Pages:
Author

Topic: Request for the merit source for the Polish board - page 3. (Read 588 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
I can't call decent members to those who use the support of locals on local board to rank up and then post shit posts on international boards in English language.
Am I the only one who sees this tendency? There are a lot of people who post shit posts but have lots of merits, then I check their profiles and 95% of merits come from local boards. This problem really exists, this is a loophole that shitposters use.

Normally, someone who is a source of merit was evaluated and showed that he was someone with good sense in the distribution of merits.

So, if someone makes great posts on your local board, and gets merits for it, that's fine. Who is to blame for those who give merits, for those who receive low-value posts in English? Where does the merits system fail in this regard? Merit is given not because it is person x or y, but for the posts it makes.

In addition, it is up to campaign managers to assess whether this person makes good or bad posts.
If the person makes more posts in a general way, then he doesn't have much advantage in having many merits, because he won't be able to participate in a campaign.

By the way, merits were not created to participate in campaigns. Managers use this tool to help them choose.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
I understand the need for a locale to have a merit source at atleast one and since the one already assigned to the board is not that active anymore, having a request like this is enough to serve a reminder on the need for a merit source on the local board, but in additional to this, you need to understand the need to also encourage for more participations on the local board from members by increasing the board performances in activities, just as you can see from the statistical performance that it's the least on the chart and if they could atleast increase more performance may also trigger more attentions to back up the request.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.
The main idea behind merit system is to stop shitposters ever reaching higher ranks, and not to stop decent members from ranking.
I can't call decent members to those who use the support of locals on local board to rank up and then post shit posts on international boards in English language.
Am I the only one who sees this tendency? There are a lot of people who post shit posts but have lots of merits, then I check their profiles and 95% of merits come from local boards. This problem really exists, this is a loophole that shitposters use.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
To be honest, I just don't like the idea of giving merits on local boards.
Local boards usually have members who prefer to be active only in their own local board and without merit sources it will be very hard for them to ever rank up. Therefore there is nothing wrong with having merit sources that will be focused on their own local board (btw, that doesn't stop them from sharing merit in other parts of the forum as they often do that).

That used to be the case in Croatian local board few years ago when it was almost impossible to rank up if you were mainly active there no matter how quality your posts were. Luckily that changed after we got few merit sources so now quality posts don't go unmerited.

This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.
The main idea behind merit system is to stop shitposters ever reaching higher ranks, and not to stop decent members from ranking.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
To be honest, I just don't like the idea of giving merits on local boards. I am sorry if I sound like a bad guy but I would say that local boards feel the national pride and duty to help each-other to rank up and give merits to their compatriots.
I think the situation is following: People from poor countries help each-other to rank up to participate in signature campaigns with high payroll. That's probably why I see that person only gets merits from local boards while his/her posts in English language never get rewarded. This isn't fair and probably destroys the main idea of merit system on this forum.
Correct me if I am wrong, I have no problem with that but this is just what I see and notice.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
While I do agree that based on merit/post ratio Polish board could use another merit source, that's not really how merit sorce application works.

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

My suggestion is that you talk among yourslf in Polish board who will submit application, and then support the one you choose.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
No idea if/what is the official process for requesting this, but Polish local board could really use another merit source.
To my understanding, we currently have only 1 source (malevolent) who is hardly active on this forum.

The stats say it all (credit to Rikafip), it's the local board with the worst merit/post ratio, despite high quality posts:

So I'd like to nominate any of the most active (and well respected) top 3 posters:
Tytanowy Janusz
wwzsocki
cygan
Pages:
Jump to: