Pages:
Author

Topic: SATOCHIP The Times Limited Edition HW cards! - page 2. (Read 463 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 140
Hardware and open source software solutions.
December 06, 2023, 10:00:34 AM
Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that we have released the complete collection.

This Bitcointalk forum 14th anniversary edition is a limited edition of 4 Satoshi Nakamoto famous quotes you can find in this forum.
Only 5 cards of each quote has been printed and loaded with the Satochip (hardware wallet) applet. A true collectible!

Serie #1 - SOLD OUT

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.

Shop now

Serie #2

The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work.

Shop now

Serie #3

Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.

Shop now

Serie #4

Why delete a wallet [...]  You should never delete a wallet.

Shop now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a few cards left for series #2, #3 and #4. But hurry up, it won't last long!

Shop now at: https://satochip.io/shop/

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
December 05, 2023, 03:02:20 PM
It's IMPOSSIBLE to use this method for Latin America. Eg: Brazil require some specific papers to import electronics goods. Peru is a nightmare if you don't use tracking services etc...
Kinda same reasons for Africa or some specific countries in Asia. Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.
I didn't know that South America has such a big problems with delivery, even for envelopes, but I did hear about bad postal service in Spain.

I hope this is more clear and again, sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for clarification Tibu!

It would be better if SATOCHIP issued customized cards with these Bitcointalk profiles (which the buyer will choose and indicate), instead of Satochi (as in the picture). When they send out cards by mail, SATOCHIP will know at what address each forum user lives. Great idea to collect a base and lose/steal it to hackers. Cheesy
I don't know who this Satochi guy is, and your ironical comment makes no sense, but I can arrange for special card with your profile name to be created and sent to random user for ''doxing'' purposes.
Since it was possible to purchase this cards directly through website, nobody would know what your forum account was, unless you want to reveal it here.

It doesn’t matter what design is on these cards, what’s important is what’s inside.
Well I guess we have new marketing genius who thinks that designs is not important in life, and I guess you walk the street in dirty old bag  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
December 01, 2023, 11:51:56 PM
It would be better if SATOCHIP issued customized cards with these Bitcointalk profiles (which the buyer will choose and indicate), instead of Satochi (as in the picture). When they send out cards by mail, SATOCHIP will know at what address each forum user lives. Great idea to collect a base and lose/steal it to hackers. Cheesy

There is nothing unusual about these cards. The most common collector's edition. It doesn’t matter what design is on these cards, what’s important is what’s inside.
Activity: 302
Merit: 140
Hardware and open source software solutions.
December 01, 2023, 06:11:06 AM
The shipping fee cost was too high, but I really liked the card, so I proceeded. Tongue Tongue
It's only 10.50 EURO for shipping to the Indonesian region, so it's not too expensive and I can say it's standard.
Well, it is expensive for me, considering that the shipping fee costs 1/3 of the purchasing product. Also, as stated by OP, shipping cost is free for most places that's why. But I completely understand the cost of shipping as we are in different countries. I expected it as this was not my first time. Anyway, I have proceeded with my purchase and happily waiting for it to be shipped.  

Hello guys,

My bad. I said that the shipping was "free" but that's inacurate.
Let me give you an overview...

At Satochip, we try to offer affordable AND secure solution. Our business model includes the shipping costs. Why? Because we think it's a non sense to sell a 25 bucks products and charge an additional 10 bucks for shipping.
How can we achieve that? Simply by sending the product using a small letter... Easy, cheap. With no tracking, no insurance.
Such shipping method works great from Belgium to Europe, the United States and Canada. We have a 95% success rate, with 4% returning due to incorrect address and only 1% lost.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to use this method for Latin America. Eg: Brazil require some specific papers to import electronics goods. Peru is a nightmare if you don't use tracking services etc...
Kinda same reasons for Africa or some specific countries in Asia. Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.

In a resume, the tracking shipping is mandatory (and must be paid by the user) for:
- EU :
--- Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Moldava, Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain and Ukraine
(We had to add Spain to this list because the Spanish postal service sucks. The rate of lost or stolen mail is very high).
- ASIA, AFRICA and SOUTH AMERICA

For the rest of the world, you can chose between free shipping or paid tracking shipping as an option.

I hope this is more clear and again, sorry for the confusion.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 315
November 30, 2023, 09:14:51 AM
The shipping fee cost was too high, but I really liked the card, so I proceeded. Tongue Tongue
It's only 10.50 EURO for shipping to the Indonesian region, so it's not too expensive and I can say it's standard.
Well, it is expensive for me, considering that the shipping fee costs 1/3 of the purchasing product. Also, as stated by OP, shipping cost is free for most places that's why. But I completely understand the cost of shipping as we are in different countries. I expected it as this was not my first time. Anyway, I have proceeded with my purchase and happily waiting for it to be shipped.  
Activity: 294
Merit: 433
HODL - BTC
November 30, 2023, 08:13:02 AM

We are now officially OUT OF STOCK for this Satochip card design, looks like you snatched one of those gems in the last moment Wink

Fortunately... I had placed my order early so I still got to purchase this limited edition satochip card. Grin

This card is really great because I want to have this card as a collection or storage of BTC in the future. Wink

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
November 30, 2023, 04:11:53 AM
Grin Grin HAHA
I had the same thought earlier. That's why I decided immediately so I can secure the remaining piece.
I can't miss this amazing collectible, due to being in a rush, I forgot to add the NFC blocking case to add on my cart which I want to include on my purchase, but anyway, I'm so happy to have the last piece!
OK, now I'm curious as to who's going to get what number whenever they arrive.  Should buyers post pics here if they want, or is that asking for too much anonymity-breaking?  I mean there's only 5 of these things, and I think they've all been scooped up by members in this thread (and thank you again, dkbit98!).
November 30, 2023, 02:20:01 AM
Oh boy that was fast!
We are now officially OUT OF STOCK for this Satochip card design, looks like you snatched one of those gems in the last moment Wink
Lol.  I'd bookmarked the page, just checked it and saw that they were sold out and was going to post that here.  You beat me to it.  I figured it wouldn't take more than a few hours from the time I made my last post until all of them were spoken for.
Grin Grin HAHA
I had the same thought earlier. That's why I decided immediately so I can secure the remaining piece.
I can't miss this amazing collectible, due to being in a rush, I forgot to add the NFC blocking case to add on my cart which I want to include on my purchase, but anyway, I'm so happy to have the last piece!
legendary
November 30, 2023, 01:39:02 AM
I am sure this cards will be much more valuable in aftermarket soon Wink
For forum fans, I'd have to agree--but I guess we'll see if any of the five go up for sale anywhere.  I still can't believe only five of these were made.  Even most limited edition silver coins (which you can't mint an unlimited number of, unlike a Satochip) have runs in the hundreds or thousands.  I really wonder who made that decision and why.

Oh boy that was fast!
Lol.  I'd bookmarked the page, just checked it and saw that they were sold out and was going to post that here.  You beat me to it.  I figured it wouldn't take more than a few hours from the time I made my last post until all of them were spoken for.

Does anyone know of a good protective sleeve or case to store a Satochip in?  Those Ballet wallets come with a hard plastic case which is really nice, but I don't happen to have one to spare.

Edit: Oh, I guess there's that NFC-blocking sleeve I just noticed, but I'm looking for something more along the lines of that Ballet case.
legendary
Cashback 15%
November 29, 2023, 07:05:08 PM
ordered mine - looks like 2 remain.
Nice.
I am interested to hear your impressions when you receive the card.

There are only 5 cards being made?  That seems like an incredibly limited edition.  And yeah OP, I know you said the number but I'm just voicing my thoughts out loud here.  Wouldn't they want to make more?
Correct.
I am sure this cards will be much more valuable in aftermarket soon Wink
You know that people are waiting in line to buy new Rolex watches right?
That is because of limited number of watches produced, and people are willing to pay anything.
Consider this limited cards as Rolex hardware wallet cards Wink

I ordered mine - I've tried to look for a voucher/coupon to apply, or at least get a discount. However, I could not find any. LOL.
Oh boy that was fast!

I am not sure about your location, but guys from Satochip told me that shipping should be free for most places (without tracking), but there is additional fee if you select optional tracking.

Stay tuned and follow this topic.

November 29, 2023, 06:15:40 PM
I ordered mine - I've tried to look for a voucher/coupon to apply, or at least get a discount. However, I could not find any. LOL.

Thank you for this awesome card, would like to see more designs in the future.

legendary
November 29, 2023, 05:17:26 PM
Gawd dangly!!  These are absolutely awesome.  I'm not a big crypto collector, but I love any forum-related memorabilia, if only for the fact that there don't tend to be a lot of bitcointalk collectibles.  I appreciate you alerting the community about this gem, OP.  Satochips are great to use, but they're kind of like postage stamps and coins as well--art can be added on top of the practicality.

Nice.  There are only 5 cards being made?  That seems like an incredibly limited edition.  And yeah OP, I know you said the number but I'm just voicing my thoughts out loud here.  Wouldn't they want to make more?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
November 29, 2023, 02:21:56 PM
legendary
Cashback 15%
November 29, 2023, 02:06:52 PM
Few days ago Satochip and me organized a nice Giveaway for 14th years of Bitcointalk forum and lucky winner was selected randomly.

Interest was shown from other forum members who really liked the design of this cards and they wanted to buy them if possible.

Current card design N1 was printed in only 5 limited edition cards and this design won't be printed ever again, so better hurry up if you want to find them in stock.

You can check all the details and make purchase on official Satochip page:
https://satochip.io/product/BitcoinTalk-Satoshi-1/

This is how the cards look printed from all sides, and you can see ID numbers from #1 to #5:

You can use this Satochip cards as open source hardware wallets and they work great in combination with Laptops like Thinkpad that have card readers.

Satochip cards works with Sparrow wallet and with Electrum Satochip client (using plugin):
https://satochip.io/software/

Satochip Bitcointalk cards website:
https://satochip.io/product/BitcoinTalk-Satoshi-1/
Pages:
Jump to: