Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia Plans Bitcoin Ban by 2015 - page 2. (Read 3755 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
October 14, 2014, 11:19:11 AM
Yey! no russians in bitcoin forums.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
October 08, 2014, 09:50:51 PM
Russia tends to give hasty decision. So, yeah I believe that.
Activity: 107
October 06, 2014, 07:29:09 AM
before banned allow me to search for and sell as many of her Cheesy

lol... How much btc do you have now?
Activity: 1
September 25, 2014, 07:42:14 AM
before banned allow me to search for and sell as many of her Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
September 25, 2014, 07:30:35 AM
This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin. They like to keep a very tight control over their economy and people. It is just the culture of government. I would not consider this to be FUD.
Does it even really matter? How many people could be using bitcoin in Russia circa?

Russia is involved in bitcoins pretty greatly...
No they are not.

No idea why China isn't in the top 5 ...

Same as above.
See https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/

Also see:
https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin

Bitcoin is mainly western europe and de US.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
September 25, 2014, 07:02:24 AM
interesting to see how it plays out:

Kryptoradio transmits Bitcoins via Digita’s TV network Broadcast data will include Bitcoin transactions, blocks and exchange rates

http://kryptoradio.koodilehto.fi/2014/09/02/press-release-kryptoradio-transmits-bitcoins-via-digitas-tv-network.html

hard to block  Tongue
Activity: 75
Fearless, except for those who are fearless
September 25, 2014, 06:23:31 AM
The way the technology is designed, Bitcoin cannot be banned or censored.
Just like drugs.
They could make laws to throw you in jail when you own bitcoins
You see they already do the same with torrents, when you share files which are copyright protected.

Bitcoin is natively not that anonymous.
Also, when the majority of the people think bitcoin is bad because it made the current economic system collapse, it will not succeed.

I don't care, I'm a permabull for life.
I'll die with bitcoins in possession, no matter what.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
September 25, 2014, 05:42:58 AM
In Soviet Russia, Bitcoin spend you!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ROTFL  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Although bitcoin cannot be blocked, Russians may not want to invest in it due to the fact that it's banned. The fear of future prosecution may convince Russians to cash out.

I agree. Maybe the only one who continue to use it will be the organized crimes, terrorists & other people who have no choice other than breaking the law to move, transfer or clean their money. Ordinary folks may cash out to avoid nuisances & fines.
Activity: 97
September 25, 2014, 05:30:11 AM
Although bitcoin cannot be blocked, Russians may not want to invest in it due to the fact that it's banned. The fear of future prosecution may convince Russians to cash out.
Activity: 35
September 25, 2014, 03:09:55 AM
Ok so us minus the Russians. That is not bad at all.  Grin
Activity: 13
September 21, 2014, 03:38:39 PM
Russia = One step backwards, two steps back.

It's okay, soon they'll do a complete 360 turn in their policies and carry on going backwards
Activity: 50
September 18, 2014, 07:19:35 AM
I don't believe this until I see at least six confirmations... Grin

Even if true, it won't have much impact, because it can't be enforced. People in Russia are well trained in circumventing stupid laws.

If Russian government is smart, they would promote Bitcoin as trade currency to crush the US dollar dominance once and for all.

ya.ya.yo!

It is true. Russia will ban bitcoin, there's no doubt about it.

Russian government is smart when it comes to stealing money and preserving their power. They don't really care about anything else.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
September 17, 2014, 07:51:53 PM
I don't believe this until I see at least six confirmations... Grin

Even if true, it won't have much impact, because it can't be enforced. People in Russia are well trained in circumventing stupid laws.

If Russian government is smart, they would promote Bitcoin as trade currency to crush the US dollar dominance once and for all.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
September 17, 2014, 07:24:42 PM
Bring on the summary executions, then.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
September 17, 2014, 05:24:54 PM
The way the technology is designed, Bitcoin cannot be banned or censored.
Activity: 50
September 17, 2014, 04:27:40 PM
This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin. They like to keep a very tight control over their economy and people. It is just the culture of government. I would not consider this to be FUD.
Does it even really matter? How many people could be using bitcoin in Russia circa?

Russia is involved in bitcoins pretty greatly.
Just look at alexa stats for bitcointalk
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org

No idea why China isn't in the top 5 but you may be sure that russians are the forth largest nation that uses bitcoins
And if they'll start dumping bitcoins it will considerably hurt the price
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
September 17, 2014, 04:21:57 PM
For some reason this sounds like old news, even though this particular article is new.

It seems like Russia is always banning Bitcoin.  I honestly thought it was banned already by them a couple times already.

Not sure how they can completely ban it or enforce this.  Do they have a country wide firewall like China does?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 17, 2014, 04:00:12 PM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 502
September 17, 2014, 03:06:14 PM
Unless you are a purchaser of Oil, or a derivative of oil this will not effect bitcoins. Russia does not really sell anything people with bitcoins want. Thus no problem for us. they are just extremely jealous Bitcoins is worth a WHOOOOLEEEE lot more than their own money. They also have no way to control it.  As far as Russian people go they will still be mining and selling bitcoins you can bet on that.
Activity: 11
September 17, 2014, 09:52:53 AM
Russia = One step backwards, two steps back.
Pages:
Jump to: