Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia starting ‘CryptoRuble’ !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - page 5. (Read 4499 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111
I'm suspicious with cryptocurrencies issued by governmentals. I can imagine this will benefit Putin's inner circle allot.
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Russia will issue its own ‘CryptoRuble’ decided in closed door meeting in Moscow, according to the local news sources. So, what is these so called 'cryptoRuble' ?  Does anybody have an idea? what about the other cryptos in Russia? Is it starting to follow China?

And why we need some government coin? From what I read, they will NOT allow ordinary people to mine it and will have strict circulation. China is also considering doing the same.

They are NOT doing it to legalize cryptos, they are doing it to have another asset.
Activity: 77
Merit: 13
I think the purpose of cryptocurrencies is decentralization. If states (eg.Russia, China, Estonia) are trying to take out their own cryptocurrency, why not just use their current fiat?
Activity: 238
Merit: 105
Sounds kinda stupid, maybe they're just looking to test blockchain technology within a centralized environment.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I think they understood that it's better to create own cryptocurrency which they will regulate, as more and more people start using BTC and ALTs for there investments.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org
I am suspicious of what they call "Cryptoruble" whether they will deliberately create "CryptoRuble" to fight Cripto or Bitcoin that has been circulating so they can control it,  Huh
hopefully will come out an official statement from the Russian government..
Activity: 1204
Merit: 100
I heard about that , i don't know if it's a good thing for the cryptocurency i hope it will not reflect negatively  Sad.
Merit: 104
government made coins are not interesting
the one are interesting are coins that countries will want to have control on, so they will buy secretly
early investors always win
and i am talking about ADA
its very important protocol, and as soon as they relize it, they will buy big amounts
Activity: 210
I think Russia will follow more the concept of Japan rather than China in terms of why they will create the cryptoruble it is to me that cryptoruble is the same idea what Japan is doing in their own digital currency. The Japan digital currency is called J-coin, the similarity of these two digital currency is that it will be the same value as their own national money. But, the purpose of all government in the world is all similar that is to have the control.
Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform
The idea of a government backed digital currency based on blockchain technology is interesting. I think this is the form money will take in the future, at least in more developed countries. When the transaction costs are low enough for this to be worth it the government will definitely switch to it. To have every transaction logged like that is a great source of power, which I bet any clever government would want to have. Also they can help avoid financial crisis, unlike in a decentralized market where it's all demand and supply. If digital currency is to take over for cash we still need a regulatory system, or else it's gonna go bust.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Russia will issue its own ‘CryptoRuble’ decided in closed door meeting in Moscow, according to the local news sources. So, what is these so called 'cryptoRuble' ?  Does anybody have an idea? what about the other cryptos in Russia? Is it starting to follow China?
Another question is that Russia banned crypto related exchanges is one of the rumors spread around, is it true? Let's say crypto rubble is official and is introduced in Russia. How will it be traded? Like will it be listed on all exchanges or only Russian exchanges, and what kind of regulations would be applied to it? All of this sounds confusing at the moment. Let's wait and watch to see what remains to be a rumor and turns out to be a real fact.
Activity: 140
Where can we buy this cryptoruble? Did they announce anything yet? Is there a release date for it?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I believe it when I see it. I guess best case we'll see a government backed, Ruble version of USDT. Worst case it's going to be a Russian version of Microsoft Points.

Either way it will be interesting to see if and how they plan on allowing international CryptoRuble trade.

Well, first it is going to be better than USDT.
Anything is better than a coin running on fractional reserve by god knows who...

It's going to be a coin that will have the same value as a ruble, fixed value, issued by the central bank, non-minable and who knows how the wallets and  acquiring coins  will work.
Probably there are going to be also unique addresses by user and you will have to identify yourself before creating a wallet.
I doubt they would allow any kind of anonymous usage.
So transfers might only be allowed between known addresses (and persons).

Activity: 574
Merit: 139
In Russia, the Crypto-currency is not developed. And I do not think that this idea will be realized. It seems to me that these are just rumors. For me, the national currency is a very bad idea. Crypto currency should be decentralized
I have the same opinion on this one. National crypto wouldn't be different than national currency, i mean, only difference will be it is crypto, not paper money.
Whoever is going to use it should be prepared for taxes and lots of proving from where did that crypto came from.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546

Maybe they want to follow China or just a coincidence. I think CryptoRuble is their own crypto currency. Maybe similar to bond that is being issued by the government.

Yes, sounds like it is official. The Kremlin has approved their one crypto-currency. The CryptoRuble will be a non-mineable altcoin, but it will be based on Blockchain technology. The idea of the Russian government, certainly, is to impulsionate the online market business, but being independent from foreigners
markets and exchanges. Is also a way of controlling the digital coin and avoid fraud and money laundering.   

This will be centralized for sure. Russia been paranoid lately about crypto. Maybe they will turn like China did. At the very end, they need to control everything so China decided to ban bitcoin ICO and closes exchanges. Russia on the other hand, don' want to wait for that situation. They don't want to threaten by crypto so they decided to put up their own coin to avoid scam and money laundering as well.
Activity: 96
I accept XBY/XFUEL
In Russia, the Crypto-currency is not developed. And I do not think that this idea will be realized. It seems to me that these are just rumors. For me, the national currency is a very bad idea. Crypto currency should be decentralized

The banks and governments fear Bitcoin and decentralization - it's that simple  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Appart from the coin having undesirable features (control, centralization and such), I think is not bad news. That will surely bring cryptocurrency awareness and likely be good for all of the crypto world..-
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
I believe it when I see it. I guess best case we'll see a government backed, Ruble version of USDT. Worst case it's going to be a Russian version of Microsoft Points.

Either way it will be interesting to see if and how they plan on allowing international CryptoRuble trade.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
Activity: 420
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Wow, this seems to be official. I think this is a milestone in cryptocurrency. Also, many governments/businesses will follow suit.

Alas. Not what kind of know-how. Just went on the trend of China. In addition, 13% of taxes will be levied, it will not be trashed. All transactions will be tracked. Any transaction from the cryptoruble to the ruble will be blocked, if there is no proof of its official receipt. At the same Bitcoin who did not intend to resolve. This is such a sad song from the government. Believe nothing good will come of it.
Pages:
Jump to: