Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia 2018, another turning-point to the Crypto-community? - page 5. (Read 1452 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
It sure could be but I doubt any real rise will come of it. Maybe some people will use cryptos but I doubt it will cause a huge flair in crypto usage. I think the Olympics would be a better suited venue to increase awareness.
I also think that the impact might not be so pronounced except FIFA makes an official declaration for the adoption of Bitcoin or if the community was proactive in coming up with ways to incentivized the buying of tickets, food, accommodation, etc with Bitcoin.
Activity: 171
Merit: 0
Russia, as we all know, is one of the prominent countries that accepts the use of cryptocurrencies. For this reason, many hotels, restaurants, bars, night clubs, camping sites, tourists sites etc, will definitely make bitcoin a means of payment.

Why do you think so? In Russia there is not yet a wide application of crypto-currency, and the laws on the crypt are still being adopted. The FIFA World Cup is a massive event attracting a lot of tourists. There are many interesting attractions  In Russia that are worth seeing in addition to the World Cup. To my mind this event will not affect the development of the crypto currency.
Activity: 326
Merit: 104
Santa Coin
It sure could be but I doubt any real rise will come of it. Maybe some people will use cryptos but I doubt it will cause a huge flair in crypto usage. I think the Olympics would be a better suited venue to increase awareness.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
Yeah this feels so good. I hope the astor game project would come and ready for this since the project was focus on fifa world cup and they are announcing it in their official telegram that they should be getting ready for it. The project focuses on utilizing their tokens for betting. Well it could be good somehow even if you had a good token utilization but you need to consider also wallet exchange and that i think KONIOS can provide. I love this project since it has a good rating in the ICO BENCH mark.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Russia, as we all know, is one of the prominent countries that accepts the use of cryptocurrencies.

No, it's nowhere near that status.

For this reason, many hotels, restaurants, bars, night clubs, camping sites, tourists sites etc, will definitely make bitcoin a means of payment.

Assumptions...
https://i.imgur.com/wwJhI0n.png

So, could Russia 2018 be an opportunity for cryptocurrencies to spread further far and wide? Could this be an opportunity for cryptocurrency to be made known to those who currently have no idea?
And could this be considered as another turning point to the crypto-community?

Unfortunately, no, no and no.
A lot of people expected something from the Olympics in Rio, a lot from the EURO 2016, yet...nothing happened.

Events like this are not going to affect the price anymore. Those are not the times of a Nascar and Superbowl ads.

Activity: 12
Merit: 1
I have always harbored the feeling that this event will make crypto more popular and take it to another level. The only thing that we wish for is for the event to move on smoothly without any hindrance because we now live in a world where there are a lot of threats from other countries. People will definitely run out of cash due to certain reasons, and others will prefer a digital form of money as compared to physical cash due to security reasons. This i think will make cryptos popular in Russia for this event.
I totally agree with your point about security issues being a main threat to this event. Things of that sort are usually unpredictable. But you would also agree with me that this is a global event and Russia will not take it lightly because it can easily dent the reputation of the country should this happen. Their military system is not weak and we all know that. So i think they would have started preparing for this event as long as you and i can imagine. But all the same, anything can always happen. So lets just hope and pray that the event moves on smoothly.
Activity: 73
Yes I am also of the opinion as expressed by you.  FIFA is big event and that too in country like Russia where crypto currency is accepted will boost the currency of bitcoin.  Prices will also effected may be upwards.
Activity: 98
Come 14th June 2018, the world's biggest sporting event, the FIFA World Cup, will kick off in Russia. People from all walks of life will travel to Russia to witness this unique event. To some, this is an opportunity to be there, irrespective of whether their country has qualified or not.
Russia, as we all know, is one of the prominent countries that accepts the use of cryptocurrencies. For this reason, many hotels, restaurants, bars, night clubs, camping sites, tourists sites etc, will definitely make bitcoin a means of payment.
So, could Russia 2018 be an opportunity for cryptocurrencies to spread further far and wide? Could this be an opportunity for cryptocurrency to be made known to those who currently have no idea?

wwooow of course it do, that's great news
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I have always harbored the feeling that this event will make crypto more popular and take it to another level. The only thing that we wish for is for the event to move on smoothly without any hindrance because we now live in a world where there are a lot of threats from other countries. People will definitely run out of cash due to certain reasons, and others will prefer a digital form of money as compared to physical cash due to security reasons. This i think will make cryptos popular in Russia for this event.
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
Come 14th June 2018, the world's biggest sporting event, the FIFA World Cup, will kick off in Russia. People from all walks of life will travel to Russia to witness this unique event. To some, this is an opportunity to be there, irrespective of whether their country has qualified or not.
Pages:
Jump to: