Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple: The Best Way To Legitimize Bitcoin - page 8. (Read 13027 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 09, 2013, 07:35:10 AM
You can always accept 0 confirmation transaction. Anyway, Bitcoin hasn't been created for small transaction, but that doesn't mean that it can't be used for it. You just have to wait a bit. Also, the dev's could make changes to the protocol to improve it.

You can't exploit the Bitcoin protocol like you can with Ripple. Normal people don't want to check stuff, it's way to complicated for them. They trust big networks (like TradeFortress had) and lose their money, because the stuff they got was worthless. (Thanks Aahzman, for proving my point).

A normal person can barely grasp Bitcoin and Ripple is even harder then that.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
December 09, 2013, 07:29:47 AM
I had 40K ripple. I tried to move it to my WeExchange account. It "got lost", and was never seen again, despite transaction confirmations and info.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 09, 2013, 07:20:02 AM
Ripple is dead and has never lived. Just look at what TF could do with it. It's unreliable and not trustworthy.

Jeeze, dude...Ripple just went Open Source a little over a month ago....and has since gotten millions in venture capital backing from Google Venture, Andreessen Horowitz, et al. Ripple is adding hundreds of new accounts a day, have more than doubled the number of gateways, and volume has been steadily rising in every currency.

Perhaps you prefer being slave to bank fees and slow transaction times....I don't.
I prefer security and if slow transactions (10 minutes ain't slow) and fee's (which is only 13 euro cents at the current market price) are required for that, I will take it with both hands. TradeFortress scammed a shitload of people with fake Ripple shit. Have fun with your insecure network.

In POS ... point of sale... transactions ten minutes is a LIFETIME. Trying to do a 10 minute transaction at McDonalds or the supermarket is insane....the sliding credit card copier would be faster!! Bitcoin can only be mainstreamed if it has an expeditious delivery system like Ripple.

Exercising due diligence before depositing your money anywhere is common sense. You know, checking who they bank with, what licenses they have, etc. You don't just send money to the first business that contacts you from Nigeria with promises of wealth....that'd be retarded.

Federating all the existing financial systems under 1 umbrella is where we have to go next. Thus far, Ripple is the first, best and only solution.

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 09, 2013, 06:50:04 AM
Ripple is dead and has never lived. Just look at what TF could do with it. It's unreliable and not trustworthy.

Jeeze, dude...Ripple just went Open Source a little over a month ago....and has since gotten millions in venture capital backing from Google Venture, Andreessen Horowitz, et al. Ripple is adding hundreds of new accounts a day, have more than doubled the number of gateways, and volume has been steadily rising in every currency.

Perhaps you prefer being slave to bank fees and slow transaction times....I don't.
I prefer security and if slow transactions (10 minutes ain't slow) and fee's (which is only 13 euro cents at the current market price) are required for that, I will take it with both hands. TradeFortress scammed a shitload of people with fake Ripple shit. Have fun with your insecure network.
December 09, 2013, 06:46:57 AM

December 09, 2013, 06:38:58 AM
Totally agree ripple is awesome, The concept does take a bit of getting used to especially if you're new to CC.

I definitely believe it has a lot of potential, There is a lot of misunderstanding of Ripple atm and a lot of detractors who do believe the currency XRP is too centralised for their liking. I personally find the open sourced Ripple protocol and the decentralised echange a lot more interesting and if operated correctly is a game changer for Bitcoin and International finance.

I do believe it's a bit scattered at the moment with a lot users utilising it differently, somewhere users could communicate and form partnerships on or off Ripple would be great.

I found a website called the Ripple Federation. I think it might be what your looking for.

http://ripplefederation.org

Lots of good stuff there :-)
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 09, 2013, 06:34:24 AM
December 09, 2013, 06:32:05 AM
Actually, Ripple is not centralized. Far from it. It is a distributed data base on servers around the world that instantly registers transactions via consensus.

Check out the introductory videos on the YouTube links that I've posted. If you want more detailed information, do a quick search for the Ripple Wiki page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M16ZatXbmLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxA3Gt7y3c

Good stuff!!! :-D

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
December 08, 2013, 08:04:25 PM
I like bitcoins better.
If only I had went to their conference where they gave 50k FREE ripples...  That time it was only $500 USD lol...

Isnt ripple centralized which just ruins the main point of bitcoin?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 08, 2013, 07:47:04 PM
Totally agree ripple is awesome, The concept does take a bit of getting used to especially if you're new to CC.

I definitely believe it has a lot of potential, There is a lot of misunderstanding of Ripple atm and a lot of detractors who do believe the currency XRP is too centralised for their liking. I personally find the open sourced Ripple protocol and the decentralised echange a lot more interesting and if operated correctly is a game changer for Bitcoin and International finance.

I do believe it's a bit scattered at the moment with a lot users utilising it differently, somewhere users could communicate and form partnerships on or off Ripple would be great.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
December 08, 2013, 07:42:16 PM
I like bitcoins better.
If only I had went to their conference where they gave 50k FREE ripples...  That time it was only $500 USD lol...
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
December 08, 2013, 07:27:37 PM
I setup a ripple account a few weeks ago, since it seems reasonable.  I work next to a wells fargo, so it was pretty easy to get usd into their system.
December 08, 2013, 07:02:33 PM

Ripple is simply amazing!!

If you don’t know, Ripple is actually 3 different things…

1. It is an internet protocol (like FTP, HTTP, etc.) designed for the sole purpose to federate existing financial systems the same way SMTP brought all the different email companies under one umbrella.

2. It is a market place that allows for the exchange and sale of fiat and crypto currencies. 

3. It is a currency created, not to hold value, but to lubricate the system. By charging .00001 XRP per transaction …. on a scale that proportionally increases to the volume of transactions the sender creates…..it prevents spam and defends against denial of service attacks.

Comparing fiat and crypto currencies to one another is similar to comparing different kinds of cars with different features. Dollars, Bitcoin, euros, litecoin, sterling….they all have something that make them stand out.

Ripple is VERY different. Ripple is the market place to buy and sell those cars and… more importantly .. the road on which they can faster than ever before!!!

I LOVE Bitcoin...that's why I'm using Ripple....I want to see Bitcoin succeed!!!!

(If you MUST have a conceptual comparison, try this: email meets bitcoin meets western union meets the forex)
Pages:
Jump to: