Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum - page 3. (Read 6266 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 30, 2018, 09:54:35 PM
The Ethereum  as for me is less volantilen.I it is perfect for long-term investments. And do not forget that Ethereum is not only a crypto currency, but also a "smart contract."

Agree. Ethereum is the King of altcoins, as nearly every Token we know and love today, has been launched on the Ethereum blockchain. It's close to Bitcoin in terms of development and innovation, making it one of the most secure cryptocurrencies to date. In contrast, Ripple (or should I say XRP) is not as active in development and innovation as Ethereum is. XRP is just full of hype without delivering real uses to the mainstream world. It could have cheaper fees and faster transaction speeds than ETH, but the latter is still the King of altcoins because it's extremely popular and decentralized.

Last year, XRP managed to bypass Ethereum in market cap as the second largest cryptocurrency in the world. However, this was only temporary as it quickly fell in value becoming the third largest cryptocurrency by market cap. One of the reasons for this may be that the Ripple company owns a huge share of XRP's total supply, which means that they could manipulate it at will.

If centralization on XRP persists, then there's no doubt that decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will stay on top for many years to come. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
August 28, 2018, 03:18:59 PM
The Ethereum  as for me is less volantilen.I it is perfect for long-term investments. And do not forget that Ethereum is not only a crypto currency, but also a "smart contract."
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 02:51:55 PM
Now it is obvious that Ethereum is a stronger and more interesting project than Ripple. Ripple is controlled by banks, so people don't trust it.
Nowadays, no one trusts banks. Because it's organizations that give money that they don't have. It's just a mediator between the rich world, which takes money from them and gives to the poor, and then profited on interest.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 02:50:52 PM
Both are good but I would recommend that you are invest most of your funds in bitcoin and alts are for extras. Learn more about them and pick the one that you think its good.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 02:48:37 PM
Now it is obvious that Ethereum is a stronger and more interesting project than Ripple. Ripple is controlled by banks, so people don't trust it.
Activity: 21
August 28, 2018, 02:47:35 PM
To my mind, it is better to choose ether because it has the 2d place after btc, which is the most powerful coin ever. Ether has almost the same potential to become the leader in the market
You are right. Ethereum is the best choice for now with great opportunities to bring profits. I believe ethereum will be able to recover from current market conditions, and hopefully the current green market continues.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
August 28, 2018, 02:43:14 PM
To my mind, it is better to choose ether because it has the 2d place after btc, which is the most powerful coin ever. Ether has almost the same potential to become the leader in the market
legendary
August 28, 2018, 02:41:47 PM
I'll go with ethereum, xrp is very decentralized. Ethereum is current rank 2 now in the most high market cap. So ethereum is still the best compare to xrp, ethereum team is very active now in their project, more improvement in ethereum is coming to the ethereum.

Yes. XRP is very centralized and is not active in development and innovation unlike Ethereum. The former is close to Bitcoin in terms of market cap, development, and popularity. Due to its unparalleled security and censorship resistance, it has managed to gather the attention of crypto enthusiasts and ordinary people in the mainstream world. However, that's not the case with XRP since it's centralized and works nearly the same way as a Bank.

XRP hasn't been able to provide its real uses in the mainstream world, as Banks are not required to use it for transfers. They could interact with XRP's ledger, without the need to own or use XRP at all, which questions how useful the XRP asset would be in the long term. For this and many other reasons, I believe that XRP will fail while Ethereum will remain as the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap.

Therefore, many people have chosen ETH over XRP because they trust it, as it's a permission-less system open to all. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 546
August 26, 2018, 09:53:03 AM
The comparison is very serious, but I think that in the case of such a comparison, I would probably use both projects for the benefit of my deposit, which brought a lot of benefits earlier, I am sure that they will still make themselves felt, because they are very popular.
Activity: 826
August 26, 2018, 09:51:23 AM
Ripple is a fantastic coin, the number of users that increased drastically makes Ripple's demand increase dramatically and this is what makes Ripple prices skyrocket, but ethereum is the most potential coin to skyrocket so I make ethereum the first priority.
Activity: 48
August 26, 2018, 09:42:53 AM
Ethereum is one of the most in demand coins in any exchange. ICO tokens will be exchange for it while ripple is on its silent world like no one cares,so it is very clear that ETH is superior between the two.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 08:30:00 PM
im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
It will be the etherium for sure , because for what i have been reading most , etherium is the best amongst the altcoins and they even say that the etherium will inherit the bitcoin in the future. Because they have the most similiraties in terms in a long term investments and in a long term gaining of profits. From time to time their value rises but also going low , and suddenly skyrocketing. I will always choose etherium than other altcoins when talking long term.
Activity: 105
August 23, 2018, 08:20:06 PM
I feel like this question is similar to whether I'd rather lose both my legs or both my arms
Activity: 112
August 23, 2018, 08:18:19 PM
Ethereum seems like the best option, it is actually considered a cryptocurrency, but ripple is could bring more profits than ethereum if you use it for trading, ethereum seems kind of stagnant at that aspect.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
August 23, 2018, 08:17:15 PM
I'll go with ethereum, xrp is very decentralized. Ethereum is current rank 2 now in the most high market cap. So ethereum is still the best compare to xrp, ethereum team is very active now in their project, more improvement in ethereum is coming to the ethereum.
legendary
August 23, 2018, 08:05:59 PM
Don't think so - they are different in their inner technical using. And ethereum is more familiar for people so investors trust this coin and will invest more money in it

Exactly. Both Ripple (XRP) and Ethereum are quite different not only in the way they're used, but also in their technical aspects. I believe that in the future, they will be used for unique things in the mainstream world, each fulfilling their purpose. XRP would be the top cryptocurrency for Banks, while ETH will become to go-to platform for smart contracts. As their consensus algorithms are distinct, they'll achieve scalability in a unique way.

It is said that XRP is capable of processing over 5,000 TPS (which is a lot superior than ETH's TPS), but with the downside that it's extremely centralized. Hence, people would prefer to use a decentralized cryptocurrency like Ethereum (even if the same is not scalable yet) for better control of their funds. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
August 22, 2018, 06:57:21 PM
Ethereum is the second most popular coin after bitcoin. It has fallen from an ATH of $1500+ and is now in good range to buy for long term holding. With the ethereum platform, you can create smart contracts and new tokens. There are few reliable wallets out there where you can store your ether. Metamask, myetherwallet, Imtoken are some.
Activity: 89
August 22, 2018, 10:30:57 AM
Ripple and Ethereum are one of the most top altcoins in the market, In fact they are the two most leading altcoins, and I think that they have really good projects ongoing but work differently, and so might not be so easy comparing them. I think though, that many people would choose Ethereum as a better choice over ripple and I would agree with them too.
Activity: 182
August 18, 2018, 02:58:43 PM
Don't think so - they are different in their inner technical using. And ethereum is more familiar for people so investors trust this coin and will invest more money in it
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
August 17, 2018, 04:55:02 PM
THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN ETHER AND RIPPLE I THINK ETHER IS TOO BIG TO COMPARE IT TO RIPPLE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INVESTMENT Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: