Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia - Ukraine | War imminent? - page 3. (Read 552 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
February 25, 2022, 12:28:14 AM
As more market uncertainty arises due to the possibility of a war, probably expect more draw-downs across the board(stocks, crypto)

However, it is a curious case that just minutes before Putin gave the order to attack Ukraine, the price of Bitcoin has suddenly leaped high. There was a spike of around $2,000 in the price of Bitcoin even if the Russian attack is getting imminent. So perhaps, on the contrary, it could be argued that a war or a full-scale attack-- which means that banks and ATMs are expected to be non-operational and people would be fleeing-- would somehow increase the demand of Bitcoin as people would definitely find more efficient ways to keep their wealth safe. 
https://i.imgur.com/DZOhO6L.png

Probably, but it's definitely too early to make conclusions. I mean, this recent bump up in price pretty much just covered the flash crash we had yesterday lol. Truth be told — a huge majority of Ukranians will still be attempting to get their money out of the system, rather than rushing onto exchanges to buy bitcoin.

Yes, of course. There are no conclusions here. We're all simply speculating, but based on available facts, of course. As a matter of fact, there is also that possibility that all these price movements of Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto market don't have anything to do with this Russia-Ukraine conflict or war. War has been imminent for the past hours, days, and weeks and yet Bitcoin generally behaves the way it has always been. Perhaps we couldn't even provide conclusive answers to a more fundamental question, will Bitcoin's price significantly react to regional conflict the way the traditional market does?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
February 25, 2022, 12:02:25 AM
As more market uncertainty arises due to the possibility of a war, probably expect more draw-downs across the board(stocks, crypto)

However, it is a curious case that just minutes before Putin gave the order to attack Ukraine, the price of Bitcoin has suddenly leaped high. There was a spike of around $2,000 in the price of Bitcoin even if the Russian attack is getting imminent. So perhaps, on the contrary, it could be argued that a war or a full-scale attack-- which means that banks and ATMs are expected to be non-operational and people would be fleeing-- would somehow increase the demand of Bitcoin as people would definitely find more efficient ways to keep their wealth safe. 
https://i.imgur.com/DZOhO6L.png

Probably, but it's definitely too early to make conclusions. I mean, this recent bump up in price pretty much just covered the flash crash we had yesterday lol. Truth be told — a huge majority of Ukranians will still be attempting to get their money out of the system, rather than rushing onto exchanges to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 24, 2022, 11:41:42 PM
Although we don't want this to happen in our lives, it is happening in a bad way. I've tried to learn about world history and look at conflicts, and there's a lot of things that are being repeated about the economic conflicts of interests of nations, outbreaks of diseases, wars... it's hard to judge who is right and wrong when all sides have their own views, but war is the worst way to make a new beginning  Sad
History has a way to repeat itself, no matter how you try to avoid it, it will still happen. In this one, I am strongly looking upto Biden to be more hard on Russia to seize fire. I listened to him imposing some financial related restrictions on Russia, but I think it is not enough to stop Putin and his men.
Putin does not have much regard to Biden, but he should understand that Biden is different from America. While Biden is an individual, America is a nation state.
I do not believe in the actions of the current US presidency, and I myself do not support the behavior that the US and the EU consider magnanimous. In certain ways or sources of information, we approach differently and will have different opinions. Looking at many things about the war to find out why it went badly, we've got a whole bunch of things. Information that cannot be verified. I look at what has happened at this point, and I think Putin will sort things out soon.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
February 24, 2022, 11:09:17 PM

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
February 24, 2022, 10:37:21 PM
Some positive news came out this morning, Putin announced that he has no interest for capturing the Ukraine probably they may free the Russian support states and let the remaining on their own and also US said no military aid for Ukraine so we may see an end soon and hope many lives will be saved. Along with this news the price of Bitcoin and gold started to shoot up a little bit.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
February 24, 2022, 08:41:30 PM
I live in Ukraine. According to the news, at 4:30 am today, Putin gave the order to attack Ukraine. The attack took place on the side of the Russian border, as well as on the side of the Belarusian border. Explosions are shown in different cities of Ukraine, as well as Kiev. They hit airports, ammunition depots and other critical infrastructure. The armed forces of Ukraine entered the battle. Let's see what happens next.
We have just heard that a Russian fighter jet has been shot down over Ukraine.

Thank you for busting the FUD that are being spread around the world.  Wink  Can you give us constant updates on the things happening there and how your government are dealing with this? Do you see any foreign troops entering your country... or are this just your own army fighting by themselves?

I hope the rest of the world will do anything in their power to prevent a full scale war, because there are no winners in a war. Also, please give us a bit of background on why Russia is so focused on invading the Ukraine?

May God be with you in these terrible times.   Sad

The explosions are in Donbas, that's outside Ukraine. Donbas is a separate region that declared independence from Ukraine and Russia inhabited by rebels. Putin clear out that part to position, hitting a precise target and once again ask their demands to be heard to stay out of NATO.

It really depends on Zelensky to escalate this. Going Neutral is his very option and Putin will stay back, that's Russia's demand. They didn't even ask Zelensky to step down.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 625
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
February 24, 2022, 04:12:10 PM
Although we don't want this to happen in our lives, it is happening in a bad way. I've tried to learn about world history and look at conflicts, and there's a lot of things that are being repeated about the economic conflicts of interests of nations, outbreaks of diseases, wars... it's hard to judge who is right and wrong when all sides have their own views, but war is the worst way to make a new beginning  Sad
History has a way to repeat itself, no matter how you try to avoid it, it will still happen. In this one, I am strongly looking upto Biden to be more hard on Russia to seize fire. I listened to him imposing some financial related restrictions on Russia, but I think it is not enough to stop Putin and his men.
Putin does not have much regard to Biden, but he should understand that Biden is different from America. While Biden is an individual, America is a nation state.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
February 24, 2022, 11:29:29 AM
The only thing is that they can probably still import most of those from China...
This means that this plan has been made in advance, they want to use diplomatic friendship with China as a springboard to use force to redraw history.  I'm afraid that is the key point that Russia claims not to be afraid of large-scale economic sanctions.  Taking a holistic view of the emergency situation in Ukraine, the eventual consequences will be dire and damaging and recessionary to high inflation.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
February 24, 2022, 11:26:23 AM
Things are getting heated as we speak about the Russia Ukraine conflict. I hope violence shouldn't go to an extent were innocent lives are killed.
Although Russia has declared a fight against Ukraine I hope things settle down soon. May be both parties will come to a mutual understanding.

As for bitcoin, Russia has many BTC holders and may be they are in a state of panic which has caused the selling.
But eventually the dust will settle and we will bitcoin price increasing again. It's just a matter of time.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 24, 2022, 10:58:03 AM
Activity: 2156
Merit: 323
February 24, 2022, 10:53:56 AM
But the news of the imminent war is all over so I told my self that the drop has something to do with this geo-political news.
Obviously that happened.  Right at the moment the news that Putin authorized the special military wave, the entire market quickly reacted to that panic, the 1 and 4 o'clock candles showed mostly liquidation.  Bitcoin has fallen below $35k to its lowest price since the big correction in January but I think bitcoin will be the next key in the economic downturn associated with this absurd war plot.  Some air strikes are probably going on and pray for the innocent people, the trauma, the misery

There were multiple explosions heard in Kyiv and the Eastern part of Ukraine after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a military operation in Ukraine. The only sound I can hear from Kyiv is explosions. I pray for everyone's safety. The world will never see the light of peace as long as there are capitalist colonialists and multicultural colonialists. Is anyone pulling most of their investments from the market as a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Or are you considering this a tragic opportunity to buy more.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
February 24, 2022, 10:46:52 AM
Possibility of a war?
I live in Ukraine and we did not wake up with alarms today but apparently with explosions. The main airports were destroyed and at the same time the government is busy painting signs where the explosions happened. Market have dropped drastically and the price of Bitcoins have been reduced to like 9% ! The oil prices have surged a lot and so did the prices of golf at the same time. Russia is legalizing bitcoins but it feels like people are talking all their money out. The ATM's are all closed and also there is nowhere to take your money out as well. This is going to make the market situations worse not just for the Russians but for everyone else as well.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1267
Lightning network is good with small amount of BTC
February 24, 2022, 10:40:43 AM
We can see the drop in bitcoin price when Ukraine invasion was decleared by Russian president, but I do not think this will have a long term effect on bitcoin price. We should remember how bitcoin price dropped during Covid-19 and how it increased again to over $10500 during covid-19.

The only thing is that they can probably still import most of those from China...
China will really be happy about this, China wants the economic power.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 24, 2022, 07:08:27 AM
But what resources and goods other countries have, that Russia dont have or feel the need?

Well, take a quick look: https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/imports
From machinery, equipment, trucks and cars to clothing, medicines, raw materials (metals) and food.

From school program, I remember that Russian territory has all the resources from periodic table.

I can't tell, the periodic table seems to have widened since I've been learning about it.
Rare metals - do Russia has those? Lithium for batteries - do they have those? I see that even ferous metals are imported big.

They have resources to produce everything. If we start to dream about alternative future, then Russia can isolate themselves from other world and survive or live for a very long period.

They don't have the factories nor the technology to produce absolutely everything they need. And even if they build that up, it may end up worse quality (or look) then the western similar products and also much more expensive.

P.S. I meant that they dont eat cheap gas, but will make it cheap for their people. If no one buys, they will be forced to sell it for a low price for themselves.

It's not feasible. The population's consumption cannot match all they can sell abroad for the industries. They would have to build factories producing stuff off that gas. The fact that they didn't do that in the past many years, it means that it's probably not a good business for them.
Probably it will be more feasible to reduce the production and sell as expensive as they can.
legendary
Merit: 1207
February 24, 2022, 06:53:33 AM
What I don't agree with is that if gas from Russia is no longer accepted, then the Russians would win. Win what? Will they be eating that cheaper gas? Clearly no. So I don't think so.

I am not an expert and far from politics and this might sound controversial. But what resources and goods other countries have, that Russia dont have or feel the need? Except money. Russia got luck with their territory. From school program, I remember that Russian territory has all the resources from periodic table. They have resources to produce everything. If we start to dream about alternative future, then Russia can isolate themselves from other world and survive or live for a very long period.

P.S. I meant that they dont eat cheap gas, but will make it cheap for their people. If no one buys, they will be forced to sell it for a low price for themselves.
legendary
February 24, 2022, 06:42:54 AM
About the gas - does Europe has an alternative source? If I am right, then main gas providers in the world are US, Russia and Qatar. Are there other gas connections for Europe except Russian?

Without Russian gas, Europe will be hit by another crisis. And without export and gas surplus, Russian people will simply get a cheaper gas for themselves, or be in more winning situation.

They claim they have some reserves and also alternative sources - LNG from US, new deals with Qatar (I don't know how it'll be transported), and I also have this rather complicated map: https://mondediplo.com/maps/gas-pipelines
Some European countries do produce gas too.

But is that enough? I also don't think so, hence my point about the future strange politics on the energy side.

What I don't agree with is that if gas from Russia is no longer accepted, then the Russians would win. Win what? Will they be eating that cheaper gas? Clearly no. So I don't think so.
legendary
Merit: 1207
February 24, 2022, 06:32:26 AM
What I don't know is whether Europe will still buy Russian resources (especially gas), especially at the current prices, or will afford to hit Russia where it hurts them the most, especially as European industries also won't be happy without the Russian gas.

About the gas - does Europe has an alternative source? If I am right, then main gas providers in the world are US, Russia and Qatar. Are there other gas connections for Europe except Russian?

Without Russian gas, Europe will be hit by another crisis. And without export and gas surplus, Russian people will simply get a cheaper gas for themselves, or be in more winning situation.

===========

War imminent? As a European, I have already received a booklet "what to do in the case of crisis during first 72h". Military actions on Ukraine territory started today and the booklets were instantly issues. That was quick.
legendary
February 24, 2022, 06:02:29 AM
Well there are news that Russia might circumvent US and West sanctions by going to bitcoin.

Most big international companies won't accept Bitcoin for their goods.
The financial institutions who have lent money to Russia may not accept Bitcoin.
All this should make the Ruble fall greatly, hence each and every Russian will suffer.
Russia still needs money and goods from international markets and that money will become expensive.

What I don't know is whether Europe will still buy Russian resources (especially gas), especially at the current prices, or will afford to hit Russia where it hurts them the most, especially as European industries also won't be happy without the Russian gas.

The politics will be strange on the energy side, and I guess that this is also what Putin is counting on.
I fear that the European green deal was the best help/ammo Putin has gotten for this war...
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
February 24, 2022, 05:49:49 AM
But the news of the imminent war is all over so I told my self that the drop has something to do with this geo-political news.
Obviously that happened.  Right at the moment the news that Putin authorized the special military wave, the entire market quickly reacted to that panic, the 1 and 4 o'clock candles showed mostly liquidation.  Bitcoin has fallen below $35k to its lowest price since the big correction in January but I think bitcoin will be the next key in the economic downturn associated with this absurd war plot.  Some air strikes are probably going on and pray for the innocent people, the trauma, the misery
Activity: 790
Merit: 44
February 24, 2022, 05:48:39 AM
Today i got news from ukraine, i have family living in ukraine, bad news from ukraine government all citizens close to the border must be evacuated.
I suggest my family to go back to india, they also have some crypto assets that have not been sold, this is bad news russia wants to attack ukraine, basically they are brothers, I also see today crypto is going down very fast, I hope this war doesn't get worse for the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: