Pages:
Author

Topic: Religion is a virus - page 3. (Read 1007 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
October 23, 2018, 01:00:49 PM
It's too bad that a good atheist will get damned because He doesn't believe God.

What's really wonderful is that a bad Christian will get saved because he does.

I'd rather be partying in hell with Socrates, Buddha, Gandhi and all the Rock Bands that ever rocked... than in heaven being bored for eternity, while in the company of a bunch of "bad Christians" and pedophile priests

Some hells are worse than others, even if they are called heaven... good luck with that

That's right. The Hell of "Socrates, Buddha, Gandhi and all the Rock Bands that ever rocked" is a fake hell that is called a heaven. The real Hell is the dissolution of this universe... which includes the spirit and soul and eternity and infinity.

The real Heaven is an entirely new universe that is made out of physics laws that can never be corrupted like this one was. The joy that was originally in this universe before corruption entered, will be greatly improved upon in the new universe. Probably eternity and infinity will be expanded and extended in ways that we can't understand in this faulty universe... but without corruption.

Are you like trying to start a new cult or something?

Because, I have actually read the bible, and it doesn't say ANY of that...

I don't know what the "any of that" is that you are talking about, but you talked about "hell with Socrates, Buddha, Gandhi and all the Rock Bands that ever rocked." The Bible never says any of that. You said it.

But the Bible talks of the new universe in both Isaiah and the Revelation. And the New Testament talks in various places about the joy that we have and will have with God. Hebrews even says that the coming joy that Jesus understood, was the reason why He did His work on the cross.

If you have anything in particular that you are talking about, spit it out with particulars rather than with some general "ANY of that."

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
October 23, 2018, 12:48:30 PM
It's too bad that a good atheist will get damned because He doesn't believe God.

I'd rather be partying in hell with Socrates, Buddha, Gandhi and all the Rock Bands that ever rocked... than in heaven being bored for eternity, while in the company of a bunch of "bad Christians" and pedophile priests

Some hells are worse than others, even if they are called heaven... good luck with that

That's right. The Hell of "Socrates, Buddha, Gandhi and all the Rock Bands that ever rocked" is a fake hell that is called a heaven. The real Hell is the dissolution of this universe... which includes the spirit and soul and eternity and infinity.

The real Heaven is an entirely new universe that is made out of physics laws that can never be corrupted like this one was. The joy that was originally in this universe before corruption entered, will be greatly improved upon in the new universe. Probably eternity and infinity will be expanded and extended in ways that we can't understand in this faulty universe... but without corruption.

Are you like trying to start a new cult or something?

Because, I have actually read the bible, and it doesn't say ANY of that...
legendary
October 23, 2018, 12:45:36 PM

Cool

October 23, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

legendary
October 22, 2018, 04:35:47 PM

Cool
October 22, 2018, 02:14:37 PM
I prefer the way Gandhi phrased it

Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 22, 2018, 10:53:43 AM
Religion is certainly a force. but I don't think it's a bad one. Religion helps many people to find their place in this world and to understand it's structure. Some people try to use religion to separate people. But it is not the religion's problem. It is people business. So blaming religion in all the bad things that happen around us is dancing in circles.
Though I am a religious person, I do believe that so many religions have brought about division in people and If you doubt me look at all the terrorism going on these days, they can be attributed to religion.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
October 21, 2018, 11:37:24 AM
I think you are wrong in evaluating religion, in my opinion it is not religion that spreads war but the rulers or the government in order to achieve their interests. whereas in the matter of religion, I think people are free to choose religion, they do not have to follow the religion of their parentst
Religion refers to the beliefs and a series of practical and moral instructions that the prophets have related on behalf of God to guide and lead human beings. It points to the recognition of one controlling power, God, who, as the sole creator, guides human life towards its ultimate perfection by adopting a set of principles and by obedience of specific code of practical ethics.

That is what you want it to be.

It is not what it is. 

Religion is the most coercive and destructive ideology invented by the human mind.

Reality bites, people die because of your religion.
October 22, 2018, 10:48:01 AM
The problem with religion is... I want facts and evidence, not baseless claims backed by nothing

I don't trust the words of people 2000+ years ago... everything from 2000+ years ago is full of magical nonsense that we all know is bullshit (even "historians" of the time added magical nonsense to their "history")... why claim this one book isn't bullshit like all the rest?
Activity: 390
Merit: 157
October 22, 2018, 10:41:06 AM
The right religion can be a stabilizing force for society.
What makes a religion right, anyway?

Well i think it doesn't have a good thing well it may unite us as one, but you can see that it causes a fight or should i say its more like a clan you see, people got their own beliefs and perspective regarding on what the teaching says on the religion, i hope religion will not continue to affect our own perspective or our look on ourselves, we are God's child though.
legendary
October 20, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
Now world religion is a controlling tool of spreading war.They are not following even what religion said.So political is binding with religion and they using it for improving racism and separate people.As humans we have a huge responsibility to minimize this problem.We must spreading humanity except racism.Religion must not going to parents to children.People can be choose what they following or not.

Religion doesn't start war, its a facade - people do. That said, blanket statements about religion are rarely ever helpful considering the vast array of religions out there.

Semantics... religions do start wars

Wars are started because people refuse to settle differences through talking... religious people have no interest in settling differences with people of other religions... the majority of "holy" books (Bible, Quran, etc) state that you are commanded by god to murder anyone who even tries to convert you to another religion, even if it is your own family, parents or children trying to convert you.

If you don't believe that religious differences have started wars... you are willfully ignorant

Also, there is not a "vast array of religions out there"... I can count the religions of the world on 2 hands... 1 hand on a good day (jew, christian, muslim, hindu, buddhist)

Let's not forget those religious denominations that start wars between groups following the same religion.

Religions poison human mind.  People just cannot think straight.  Their morals go out of the window, the only thing that matters is what some psychopaths wrote centuries or millennia ago.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
October 21, 2018, 11:32:48 PM

Indeed, more now is the one that uses religion for the interests of certain groups, and not a few, precisely with the religious issues raised, it is easier to cause people to forget the common sense and easily become a battle. whereas religion should not be used. it takes our awareness to be able to understand the meaning of religion wrongly and encourage mutual respect.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
October 21, 2018, 01:33:38 PM
Religion is certainly a force. but I don't think it's a bad one. Religion helps many people to find their place in this world and to understand it's structure. Some people try to use religion to separate people. But it is not the religion's problem. It is people business. So blaming religion in all the bad things that happen around us is dancing in circles.
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
October 21, 2018, 11:20:57 AM
I think you are wrong in evaluating religion, in my opinion it is not religion that spreads war but the rulers or the government in order to achieve their interests. whereas in the matter of religion, I think people are free to choose religion, they do not have to follow the religion of their parentst
Religion refers to the beliefs and a series of practical and moral instructions that the prophets have related on behalf of God to guide and lead human beings. It points to the recognition of one controlling power, God, who, as the sole creator, guides human life towards its ultimate perfection by adopting a set of principles and by obedience of specific code of practical ethics.
October 20, 2018, 06:59:05 AM
Now world religion is a controlling tool of spreading war.They are not following even what religion said.So political is binding with religion and they using it for improving racism and separate people.As humans we have a huge responsibility to minimize this problem.We must spreading humanity except racism.Religion must not going to parents to children.People can be choose what they following or not.

Religion doesn't start war, its a facade - people do. That said, blanket statements about religion are rarely ever helpful considering the vast array of religions out there.

Semantics... religions do start wars

Wars are started because people refuse to settle differences through talking... religious people have no interest in settling differences with people of other religions... the majority of "holy" books (Bible, Quran, etc) state that you are commanded by god to murder anyone who even tries to convert you to another religion, even if it is your own family, parents or children trying to convert you.

If you don't believe that religious differences have started wars... you are willfully ignorant

Also, there is not a "vast array of religions out there"... I can count the religions of the world on 2 hands... 1 hand on a good day (jew, christian, muslim, hindu, buddhist)
legendary
October 18, 2018, 03:45:42 PM
And organized science is one of the worst religion viruses.    Cool
legendary
October 17, 2018, 03:51:40 PM

Religion is important to each and everyone of us to have a right path to walk through our lives. Religion taught us morality and other good traits that our great great grand parents handed down to us.

For me religion is both business and hope its not a virus. There may be some church officials that are meddling with political decision but they are just human beings. We shouldn't let our beliefs to our religion be taken away because of those hypocrites that are running the church.

Just make sure you keep your religion to yourself and do not harm others.

You have the right to your own private delusion. No issues.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
October 18, 2018, 09:32:50 AM

Maybe you have your own opinion but as what i've seen why do people fighting for religion if it said that we have only one God? Maybe those people who started war doesn't want to be controlled or people who wants to become a leader to control and start their own empire.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
October 17, 2018, 06:31:01 PM

Activity: 99
Merit: 6
October 17, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

Religion is important to each and everyone of us to have a right path to walk through our lives. Religion taught us morality and other good traits that our great great grand parents handed down to us.

For me religion is both business and hope its not a virus. There may be some church officials that are meddling with political decision but they are just human beings. We shouldn't let our beliefs to our religion be taken away because of those hypocrites that are running the church.
Pages:
Jump to: