Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi might be mentally derranged - page 4. (Read 7857 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In Hashrate We Trust!
April 16, 2013, 09:46:08 PM
Satoshi actually deserves the Nobel Price of Economics since Bitcoin could potentially lead to a more efficient market economy.

Or make us all slaves. We still don't know what is going on with BTC.

If you use Central Bank fiat you are already a slave ... worse case scenario bitcoin makes it a question of "who's ya massa?".

Best case, it is a grand experiment in possible benefits to humanity from the efficiency of free markets.

If we create an exchange platform where everything can be traded, we wont need fiat in the long term - we could use gold vs bitcoin as a measure of Bitcoins true value.
Winner: Gold and Bitcoin, Loser: Paper money.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
April 16, 2013, 09:42:59 PM
Satoshi actually deserves the Nobel Price of Economics since Bitcoin could potentially lead to a more efficient market economy.

If you use Central Bank fiat you are already a slave ... worse case scenario bitcoin makes it a question of "who's ya massa?".

Best case, it is a grand experiment in possible benefits to humanity from the efficiency of free markets.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 16, 2013, 09:37:14 PM

In Hashrate We Trust!
April 16, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
Activity: 389
April 16, 2013, 09:17:28 PM
Does it really matter if Satoshi is not mentally well? What difference does that make?

Just speculating.  I'm just amazed by the permanent departure.  We could use the guy right about now.

Personally, I don't think he/they went anywhere.  The figure of Satoshi may have left, but I can't imagine that they don't keep up on things, if not through this forum, through contact at least some of the current developers.  I can't imagine someone would create this and just walk away in some "best of luck to you, my children" moment.  There's too much invested in it, and I'm not talking just financially invested although that's obviously part of it, but that's been a much more recent event given the longer history of the experiment.

And hopefully they have taken at least some profits.  They deserve them.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
April 16, 2013, 09:15:57 PM
Im curious why the early adaptors of Bitcoin accepted Satoshis original blockchain instead of creating a new blockchain where everyone could start to mine from the first coin? Or were the earliest adaptors friends of Satoshi?
Genesis block is hardcoded. Not everybody can change that in the source and recompile. Thomas Nasikioto could do that and it resulted in ixcoin. The same with Litecoin. In addition Litecoin changed hashing algo tho less known and potentially weaker Scrypt to appeal petential miners as well as implementing faster but less safe confirms as a marketing trick.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Correct Horse Battery Staple
April 16, 2013, 09:14:33 PM
Im curious why the early adaptors of Bitcoin accepted Satoshis original blockchain instead of creating a new blockchain where everyone could start to mine from the first coin? Or were the earliest adaptors friends of Satoshi?

The first block can not be spent.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

In Hashrate We Trust!
April 16, 2013, 09:04:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
April 16, 2013, 09:00:01 PM
May be he just a one of CIA agents, than he combine crypto hobby with his original job, plus create by government request a wonderful meme "Satoshi".
May be he just a one of CIA agents, than he combine crypto hobby with his original job, plus create by government request a wonderful meme "Satoshi".
Tinfoil hat on: Satoshi might be ratted out by Gavin. It is well known that Gavin accepted CIA money and offer to visit them. Accepting money from spy agency is exactly the same as picking up soap in prison shower. Probably Gavin have not read books how secret services operate all over world.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
April 16, 2013, 08:50:27 PM
Isn't it possible that he is working on something more important than bitcoin now?

No.

ah well in that case
Activity: 504
April 16, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Isn't it possible that he is working on something more important than bitcoin now?

like headhunted to an agency?
Activity: 772
Merit: 501
April 16, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

No.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
April 16, 2013, 08:38:26 PM
Activity: 476
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
April 16, 2013, 08:34:51 PM
I've known exceptionally gifted programmers in one industry which I've dabbled in quiet a bit over the years (Games), who were not immune to also doing some exceptionally stupid stuff outside of their work life, which sometimes meant they went "missing". Also some of them just don't like to stick around after a project is finished, they prefer to work on something new. After a while maybe Satoshi felt he didn't need to risk sticking around if keeping his identity secret was that important to him.

Example:
When I say exceptionally gifted, I mean, programmed an entire game engine by himself in a matter of months, potentially rivalling some of the best in the industry, but got himself locked up in prison for 6-12 months on DUI but with no means to contact us (he was always abit of a hermit so didn't keep much on him) and with us not knowing how or what happened to him, we were left with code we barely understood without him or his completed documentation. He apparently accepted his sentence and left it at that.

By the time he got out, the project had moved on, taking 6+ months to figure out a small portion of his code of course, it essentially crashed the project without him. We moved on to other projects while every so often taking a poke to understand what little we could get to work.
For him he was a different person, took a very long time before he even got back into coding, prison was not kind to him.
A few years Later he actually did get the engine fully working, in just a few days, but it was abit out dated by then, he barely changed anything but he knew what he was doing with it to finish the final stages. It was still pretty impressive for by nearly 3 years old by then.

Just because he was clearly a gifted individual, doesn't mean he didn't also have his problems just like everyone else. Or maybe he just felt like their was nothing more for him to add here and is off doing something else under another alias.
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
April 16, 2013, 08:14:18 PM
We are all Satoshi.
Activity: 504
April 16, 2013, 08:09:42 PM
The lessons learned from the legal aftermatch of the e-gold venture, should be enough to have him regret having started this several times along the path of Bitcoin evolution. I don't think that he possessed prophetic skills beyond average, knowing that Bitcoin would challenge most legal frameworks concerning money and transactions. However realizing that this could fall back on him at some point if it ever became a reality, his move was smart.

Gavin picking up the torch is actually just as bold a move. The fact that he is one of the early core developers, though not the inventor, makes little difference if there ever is crackdown on Bitcoin itself.

I'm convinced that Satoshi never intended to personally get stinking rich or had a vision of Bitcoin as a vehicle for speculation on the scale it's happening now. The block 0 embedded message suggests that this was an attempt to create the ultimate barter currency that could be used internationally and still be in the control of the many.

In that respect Bitcoin has failed big time and human nature as well!

As a Bitcoin user you have the choice of either saving or using them for the intended purpose! If people just stick to their coins, we are proving the Keynesians right. If Bitcoin is used as a store of value, centralization will be the result, that's why banks were invented in the first place.

Bitcoins core value is in it's use as a small payment system cheaper and faster than other methods and for making internet payments possible for people without a credit card. If you want to move millions around the world, go to your bank or use your gold Master Card and pay your fees!

Being a currency of limited supply, higher real life use for small transactions can not avoid driving the price of each Bitcoin to a higher level. All the 8 decimal places in the current system are there so we never run out of coins, not for you to become stinking rich.

So If Satoshi had the intent of gaining personally from Bitcoin big time, the whole motivation for creating Bitcoin in the first place, was a lie and he is nothing more than a con artist. If he ever spends them, history will question his original motives. His only option is to give them away as a gift!
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
April 16, 2013, 08:08:43 PM
Is it possible Satosi is actually an alter-ego for someone with severe multiple personality disorder?

Someone out there, probably a plumber or a farmer, who inexplicably finds himself on the web not knowing what he has been doing for the past 2 days when he snaps back to John Doe mode from cyber-Satoshi uber ninja mode.

Just think any one of you, in fact it is more likely if you are given to more paranoiac fantasies like OP, could actually have an unencrypted v0.1bitcoin wallet stashed away in random directory that your other half (satoshi) was using and it is worth $100 million (or more) ... better start trawling your sub-directories now for suspicious looking files from Jan 2009  Grin

Of course if the MPD was severe cyber-satoshi would probably have gone the whole hawg and backed it up on USB pen drive and hid it under your house in the crawl space or in the roof space somewhere ... should check there also if you think you might be harbouring a cyber-Satoshi alter ego within ... maybe a session at the hypnotherapist will tease him out?
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
April 16, 2013, 07:35:47 PM
I think he intended to become rich. I think he intended to remain anonymous to make it easier for people to forget that advancing Bitcoin makes him richer. In fact, all future Bitcoin users are what speculators are banking on for profit. It's not that different from a Ponzi scheme...but it's not technically a Ponzi scheme (Or, it's no more a Ponzi scheme than fiat).
Activity: 364
April 16, 2013, 07:32:01 PM
Does it really matter if Satoshi is not mentally well? What difference does that make?

Just speculating.  I'm just amazed by the permanent departure.  We could use the guy right about now.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Finding Satoshi
April 16, 2013, 07:25:29 PM
Pages:
Jump to: