. If you're a real user and don't deserve the "evil" label, this scrutiny can lead to earning some Merit.
How do you determine whether he is a spammer or not? By the degree of tearfulness in the letters? Or maybe you after all have access to the IP addresses at which your reconciliation the profiles?

What privileges does LoyceV have?
I'm happily married and have healthy kids Smiley
LOL. neitral troll is trolling
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I've been called "Switzerland" for being neutral and subtle. In your case, I'll make an exception. You, sir, are an idiot for opening 2 topics about me instead of posting in my reputation thread Tongue

If you want forum changes, post in Meta. If you want to attack me for whatever reason you made up: knock yourself out Tongue
Why don't you complain about all Staff members that have the ability to whitelist users? Or hey, complain about theymos who blocked spammers.
You may get the impression from complaints on the forum that everyone hits the fee and it's never warranted, but this is selection bias: the fee is more rare, and the vast majority of accounts that hit it should not be whitelisted.

But hey, by all means, keep complaining instead of contributing.
Here's what matters: I've whitelisted 294 users, they earned 11699 Merit in total, and only 6 of them got banned. The system isn't perfect, spammers are the reason we can't have nice things.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Dear proxybanned apllicants who was rejected for whitelisting by LoyceV, SFR10, Welsh, hugeblack and Upgrade00
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/remove-proxyban-evil-fees-email-to-get-whitelisted-for-free-5350260
First why this thread is self-moderated?

Second, not only those members, but forum staffs can whitelist too.

Only abused IP ranges have to pay a fee. The fee is an anti-abuse measure, and it is not meant to be (and isn't) much of a source of revenue.

If any very-veteran members want to volunteer, I can give you the ability to whitelist users. (All Staff can already whitelist users, as well.) Perhaps then someone could create a topic like "List of email addresses for people who can whitelist you for free", which I could link-to on the evil fee page. However, these IPs have evil for a reason. If it was sufficient for them to just solve a captcha or something, I'd have them do that. Before whitelisting someone, you have to do something to be pretty sure that they're not evading a ban and just going to get banned again. You may get the impression from complaints on the forum that everyone hits the fee and it's never warranted, but this is selection bias: the fee is more rare, and the vast majority of accounts that hit it should not be whitelisted.
Dear proxybanned applicants, who was rejected for whitelisting by LoyceV, SFR10, Welsh, hugeblack and Upgrade00
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/remove-proxyban-evil-fees-email-to-get-whitelisted-for-free-5350260

You can complain here. If you have friends on the forum, you can ask them to report it here

Also I have a question

From now on, I'll stop responding to rejected emails. If you haven't received an email telling you you're whitelisted after a few days, that means I've rejected you. I've sent the same email hundreds of times by now, and want to save some time.

Is such behaviour allowed? Otherwise, it seems that LoyceV did not rejecting the applicants, but is simply sleeping and not performing his functions. A convenient cover for not fulfilling one's duties. I consider that every applicant should receive a letter confirming the rejection of their application.

How can one generally determine whether a person is fulfilling his whitelisting function or not? If there are no statistics on rejected users?

He may be doing everything at random. No control over LoyceV
With the same success, I can add everyone to the whitelists at random and then report here that the work is done

User LoyceV should be punished. His rights of whitelisting should be revoked due negligence
Pages:
Jump to: