Pages:
Author

Topic: [RFC] Potential release of AMD Lyra2z miner (Raw speed: Vega64 9.8 MH/s) - page 4. (Read 7124 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 2
Zcoin mining almost never was highly profitable. Now zcoin mining profits in deep ass even on gtx 1070ti.
I'm pretty sure that even after release of this optimised miner, just within few days-maybe week, mining profit will be exactly the same as on Ether. So in this case the winner will be only miner software developer, due to fees.
Miners will not see any huge mining profits. Also nvidia miners will be in very poor position

I agree.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
25%  Cheesy Grin r y crazy ?)))
Electricity, devices...
1-2% dfee maybe
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
Zcoin mining almost never was highly profitable. Now zcoin mining profits in deep ass even on gtx 1070ti.
I'm pretty sure that even after release of this optimised miner, just within few days-maybe week, mining profit will be exactly the same as on Ether. So in this case the winner will be only miner software developer, due to fees.
Miners will not see any huge mining profits. Also nvidia miners will be in very poor position
Activity: 159
Merit: 5
2% dev fee.

Andddd you're why we can't have nice things  Cheesy Cry

No seriously: 2% is right.
Currently all AMD miners are seeking a coin to mine to generate a profit. At 2% you will have thousands of rigs move to your algo. Also I doubt there will be any effort to create a spin off of your miner without the dev fee if you're at 2%.
At 25% indeed your code will be hacked to remove that fee.
And finally you are blocking most development efforts of other developers at 2%.
Activity: 10
Just make it happen, don't really care about the fee.
Activity: 148
2% dev fee.

Andddd you're why we can't have nice things  Cheesy Cry
Activity: 27
My $.02 is I'd rather see a lower dev fee, with maybe an upfront buy in. But if those numbers work out to be true, this is something I'm sure many AMD GPU miners would be very interested it.
Activity: 159
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Dev fee is ok to me, may be it will lower with more miners, eg: 1000 rigs = 25% dev fee. >5000 rigs = 20% devfee, >10K rigs = 15% fee...
Activity: 33
The problem with releasing a miner with such a huge advantage into the public with a very high fee is that someone will find a way to remove it. It'll happen quickly too.

This miner has such a ridiculous advantage right now that the smart thing to do would be releasing a detuned version to the public with a 2-3% fee. Save a faster version for people willing to pay for it.

If this thing does go public i will enjoy seeing all the botnets mining xzc get fucked by the hashrate increase.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
I vote for a fee. Fair because, the higher you use the miner, the higher your pay...

For the fee amount: you may adopt a progressive approach: 25% at the begining (first week: this level is too high to last more than a week), then a regular decrease toward 2% a few months later...

Or choose a more reasonable fee: 10%
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
How much you earn is your business.
I care about how much I earn.

If giving you 25% fee earns me more money that now - I'll gladly pay

And for those who aren't willing to pay - Silly idealism will not earn more money Wink
Activity: 33
paid for miner sp style. I would consider building amd rigs again for this assuming the price is right.

I would never support a miner with a 25% dev fee. I don't care how fast it is.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
well, that would literally give a life to all amd cards again!
especially vegas, cause it will be 3 times faster then gtx1080ti
wow.. you should release the miner with 2-3% dev fee  and I'm sure a lot of people will use it!
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Activity: 16
$2.5/rx580 with that hash rate. That's insane. My 1080ti does 3.37mh/s.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
very impressive improvement.
I would accept the fee for this massive increase in hashrate.
Hoping its compatible with old r9 290x soldiers?

... really blows away 1080ti performance.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
fee with windows version
Activity: 148
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
you are too late, someone mine with AMD  GPU farm for half a year
Pages:
Jump to: