Pages:
Author

Topic: Run up to $1000 - page 3. (Read 5000 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2014, 11:38:00 AM
This new run up to $1,000 is going to happen real freaking fast.  At what price are you going to get in?  

Haha, if we would know that it will go that much up we would buy right now  Grin
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
April 15, 2014, 10:30:06 AM
Ten Thousand Dollars this year!

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
April 15, 2014, 10:18:40 AM
This new run up to $1,000 is going to happen real freaking fast.  At what price are you going to get in?  

Why such a big hurry?
Slow and steady is healthier and more sustainable.

Yes, but RawDog can't wait to sell everything exactly at the top. He has to move on to other opportunities asap.
Time is money you know... Grin

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 14, 2014, 09:21:14 PM

Why such a big hurry?
Slow and steady is healthier and more sustainable.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
April 14, 2014, 07:28:53 PM
Tomorrow China will ban Bitcoin for sure and the price will fall very fast, very low.

It is already "tommorow" in China.  Wink  Still waiting for news. . .
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
April 14, 2014, 07:25:16 PM
What tells you it's gonna happen fast?

everyone and their aunt have been waiting on their sidelines to catch the bottom, everyone convinced they are smarter than the next. like some huge game of chicken. these people *want* to buy. they are frightened. their fear just needs an outlet, right now they are afraid that they are catching a knife, but that will quickly change to the terror of missing the boat.

every move ever is made of that.

This. Once the greed of "man I could have bought at 350 yesterday" will be overtaken by fear of "oh my god I may miss this train completely" people start making hasty buy decisions, followed by hasty sell decisions when it turns around on a 5-minute candle, rinse repeat, because human emotions are the shortest route to poverty.

sgbett, does not it feel nice being a hodler and watching the things you've experienced twice already unfold on unsuspecting newbies? So much fun Smiley

It IS a lot of fun, honestly.  All these newbs coming on here thinking they know everything.

Ahhh, but we were newbs just a year ago.  We need to have some compassion.  Wink  I guess the only thing I can say is that we tried to learn from others mistakes and instead of panic selling just held on through the ups and downs.  I can honestly say I am very thankful we have done that!  Now we just calmly buy when we hit lows like a couple days ago.  It is still a bit depressing when the price drops but I am not too worried about it.

The fear of "missing the boat" actually has some truth to it.  Newbies would be better off just buying now.  We might drop a little, but this is about as low as it is going to get before the next big "bubble" "pump" "ATH" or whatever you want to call it. Wink
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
April 14, 2014, 07:07:33 PM
What tells you it's gonna happen fast?

everyone and their aunt have been waiting on their sidelines to catch the bottom, everyone convinced they are smarter than the next. like some huge game of chicken. these people *want* to buy. they are frightened. their fear just needs an outlet, right now they are afraid that they are catching a knife, but that will quickly change to the terror of missing the boat.

every move ever is made of that.

This. Once the greed of "man I could have bought at 350 yesterday" will be overtaken by fear of "oh my god I may miss this train completely" people start making hasty buy decisions, followed by hasty sell decisions when it turns around on a 5-minute candle, rinse repeat, because human emotions are the shortest route to poverty.

sgbett, does not it feel nice being a hodler and watching the things you've experienced twice already unfold on unsuspecting newbies? So much fun Smiley

It IS a lot of fun, honestly.  All these newbs coming on here thinking they know everything.
legendary
April 14, 2014, 03:21:08 PM
Looks like the run has come to a grinding halt at $460...

A new 24 hour high was made just ~1 hour ago.
$490 to $600 will be more of a grind, but today's rally probably isn't over yet.
Activity: 448
April 14, 2014, 02:52:12 PM
Looks like the run has come to a grinding halt at $460...
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 14, 2014, 02:46:12 PM
the difference is this time around most of us dont have hundreds or thousands of btc laying around...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
April 14, 2014, 02:44:40 PM
Mark my words, there is going to be a very very heavy resistance at $1,000. Everyone who bought near there last time is going to cash out those coins. When we get towards 1k i wouldn't be surprised to see a quick correction back down towards the $800 range.
That is one possibility, another is that the media catches on bitcoin's resurgence to 1k, making headlines, driving more speculators and investors into the game... and up is the only way.

Bingo. I don't think the estimates of the next ATH being $10,000+ are too unrealistic.

Last January when BTC was at $13, I thought that the people shouting $100 were actually mentally insane. Amazing how perspective changes!

Exactly.
When BTC broke above $32 I thought there would be much more resistance at ~$75.
Last year was crazy....What will happen this year?  Smiley

$340/$13*$1100 = $28769 The new top Cool
legendary
April 14, 2014, 02:40:41 PM
Mark my words, there is going to be a very very heavy resistance at $1,000. Everyone who bought near there last time is going to cash out those coins. When we get towards 1k i wouldn't be surprised to see a quick correction back down towards the $800 range.
That is one possibility, another is that the media catches on bitcoin's resurgence to 1k, making headlines, driving more speculators and investors into the game... and up is the only way.

Bingo. I don't think the estimates of the next ATH being $10,000+ are too unrealistic.

Last January when BTC was at $13, I thought that the people shouting $100 were actually mentally insane. Amazing how perspective changes!

Exactly.
When BTC broke above $32 I thought there would be much more resistance at ~$75.
Last year was crazy....What will happen this year?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790
Shitcoin Minimalist
April 14, 2014, 02:27:22 PM

It's been a hell of ride!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 14, 2014, 02:27:19 PM

This is probably right, but that certainly does not mean that it won't re-correct shortly and head to $2000+. As for me, I'm not taking the chance of selling at $1000, when $2000-5000 is right around the corner.
Activity: 342
April 14, 2014, 02:27:05 PM

I see what you're saying but I think we should put some things into perspective. Last January bitcoin was for the most part completely unregulated, the IRS didn't care about it, China was free to do what they wanted and everything about bitcoin was super bullish. Then shit started to hit the fan with Gox and everything came crashing down from then on. For bitcoin to hit 1k again we'd obviously need some bullish news, but for it to exceed 1,000 we'd need something major to happen. I'd say the combination of the winklvoss ETF being approved, a lot of major VC moving in and China recalling their "restrictions" (which i'm not sure anyone even knows for sure what those are). That might be enough to break 1,000.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
April 14, 2014, 02:17:30 PM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 14, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

I wonder. For it to bust $1000 again it would require new buyers and fresh excitement. If it broke that barrier explosively then the psychology might change.

If you're feeling like a bag holder right now you might either be sucked into a new round of excitement yourself or be feeding a new buying frenzy.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790
Shitcoin Minimalist
April 14, 2014, 02:12:04 PM

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 14, 2014, 02:08:40 PM
Activity: 342
April 14, 2014, 02:01:03 PM
Pages:
Jump to: