Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum - page 4. (Read 6266 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
August 17, 2018, 04:46:49 PM
They are not comparable, different platforms. Ethereum is a great opportunity to contract and track payments without intermediaries. Then as Ripple is a protocol for conducting transactions.
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
August 17, 2018, 01:32:12 PM
It's not a fair comparison as Ripple is highly centralized at the moment but they most likely will focus on partnerships now that lawsuit is decided in their favor.
XRPreceived a lawsuit stating that the company uses dishonest and illegal tactics for tricking investors and controlling the price of XRP.

Ryan Coffey, an XRP investor, had filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs Inc earlier this year in May after allegedly suffering losses instead of gains on his investment. He led an entire group of upset investors to file the lawsuit against the company on May 3.

He issued “Order Denying Motion to Remand,” to ensure that the case doesn’t advance to Federal levels and instead remains in the lower courts of California. After suffering losses due to a bad investment, Ryan went ahead and demanded compensation for the financial losses he had faced due to Ripple Labs Inc. When he didn’t receive any compensation, he accused the company of manipulating XRP’s price to make profits and for damaging XRP investors.

Ryan said that the company promoted XRP through the media while using the media to make XRP prices rise and fall simultaneously. He accused XRP of being a security, and the company of ignoring the California Corporations Code regarding the securities laws.

The lawsuit also accused Ripple’s CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, to mislead investors by falsely explaining how his company’s products are being used. Finally, Ryan accused XRP of violating federal laws regarding securities and of not being decentralized.

True. Due to Ripple being centralized, it has the risk of facing lawsuits and/or other regulations within its country of origin. Investors would quickly claim the Ripple company for lost funds, since after all, it has promoted XRP as its internal asset. The large number of XRP held by the company, explains everything. XRP could be classified as a security by the US SEC regulatory framework, which could face serious consequences if the company doesn't register its asset as such.

That's what you get when dealing with a centralized system, although I'd have to admit that there are better protections and regulations for investors when dealing with a centralized cryptocurrency like XRP, than decentralized ones like Ethereum. For this and many reasons, we cannot compare ETH directly from XRP, as they're completely different worlds.

Nobody owns or controls Ethereum, and anyone can gain access to it without restrictions. XRP's consensus algorithm is ruled by validators that are approved by the Ripple company itself. This means that XRP is a permissioned system (centralized) rather than a permission-less system (decentralized) such as Ethereum. XRP could rise over time as an asset used widely by banks, by it may not succeed as a "cryptocurrency" for the people to enjoy. There will be a great distinction between XRP and the rest of cryptocurrencies in the market within the future.

Therefore, it's highly probable that Ethereum will stay ahead of XRP in market cap, and popularity for quite a long time. Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 06:11:32 PM
I don't think the ripple can compete with Ethereum. Ethereum is in too good a position.
Activity: 228
August 16, 2018, 06:10:28 PM
Ripple I think quite a good digital currency, and in the market it is in great demand,but as for competition with Ethereum, I think it's too early to talk about it.While the Ether eclipses Ripple.But think in soon the situation can change.
Activity: 90
August 16, 2018, 02:04:57 PM
It's not a fair comparison as Ripple is highly centralized at the moment but they most likely will focus on partnerships now that lawsuit is decided in their favor.
XRPreceived a lawsuit stating that the company uses dishonest and illegal tactics for tricking investors and controlling the price of XRP.

Ryan Coffey, an XRP investor, had filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs Inc earlier this year in May after allegedly suffering losses instead of gains on his investment. He led an entire group of upset investors to file the lawsuit against the company on May 3.

He issued “Order Denying Motion to Remand,” to ensure that the case doesn’t advance to Federal levels and instead remains in the lower courts of California. After suffering losses due to a bad investment, Ryan went ahead and demanded compensation for the financial losses he had faced due to Ripple Labs Inc. When he didn’t receive any compensation, he accused the company of manipulating XRP’s price to make profits and for damaging XRP investors.

Ryan said that the company promoted XRP through the media while using the media to make XRP prices rise and fall simultaneously. He accused XRP of being a security, and the company of ignoring the California Corporations Code regarding the securities laws.

The lawsuit also accused Ripple’s CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, to mislead investors by falsely explaining how his company’s products are being used. Finally, Ryan accused XRP of violating federal laws regarding securities and of not being decentralized.
Activity: 64
August 16, 2018, 02:02:34 PM
ETH has a lot of problems for its network, although it has a good platform, XRP has advantages if we talk about the tx confirmation rate, and it is much cheaper for new investors, but eth is more Mature than XRP, I will still choose ETH over XRP because it is not centralized like XRP.
Activity: 885
Merit: 112
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 16, 2018, 01:56:14 PM
I am sure that I like Eth more than Ripple like other participants do. Ripple is not promising enough and Eth is too reliable for me than other altcoins.

Oh really! I like ripple also. Ripple is so much good coin for holding a long time, it need less money. but ethereum invest more money but more risky. Market of ethereum decrease day by day.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 16, 2018, 01:52:05 PM
I believe in eth. Because behind this extreme eth potential can grow sharply in the future and by the end of the year the price will rise higher than 2017 even though eth is down below $ 200 but I still believe and expect ripple and only is a bubble coin

Same. I don't think that XRP will get that far, by only making partnerships with Banks but not delivering real uses to the mainstream world. Ethereum has all the chances of winning in the long term, because it will be highly demanded for dApps and Tokens over time. The market for Ethereum is quite huge, as startups, companies, businesses, and even individuals become interested in its technology. With greater flexibility and features than XRP, I believe that ETH will stay on top of XRP for years to come.

There's one thing though, that XRP has on its side and that is unmatched speeds and transaction costs. This may be probably because of the centralized nature of XRP, but it's somewhat an advantage for daily transactions made on XRP than Ethereum itself. The latter is clogged right now, but with the implementation of good scalability techniques, it could become bigger than ever.

Nevertheless, Ethereum will be in the eyes of many cryptocurrency enthusiasts (due to its decentralized nature), while XRP will be the coin for Banks. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
August 15, 2018, 07:09:39 PM
In my belief, Ethereum is a better option because it is  used to make other tokens, which  are all based on the same blockchain so it’s easy to transfer them from one to the other. The network is highly collaborative and used for various purposes.

Yes sir! With Ethereum, you get access to a wealth of tokens available across the market. Using the same ETH wallet, you can send/receive hundreds of tokens without having to create a unique public/private key for every one of them. This is a key advantage, in my opinion, since people can easily interact with tokens without the extra effort. But, that's not possible with Ripple since it's highly centralized, it's not Turing complete, and only works for making payments at a global scale.

Ripple may have unmatched speeds and costs, but it's inferior to Ethereum because it's centralized. On top of that, Ethereum is more advanced than XRP with features that allows it to be used for more than just a cryptocurrency. It can be used for gaming (CryptoKitties), decentralized exchanges (EtherDelta), and more. Therefore, I think that Ethereum as a platform has many chances of survival than Ripple itself. Grin
Activity: 59
August 14, 2018, 07:49:34 AM
i think that ripple is better than ethereum, but ripple is more centralised than ethereum
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 07:31:54 AM
I believe in eth. Because behind this extreme eth potential can grow sharply in the future and by the end of the year the price will rise higher than 2017 even though eth is down below $ 200 but I still believe and expect ripple and only is a bubble coin
Activity: 157
Merit: 1
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
August 14, 2018, 07:10:40 AM
I am sure that I like Eth more than Ripple like other participants do. Ripple is not promising enough and Eth is too reliable for me than other altcoins.
Activity: 56
August 14, 2018, 04:13:34 AM
I think Waves is still very far from Etherium. Almost all new projects use the ERC-20 platform, and Waves is used very rarely.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
August 14, 2018, 04:05:10 AM
I think both of these coins are worth investing in. I personally did, and I think they both make you a pretty good profit.

I would diversify my investments in both of these coins. But you should never invest any amount you cannot afford to lose  and make sure you have an understanding of any company you are going to invest.
Activity: 504
August 14, 2018, 03:12:20 AM
Ripple is too young and little popular to create a normal competition for the Etherium. The project has a strong team and I hope in the future the project will show itself.
Well, it is quite difficult to compare them as they are two very different coins and they are used for different purposes. But in general, I think Ethereum is better as it can be mined, while Ripple cannot be mined.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
August 13, 2018, 02:44:44 PM
Ripple is one of the few crypto-currencies that was created not on the basis of technology blocking, but on the technology of special payment gateways - RPCA
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
August 13, 2018, 02:11:04 PM
Ethereum is almost superior in every aspect to ripple, they have a platform that helps users to create their own tokens and build their own community and the platform is also decentralized compared to ripple that its controlled by a institution.

In my belief, Ethereum is a better option because it is  used to make other tokens, which  are all based on the same blockchain so it’s easy to transfer them from one to the other. The network is highly collaborative and used for various purposes.
Activity: 168
August 13, 2018, 01:45:56 PM
I support the ethereum. Because I think that it is he who has great prospects for growth in the future. He has great opportunities, he is very multi-functional and very popular.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 01:40:46 PM
My main question around XRP is - why do we think banks even want to do transfers faster or cheaper? Financial Services is notoriously risk averse so they're not going to just install brand new infrastructure that will have significant (potentially adverse impacts) to its regulatory compliance efforts without a significant return on investment. Think about the cost to install, administrative cost (this is an entirely new technology they'll need to retrain or hire competent admins), cost of complexity - now all your key controls for financial reporting need to be updated or re-written entirely to be tested (this is exponentially costly depending on the size of the bank). Currently, they pass the existing costs onto consumers and they will continue to do that until the end of time.
Activity: 152
August 11, 2018, 05:00:47 AM
I think both of them are good, but the technology from ethereum is really innovative still, while ripple is also considered to be way too centralized to be even be considered a cryptocurrency, I would stick to ethereum though.
I think that there’s hardly a definite answer. They two are meant to be used for different things and appeal to very different communities, to put it as simply as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: