Pages:
Author

Topic: [RFC] Potential release of AMD Lyra2z miner (Raw speed: Vega64 9.8 MH/s) - page 2. (Read 7124 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Bump. any news on any miner at all for AMD Vega cards on Win10?
Tried Sgminer but only got 1Mh/s, but then again I don't know how to configure in the bat file
There is also tdxminer but I have not tried yet, have you?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I got very low hashrate    2.7 mhs with all 6 rx 580

Can someone please help me?
Activity: 169
Tried Sgminer but only got 1Mh/s, but then again I don't know how to configure in the bat file
Sgminer's lyra2z kernel is unoptimized.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
just put some sort of devfee, like others
Activity: 10
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
Any news on miner? will ever a release?
Activity: 504
Merit: 122
Lyra2z should be considered dead to GPU miners and coin devs need to wake up to that fact.  FPGA is owning Lyra2z and that will only get worse as time goes on.

Time to focus on true ASIC/FPGA resistance if new coin and existing coin projects want to be taken seriously as a proof of work algorithm.

Where is FPGA? As far i know, some people is testing some FPGA and i remeber that i saw a FPGA for $3500 and it says 25mh/s on lyra2z, i think i can get more hash power with $3500 in a rig with amd cards.
Maybe if FPGA turns solid, with good support, devs, miners and easy to buy and a good price like $1000 instead $3500 i can consider 'dead for GPU miners'.

GPU`s do consume alot more power than those FPGA`s, and there are already thousands of FPGA`s sold/preordered. And Lyra2z is the first algo they will "destroy".. :-S

Maybe you are right, but i'm waiting for proof and evidence.
Little few dev is working on FPGA, so i'm not sure when and if this is will be real. I didn't see any proof in video/pools that FPGA can hash that informed values.
Activity: 27
dev fee + windows release.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
Lyra2z should be considered dead to GPU miners and coin devs need to wake up to that fact.  FPGA is owning Lyra2z and that will only get worse as time goes on.

Time to focus on true ASIC/FPGA resistance if new coin and existing coin projects want to be taken seriously as a proof of work algorithm.

Where is FPGA? As far i know, some people is testing some FPGA and i remeber that i saw a FPGA for $3500 and it says 25mh/s on lyra2z, i think i can get more hash power with $3500 in a rig with amd cards.
Maybe if FPGA turns solid, with good support, devs, miners and easy to buy and a good price like $1000 instead $3500 i can consider 'dead for GPU miners'.

GPU`s do consume alot more power than those FPGA`s, and there are already thousands of FPGA`s sold/preordered. And Lyra2z is the first algo they will "destroy".. :-S
Activity: 504
Merit: 122

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
I don't think there will ever be a release.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
Activity: 12
I want to purchase a miner that gives more than 5mh with rx580.
who has it please write to me at pm with the price
Activity: 5
I always go by the rules of CAPITALISM - cos it works.
You do not need to justify dev fees, competition will do that.

Its simple really, if your hashrate (minus devfee) is not on par or better with other present or future competition - don't expect customers.
Even if it is on par - clients will not switch to setup and lose mining downtime + lose a familiar/accustomed miner + lose a stable setup + lose community/support....

Make the cheese big enough and they will come.

Sgminer is already on a lyra2z prerelease but atm poor hashrates for me, and tdxminer (6+MH/s) hopefully will come out with a windows release - so it will be wise to establish a good user base soon.

Activity: 352
So will this paid miner be there?
I understand that the Creator wants 25% well, I agree when it will be possible to download and use it? Roll Eyes Wink
Apparently never ...

So let's wait for other creators), this apparently does not want to earn money)

While x17 verge is also interesting in mining on AMD 580) (8.8 MHs-9.1 Mhs for one RX580 - I-18-20) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdLFw5KwxNA
Activity: 10
I understand that the Creator wants 25% well, I agree when it will be possible to download and use it? Roll Eyes Wink
Apparently never ...
Activity: 352
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
Pages:
Jump to: