Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi might be mentally derranged - page 5. (Read 7857 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 16, 2013, 07:16:48 PM
But he made a clear exit before disappearing.  So if he died shortly after its coincidental.

Most people don't plan on getting hit by a bus so yes it was implied it was coincidental.  Now when someone exception dies it is generally a big deal but in Satoshi case who would know.  I doubt he walked around wearing a "My name is Satoshi, and I invented Bitcoin" t-shirt.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
April 16, 2013, 07:15:15 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 16, 2013, 07:09:44 PM
4) People die.  Not even talking about CIA black team stuff.  Maybe bad luck he walked out in front of a bus and since nobody from his "real life" knew the connection to Bitcoin and nobody from Bitcoin world knew his real identity we will just see that as a founder who simply never communicates ... ever.

But he made a clear exit before disappearing.  So if he died shortly after its coincidental.

ONLY 30%.   Those first year coins are concentrated into only several dozen people's hands.  Some never thought it was going anywhere and deleted the wallet.  But that can't account for SO many unmoved coins.  

2.6 mil first year coins.   At least 600k mined by Satoshi, mostly in the middle 6 months when difficulty was anemic and a handful of computers would score half the blocks.  

2 mil mined by other early adopters, 500k deleted (25%) because they thought they wouldn't go anywhere.   That leaves maybe 1.5 mil that hung on.  Assume they as a group sold at least half in the various run -ups (750k).  That gets you to about 30%.   Not much room there for Satoshi to do much selling.

By early 2010 the difficulty started to shoot up, so his computers probably were only scoring a handful of blocks/day at most, and by middle to end of 2010, looks like only maybe one or two a week.  So most of his coins were made in the first year.
Activity: 504
April 16, 2013, 07:06:52 PM
Roger is a crypto, tech and privacy guy. He's not a PR person, not a finance guy to fix exchanges, and not an economist - obviously form the macro design. So he can't help you with those problems.

He put up a rough draft of a privacy-oriented payment protocol, see it through beta launch, and moved on to other important projects like Tor. He chose to stay anonymous precisely because he knew what kind of freaks his design would initially attract, and being associated with this early cryptocurrency that anarchist and junkies love would affect other things, like getting grants from the US government to develop Tor.
Activity: 322
April 16, 2013, 07:03:32 PM
May be he just a one of CIA agents, than he combine crypto hobby with his original job, plus create by government request a wonderful meme "Satoshi".
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
April 16, 2013, 06:49:55 PM
You are Satoshi just messing with us right?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 16, 2013, 06:49:41 PM
1) Roughly 30% of the first year coins have moved.  Maybe he did sell a good chunk of his coins, enough to cover his expenses.  If he is trying to live below the radar I doubt he is looking to buy 200 ft super yachts and trips to space.

2) IMHO Satoshi is almost certainly a group of people.

3) How do you know "he" (as in one or more of the individuals that made up Satoshi) isn't here right now just working under his/her real name.

4) People die.  Not even talking about CIA black team stuff.  Maybe bad luck he walked out in front of a bus and since nobody from his "real life" knew the connection to Bitcoin and nobody from Bitcoin world knew his real identity we will just see that as a founder who simply never communicates ... ever.
April 16, 2013, 06:41:39 PM
Then slowly sell 50K on the way up to $250.  That would have been $10 mil+.  The market cap briefly touched $2.5 BILLION, there was room for $10 mil of sales.  And i think if 1,000 blocks worth of coinbase coins started to move, blockchain vigilantes would have posted about it.  

The dude is either dead, unbelievably concentrating his wealth into the success of the project, or he lost his coins.

It can't be that he's heavily invested without being drawn in to do SOMETHING to move the project along.  Why not sell $100K and fund the foundation better?  Why not come back and offer 100 BTC bounties for folks to push ahead on features, pruning, and performance?  

Dude is either dead, or had a meltdown and trashed his coins intentionally or accidentally.

Either way, you might as just as well consider the 'total supply goal' 20 mil, not 21 mil coins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 16, 2013, 06:38:32 PM
How about he cared more about this project than personal riches and glory, and is helping under a new name. Just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 16, 2013, 06:34:29 PM
You mean to tell me when the fucking thing got to $250 and priced his 1 mil coin stash at $250 mil, he didn't unload a few million bucks worth? 

Start selling 1 million coins and you get only 10 million USD max. The market is too small.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
April 16, 2013, 06:28:50 PM
April 16, 2013, 06:25:36 PM
You know, Satoshi's mind about how these things should come together would provide great incites for the project here.
Challenges:
1) How to prune the blockchain correctly
2) What to do about centralized trading houses (ideas for a decentralize exchange)
3) Suggestions for improving Bitcoin PR

Who is this fucking guy to put so much time and effort into building something so well thought out and engineered to such detail, and then to fucking disappear and not even put up an occasional post with suggestions to improve the project?  I'm starting to think that Satoshi may have been mentally unstable.  Working anonymously ---> paranoid.  Not checking in ---> greatly disturbed that things went in a direction he didn't anticipate and so he goes 'fuck it!'.

I think this fucking nut might have just deleted all those early coins he mined in a fit of rage, seriously, starting to think this.  Most of those early blocks never moved.  Many of those early guys just didn't think anything would come of it and deleted the client & wallet.  But a lot of those early blocks GOT to be his.  Maybe he mined about 1 million early coins (thoughts about how much of a stake he had).   You mean to tell me when the fucking thing got to $250 and priced his 1 mil coin stash at $250 mil, he didn't unload a few million bucks worth? 

Seriously, how wealth could this guy have been for not wanting to sell a little and greatly up his lifestyle by selling say 5%.  It does not compute.  I think the guy just trashed his wallet file in anger/paranoia that there would be some kind of backlash when they had wikileaks accept BTC.  He put up that paranoid post about how it would attract all the wrong attention and then bailed.

Its either this or he suddenly died without leaving instructions to loved ones for taking procession of the coins.

Well that's my official Satoshi is fucked in the head theory!  Hope I didn't offend the Crypto-Jesus disciples too much there.
Pages:
Jump to: