Pages:
Author

Topic: ripple: let's test it! - page 16. (Read 43925 times)

Activity: 507
Merit: 500
February 28, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
rfpS692WVbsSXyv6R48K8A2LHCqdvYaS2w
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 28, 2013, 09:40:46 PM
Someone have same problem with wallet which going offline?

Found answer.

I'm also constantly having problems with currency exchange: order book does not update and wallet occasionally goes offline without any reason. Also, I added trust to bitstamp address but program keep asking me to add trust to the same address each time I attempt withdrawing to my ripple wallet. After refreshing webpage all goes to norm except if I wasn't cicked offline. All in last firefox, win7
These are the three issues that are at the top of my priority list. It will take us a few days to resolve as it requires both server and client changes that have to be coordinated.

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
February 28, 2013, 09:37:43 PM
Ripple's server (or whatever it is) still seems erratic--cutting in and out a lot.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
February 28, 2013, 06:08:50 PM
If anyone cares to grant a small BTC or GBP credit, I will reciprocate. When I get some XRP.

rh7eAu9SrFsE2fVfc1PJTs1WYDHGAUde6V
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 28, 2013, 04:35:42 PM
Thanks for that tip. Now I can see the BTC/BTC market.
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
February 28, 2013, 11:20:56 AM
You can type any currency pair you want into the trade dropdown. Speaking of which, can anybody else see my BTC/BTC trade? The client makes it a puzzle to set up the trade correctly, but I don't see a reason it shouldn't work.

BTC/BTC? How do you see that market... I can't see that currency pair. Once I select an issuer of base currency, I cannot change the secondary currency other than by selecting a currency pair from the drop-down which does not contain BTC/BTC.

I think what he's saying is that he synthesized that pair by looking at BTCwee/XRP and BTCbitstamp/XRP. When you cancel out XRP, it gives you BCTwee/BCTbitstamp.

I'm not sure why we can't see that pair directly, though. We can already see crosses between different IOU issuers, BTCbitstamp/USDwee, for instance, so why not BTCx/BTCy crosses?

No – you can see that pair directly by typing "BTC/BTC" in the dropdown field and setting the issuers correctly.

holy shit. I call that a "hidden feature"

Having the drop-down menu is a bit deceiving, people think it it limited to what options are available and do not realize they can type something else in the box.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
February 28, 2013, 11:16:19 AM
You can type any currency pair you want into the trade dropdown. Speaking of which, can anybody else see my BTC/BTC trade? The client makes it a puzzle to set up the trade correctly, but I don't see a reason it shouldn't work.

BTC/BTC? How do you see that market... I can't see that currency pair. Once I select an issuer of base currency, I cannot change the secondary currency other than by selecting a currency pair from the drop-down which does not contain BTC/BTC.

I think what he's saying is that he synthesized that pair by looking at BTCwee/XRP and BTCbitstamp/XRP. When you cancel out XRP, it gives you BCTwee/BCTbitstamp.

I'm not sure why we can't see that pair directly, though. We can already see crosses between different IOU issuers, BTCbitstamp/USDwee, for instance, so why not BTCx/BTCy crosses?

No – you can see that pair directly by typing "BTC/BTC" in the dropdown field and setting the issuers correctly.

holy shit. I call that a "hidden feature"
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
February 28, 2013, 11:00:13 AM

Activity: 34
February 28, 2013, 10:00:09 AM

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
February 28, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
February 28, 2013, 12:32:35 AM
Why is the transaction less likely to fail by transferring a little more than the user intends to transfer?
In the transaction, you specify the source and destination accounts, the destination amount and currency, and the source currency. If you specified the source amount, the transaction would fail if the network state was even slightly different from the state it was in when you formed the transaction. So instead, you specify a maximum amount you are willing to pay to deliver the destination amount. The network computes the minimum amount to make the payment with the paths specified. So long as it is equal to or less than the maximum source amount, the transaction goes through. The amount you pay is the actual amount needed.

So it's not that you transfer a little more, it's that you allow the transaction to transfer a little more should that be necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2013, 11:38:38 PM
I have a question, I did some trading and I turned 1 bitcoin into 1.5 bitcoin, now I want to take that 1.5bitcoin and put it into my bitstamp account. But when I go do that I get a message right before confirming it, that they will get 1.5bitcoin, and it also says "You can pay at most 1.515" why is that mean exactly? I don't want to be in debit to anyone right now?
Activity: 25
February 28, 2013, 12:20:04 AM
I have a question, I did some trading and I turned 1 bitcoin into 1.5 bitcoin, now I want to take that 1.5bitcoin and put it into my bitstamp account. But when I go do that I get a message right before confirming it, that they will get 1.5bitcoin, and it also says "You can pay at most 1.515" why is that mean exactly? I don't want to be in debit to anyone right now?
There is no way to ensure the network is in precisely the same condition when it processes the transaction as it is in when you form the transaction. To prevent transactions from failing unnecessarily, the client generally applies an extra 1% "slush" to ensure the transaction goes through. This could result in a transaction leaving you in debt. I don't think there's currently any way to change this behavior. (You could always transfer 1% less, I suppose.)

Why is the transaction less likely to fail by transferring a little more than the user intends to transfer?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
February 27, 2013, 11:41:36 PM
There is no way to ensure the network is in precisely the same condition when it processes the transaction as it is in when you form the transaction. To prevent transactions from failing unnecessarily, the client generally applies an extra 1% "slush" to ensure the transaction goes through. This could result in a transaction leaving you in debt. I don't think there's currently any way to change this behavior. (You could always transfer 1% less, I suppose.)
Activity: 91
February 27, 2013, 11:24:57 PM
Any philanthropists willing to send me 400 XRP? I promise to return 500 to him when my transfer to Bitstamp arrives. Thanks!:

r9uVRhJEKsJVaxsU3c3rimzLWKYRmDUcX2

I'll do it!

Thank you very much, give me 2 or 3 days Smiley
February 27, 2013, 10:29:49 PM
Just bought some GBP from BITSTAMP into Ripple who wants 1p of actual real credit?  Giving 21p away  Grin

Heck, if you are just giving stuff away, I'll take it! As my good friend always says: "If it's for free, it's for me" Smiley

my address: rGsLivkDjTZHFQ8oV2h81uTcbTpgjEaEY7

I think you need to give your address so people can trust you to receive the giveaway?

Edit: I guess if you got the GBP onto ripple through bitstamp, then they are probably BitStamp GBP, so one would have to trust Bitstamp for GBP. Or would it work if somebody trusted either the two of you? If somebody trusted both, would it send the Bitstamp GBP because that is a positive account balance, or would it send the Matthewh3 GBP because that is a simpler trust relationship, or would it randomly pick one?

Edit Edit: Is there some sort of directory for Ripple yet? I just noticed the address r9YoMBhhQbEA8jsvHnWhAM8tdpN4xYrb8B on my trust list, but I am not sure who they are?
February 27, 2013, 10:27:02 PM
Any philanthropists willing to send me 400 XRP? I promise to return 500 to him when my transfer to Bitstamp arrives. Thanks!:

I'll do it!
February 27, 2013, 09:13:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
February 27, 2013, 08:50:13 PM
Just bought some GBP from BITSTAMP into Ripple who wants 1p of actual real credit?  Giving 21p away  Grin
February 27, 2013, 04:46:40 PM
Hi, add me up!

Pages:
Jump to: