Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia Plans Bitcoin Ban by 2015 - page 3. (Read 3755 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
September 16, 2014, 06:38:25 AM
Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin.

in my life, i only use USD, YEN ... and EURO.
somes people can tell me what it the benefict of the rouble ? Oh yes ... it's crash every 10 years ...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 16, 2014, 06:26:38 AM
Keep hearing this yet still nothing, so I will wait until it finally happens. I don't see it being a problem for bitcoin though as I am sure they will find a way around it if they really do want to use it there despite a ban.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Calling out scams, one HYIP at a time...
September 16, 2014, 01:58:41 AM
In Soviet Russia, Bitcoin spend you!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 16, 2014, 01:43:05 AM
It will likely have a positive affect for Bitcoin but likely not right away if at all.  Bitcoin is here and from what I can tell it's not going to go anywhere and people will be made aware of it and be more interested why it is being banned.  Bitcoin has proven to be reliable so people will have no reason not to use it especially if the have a use for It. 
I think a more likely scenario is that Russia is unable to enforce this ban and people will use it anyway. There will likely be a lot of "black market" trade in Russia done in bitcoin
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 16, 2014, 01:19:58 AM
It will likely have a positive affect for Bitcoin but likely not right away if at all.  Bitcoin is here and from what I can tell it's not going to go anywhere and people will be made aware of it and be more interested why it is being banned.  Bitcoin has proven to be reliable so people will have no reason not to use it especially if the have a use for It. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 16, 2014, 01:12:55 AM
I have not been paying such close attention to Russia, but I thought that they already basically banned BTC months ago?   Huh
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 16, 2014, 12:46:43 AM
This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin. They like to keep a very tight control over their economy and people. It is just the culture of government. I would not consider this to be FUD.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 16, 2014, 12:36:02 AM
We don't need Russia, China, or Ecuadar. Bitcoin will survive and thrive, even if Antarctica is the only place left!
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
September 15, 2014, 10:23:53 PM
Doesnt matter.. As long as china accepts bitcoin.. Then were okay
Activity: 434
September 14, 2014, 08:38:42 AM
This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1027
September 14, 2014, 08:36:19 AM
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 14, 2014, 08:31:25 AM
more states will ban btc, btc will doom to hell.

Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
September 14, 2014, 08:12:51 AM
I am hearing this rumor for months now, don't believe until done. Cool Cool
Activity: 378
September 14, 2014, 07:45:34 AM
How will this effect Bitcoin? will probably be even more popular in Russia than it already is (I never hear anything out of Russia regarding Cryptos)

Possibly drive all their developers to market elsewhere (their loss)

How will this effect me? I'll get a good chuckle out of it when they reverse it.
Activity: 299
September 14, 2014, 06:20:21 AM
According to leading Russian news organization Russia Today (RT), Russia will pass a Bitcoin ban within the next year, and it could happen as soon as the current parliament session.

Deputy Finance Minister Aleksey Moiseev told journalists in Moscow:  “We will discuss this law in the current session of parliament, and possibly even pass it then, or at the very latest by spring next year. We are currently dealing with comments from the law enforcement agencies, about the specifics of legal measures, and we will take their remarks into account. But the overall concept of the law is set in stone.”

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/russia-plans-bitcoin-ban-2015/

How will this affect Bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: