Pages:
Author

Topic: Request for the merit source for the Polish board - page 2. (Read 588 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
So I'd like to nominate any of the most active (and well respected) top 3 posters:
Tytanowy Janusz

Thank you for the nomination but even more thank you for creating this thread and taking care of our home, Polish section.
Thanks also for merit rain, I'm sure it'll be enough for a while.

But it seems to me that an even more important issue has been touched upon in passing here, namely the lack of moderation. our current moderator has been doing a great job for years, but he's been gone for 4 months. I hope he's okay and will be back on the forum soon, but until then a temporary replacement would be in order and I think it's even more of a priority than the merit source.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
I gave you and the others 14 merits each

i also thank you for the merit rain. i also immediately took the opportunity to reward a newbie from the polish board for his interesting topics with several merits.

Americans, you know.  We only know how to speak English; that's a stereotype, but it's one that's pretty accurate if you're talking about the typical Walmart shopper.  Blame the isolation and the education system here for that, and I'm a good example of a single-language American by the way, so I'm not throwing stones from a glass house.

that's the point and it looks like a few here can't appreciate this privilege - and that's very sad Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I gave you and the others 14 merits each...

Thank you mate, this is like merit stimulus for our local board

...Hope some one gets appointed.

fingers crossed

In the past we had 2 merit sources if I remember correctly not only @Malevolent but also @Rath_,

both of them spread merits pretty efficiently, unfortunately I haven't seen Rath_ on forum either,

I haven't checked their accounts yet, so maybe I am wrong and  Rath is here, at least occasionally

edit
just checked and Rath_ wasn't here from long time (1 month) just like Malevolent (4 months already)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I gave you and the others 14 merits each. Hope some one gets appointed.
Good idea, and I matched your 14 merits and raised you 2 with the hope that OP will spread the paltry 8 sMerits that results from that around the Polish board since I obviously can't.  I don't usually act as a merit source like this, but I get the sense that pawel7777 started this thread with good intentions and isn't going to hoard the merits he got.

Americans, you know.  We only know how to speak English; that's a stereotype, but it's one that's pretty accurate if you're talking about the typical Walmart shopper.  Blame the isolation and the education system here for that, and I'm a good example of a single-language American by the way, so I'm not throwing stones from a glass house.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
No idea if/what is the official process for requesting this, but Polish local board could really use another merit source.
To my understanding, we currently have only 1 source (malevolent) who is hardly active on this forum.

The stats say it all (credit to Rikafip), it's the local board with the worst merit/post ratio, despite high quality posts:

So I'd like to nominate any of the most active (and well respected) top 3 posters:
Tytanowy Janusz
wwzsocki
cygan

I gave you and the others 14 merits each. Hope some one gets appointed.
Activity: 826
Merit: 753
Living Life with Hemophilia🤡
To be honest, I just don't like the idea of giving merits on local boards. I am sorry if I sound like a bad guy but I would say that local boards feel the national pride and duty to help each-other to rank up and give merits to their compatriots.
I think the situation is following: People from poor countries help each-other to rank up to participate in signature campaigns with high payroll. That's probably why I see that person only gets merits from local boards while his/her posts in English language never get rewarded. This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.
Correct me if I am wrong, I have no problem with that but this is just what I see and notice.
What you mentioned is not actually false, because merit system is being misused in many places.
But we also have to keep in mind that Local boards are also a part of the forum and it's not that Shit posters roam here all the time. There are many good posters also, they spread their own community about Bitcoin and Crypto Currency by providing various information about its update or new technologies, which is a little easy to understand for many peoples.
And since the topic is Merits Sourcehere, I will say that Merits sources are given to those persons who will never abuse merit, because not everyone can be merit source and that's why only 110 people out of 3.57 million users are merit sources. Moreover, DT members are there to give red lights to their hand who abuse merits after getting merit from sources.
And I think there is no crime to join the signature campaign by getting merit and ranking up. Because the signature campaign is given for this reason, selected users are getting money through the signature campaign, and I think money is the best incentive for doing something good.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
To be honest, I just don't like the idea of giving merits on local boards. I am sorry if I sound like a bad guy but I would say that local boards feel the national pride and duty to help each-other to rank up and give merits to their compatriots.
That's definitely a contrarian viewpoint, and though I certainly understand your point about nationalistic favoritism, the fact is that this forum is a global one and not everyone here speaks English well, if at all.  And though I don't know this for sure, I think most existing merit sources cover one or two languages at most, and English is usually one of them.

Where does that leave members of a board like the Polish one, the members of which might not have a lot of merits to spread around?  Well, it leads to the situation that OP described, a board that has (presumably) a lot of good posts that are going unmerited.  Personally I've always supported local board merit sources, and I think each one should have at least one source on the lookout for good posts.  As far as the national pride thing goes....these are only merits we're talking about, languages a minority of members speak, and if it were my country that had a local board with abysmal merit distribution I'd be asking Theymos to appoint someone to be a merit source for my community. 

Shoot, I'd help out the Polish board if I spoke Polish, but I don't.  Therein lies the problem, no?
Activity: 574
Merit: 308
I can't call decent members to those who use the support of locals on local board to rank up and then post shit posts on international boards in English language.
Am I the only one who sees this tendency? There are a lot of people who post shit posts but have lots of merits, then I check their profiles and 95% of merits come from local boards. This problem really exists, this is a loophole that shitposters use.

What's the purpose of merit if I may ask you? To appreciate helpful contribution if I am correct, right? Judging from your perspective, even if a post is useful to the local board it should not be merited since it's a local board. That's a very weak argument. The merit sources are not that foolish to be meriting every post if they're not merit worthy.

It's true that some people are not fluent in English but that doesn't stop them from contributing massively to their local board with their local board. Having majority of their merit from local board simply means they are more active there. By the way, campaign manager are not always after merit but the quality of your post.
Activity: 518
Merit: 547
Until a new merit source is chosen, and if you feel unfair in getting merits in your local board, create a topic in the Reputation or Beginners & Help section with a quote for posts that deserve merits, (make the topic self-moderated to avoid spam) I will bookmark that page and visit it from From time to time, and it will be a best place to choose a merit source in the future.
That's an interesting proposal. You are one of the few guys who want to merit local board posts. I don't remember seeing anyone except for fillippone, who intends to review local posts. There is a thread by Loyce to report unmerited good posts. But the limitation is he cannot review local posts as he doesn't understand other local languages! It will be challenging for you to evaluate good posts. But, if you rely on some established members who can review for you and submit the posts, this is great approach.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
malevolent is also a moderator for Polish local board so if he/she left the forum, Polish board will need another local moderator.
I wish them good luck if they go for another moderator. We (Croatian local board) lost ours (Lauda) years ago and never got a new one and we are far more active than Polish local board.

This is how merit laundering happens: I post a normal or high quality post, then someone gives me 50 merits, so I'm left with 25 smerits, then I send 25 smerits to another compatriot, then he will receive 30 merits from merit source, then he sends me 10 merits and so on. I would say that most of the times, local board members send inadequate volume of merits to their compatriots. Btw it's hard to argue whether person deserves 1 merit, 2 merit or 50 merits because everyone can back it up simply: I felt so.
But you can clearly see that's not happening in Polish board as they had a measly 0.04 merits per post in June which is equal to Off-Topic merit/post ratio, and we all know what kind of discussions are going on there. Hell, even Announcements (Altcoins) board which is known for spam and shitposts had 2x of their merit post ratio.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
This is how merit laundering happens: I post a normal or high quality post, then someone gives me 50 merits, so I'm left with 25 smerits, then I send 25 smerits to another compatriot, then he will receive 30 merits from merit source, then he sends me 10 merits and so on. I would say that most of the times, local board members send inadequate volume of merits to their compatriots. Btw it's hard to argue whether person deserves 1 merit, 2 merit or 50 merits because everyone can back it up simply: I felt so.

This is to assume that every merit source has a scheme to give more merits to their compatriots than to others. Which doesn't make any sense.
I give more merits to the participants of the Portuguese tab, because I spend most of my time there, not just because I speak Portuguese.

In addition, there is no rule or standard on how to distribute merits, so I think it is difficult to define whether a merit is or is not given well.

Therefore, this idea that there is a merit distribution scheme in local tabs does not make any sense.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
Merit sources are chosen by admins on request and nomination from local board members, if there is something wrong with how they use their power then such cases should be investigated and MS exchanged if proven that indeed rewarded posts they shouldn't.

However most of signature campaigns need to posts in global boards, so if they're shitposters, they should be not in campaign as the managers will reject shitposters.
Managers don't reject shitposters. Sometimes signature campaigns have low pay rate but need to hire a lot of users, then they are unable to hire high quality posters and out of 50 slots, only 30 is filled. What managers do in this case? They simply hire low quality posters because there is no high quality poster left who will agree their payrate but there is a gap to fill.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
No idea if/what is the official process for requesting this, but Polish local board could really use another merit source.
To my understanding, we currently have only 1 source (malevolent) who is hardly active on this forum.
Until a new merit source is chosen, and if you feel unfair in getting merits in your local board, create a topic in the Reputation or Beginners & Help section with a quote for posts that deserve merits, (make the topic self-moderated to avoid spam) I will bookmark that page and visit it from From time to time, and it will be a best place to choose a merit source in the future.

In general, the process of selecting new merit sources is slow, and I have a surplus of these sMerit, so creating such topic will make it easier for me.

This is an invitation to all other local boards. Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 484
I can't call decent members to those who use the support of locals on local board to rank up and then post shit posts on international boards in English language.
Am I the only one who sees this tendency? There are a lot of people who post shit posts but have lots of merits, then I check their profiles and 95% of merits come from local boards. This problem really exists, this is a loophole that shitposters use.
If those users have a lot merits and their posts on global boards are like shit, actually there's no problem for me. I mean, I don't care if those users have a lot merits from local board, it's just merit, nothing else. If they use the account to sell merit, ruin the DT system, or anything that harm for the community, this would be an issue.

However most of signature campaigns need to posts in global boards, so if they're shitposters, they should be not in campaign as the managers will reject shitposters.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I think a lot of members who communicate on international boards are language barrier.
People should feel more comfortable and communicate better through their mother language than through their second language such as Enlish. In fact, they should communicate better in their local boards with native languagues than in International (global) boards with English.

They don't join local discussions probably because their local boards are dead, inactive or just shit posts and they are not interested in joining low quality discussions. Sometimes they just don't have a local board or local thread.
Activity: 308
Merit: 340
Jolly? I think I've heard that name before. hmm
This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.
The main idea behind merit system is to stop shitposters ever reaching higher ranks, and not to stop decent members from ranking.

Did you also see their posting on the local board? I see a lot of good posts on my local board and no spam there. I think a lot of members who communicate on international boards are language barrier. Apart from the quality of the posts, people who take the forum seriously and don't commit fraud also deserve appreciation

Did you know that every time I post in English, I have to use a translation and correct the spelling? That's pretty tough buddy
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
in addition, the only merit source on the polish board (malevolent) was last online on 03/18/2023 and has not visited the forum since then... Roll Eyes
malevolent is also a moderator for Polish local board so if he/she left the forum, Polish board will need another local moderator.

It is too soon to make a conclusion but let's keep observing actitivities of malevolent. If he left the forum, Polish members will have chance to ask two things: a new moderator and a new merit source.

Different criteria for choosing a local moderator (mainly based on report history and reputation) and a merit source (reputation and post quality).
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
first, i would also like to thank pawel7777 for nominating me as a merit source on the polish local board.
as wwzsocki has already written, it is very difficult to promote completely new users in their rank, if you can not show a general merit source in the said local board. thus, the number of new users stagnates and only the old-established users of the forum discuss.
in addition, the only merit source on the polish board (malevolent) was last online on 03/18/2023 and has not visited the forum since then... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

First thank you for nomination and second I agree with you that we need merit source from long time

it was discussed on our local board few times and we have even requested new merit source officially (as it should) very long time ago but never get any reaction to this from @Theymos so slowly gave up to even try

Fortunately there was always couple of Polish members that posted also on English boards quality content that was rewarded and thanks to them we had some merits to reward newbies and active members for their efforts, to make them willing to come back at least. There are not many active members on our local board and many newbies never come back after they see that it will be almost impossible for them to rank up especially if they don't understand English enough

I myself don't have merits lately (don't post on English boards too often), and if I get some then also try to always save few to reward members on our local board to keep it rolling, when I see/read some quality post that I can't merit then always ask merit source to check it out and reward but this is rarely the case that it happens in the end of course

...local boards feel the national pride and duty to help each-other to rank up and give merits to their compatriots...
Correct me if I am wrong, I have no problem with that but this is just what I see and notice.

At least is not all the local board that does such, maybe you might have seen it happening in some other local board...is best you specify the country...I think that some merit source in some local board are really strict and they don't just give merit to any post just to help out their fellow compatriots in ranking up to join a higher paid campaign...

Merit sources are chosen by admins on request and nomination from local board members, if there is something wrong with how they use their power then such cases should be investigated and MS exchanged if proven that indeed rewarded posts they shouldn't.

we just can't punish all local boards because of that and for sure this is not the case on Polish board, we have plenty of high quality content that should be rewarded and isn't because we don't have merits or active merit source to do it

Activity: 560
Merit: 418
I think the situation is following: People from poor countries help each-other to rank up to participate in signature campaigns with high payroll. That's probably why I see that person only gets merits from local boards while his/her posts in English language never get rewarded. This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.

At least is not all the local board that does such, maybe you might have seen it happening in some other local board and I won't say people from poor countries, is best you specify the country and no country would like to be addressed in that way in as much as I myself respect you opinion. But some how what you're saying about these whole thing getting to destroy the merit system is true. I think that some merit source in some local board are really strict and they don't just give merit to any post just to help out their fellow compatriots in ranking up to join a higher paid campaign, to me I won't want anything to mess things up concerning the merit system as it is, before one has to get a merit he/she has to earn it.
Pages:
Jump to: