Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto has been nominated to receive Nobel Prize in 2016 - page 3. (Read 3441 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
While accepting the noble prize is good, for sure he wouldn't show up.
If he did, it would change his life forever and will never have privacy for the rest of his life.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Okay, I'll admit it.  Where do I have to go to pick up my prize?

If in fact Satoshi Nakamoto was nominated and actually won the award, how would he prove that he is the person he says he is if Satoshi Nakamoto was just a pseudonym?  And, what's gonna stop every Tom, Dick, and Harry from stepping up to claim the award?
Activity: 359
Merit: 250

Just about to write a press release on this on behalf of the Bundesverband Bitcoin, kinda the German equivalent to a Bitcoin foundation.

In order to fullfill my journalist duties I need to ask Satoshi for a comment on this, which I herewith am trying to do here.

NRE!

Smiley

Joe

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Well it is not really about him, but about someone who says he would get the price in his place...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
He should get it. Bitcoin is peace and love man.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
It is just a trap to make him reveal himself. They will assassinate him afterwards.

Assassination by riding in the backseat of a New Jersey taxi?
And as if that was not enough, they hacked his website and ridiculed his achievements. Truly disgusting.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I think it's going to be a good while yet before the rest of the world digests what the technology behind it entails. Even those of us who are mired in it can barely conceive of where it's going to take us. Give it a couple of decades and then check back.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
If someone deserves to get Nobel Prize, that is sure inventor of blockchain technology and Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto. Even if he stay anonymous forever and even if "he" is group of ppl. Blockchain technology is in my opinion best invention (not only in economy) happen so far in this century and we still did not see 0.1% of his potential. Nobel Foundation should find way to give that prize.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
I wish Satoshi would be eligible to to be nominated and the end receive Nobel Prize. There is very little inventions of our age which really deserve that.
Unfortunate I am quite sure that you can't be anonymous person to receive that prize. Nobel however can be awarded to organisations and group of people as well.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
He's moved on to other things. I believe this involves running a burger van in a layby somewhere on the south coast of England. The only thing that might tempt him out of the shadows would be a Michelin star these days.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
He has not been nominated so far. His name has only suggested to the committee. I don't think he could be. I'm not totally sure about that, but I think there needs to be some exchange between the people nominated and the committee before the award taking place. Satoshi Nakamoto would have to reveal himself if he wants to be nominated.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Moreover, worthy also of the Turing Award - https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_Award - the "Nobel Prize of computing", our Satoshi is.

The course our city runs is the same towards men and money.

She has true and worthy sons.

She has fine new gold and ancient silver,

Coins untouched with alloys, gold or silver,

Each well minted, tested each and ringing clear.

Yet we never use them!

Others pass from hand to hand,

Sorry brass just struck last week and branded with a wretched brand.

So with men we know for upright, blameless lives and noble names.

These we spurn for men of brass...

O U O S V A V V
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
It is just a trap to make him reveal himself. They will assassinate him afterwards.

Assassination by riding in the backseat of a New Jersey taxi?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
God is Satoshi!
Activity: 399
Barack Obomber won it too and he's a mass murderer! Satoshi is far above meaningless nonsense like this and his TRULY meaningful contribution to this world is only degraded by putting him in the same company as sociopaths.
Activity: 294
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
I think is the right person that deserve the nobel prize. His system is a revolution that will change the financial system for ever. I dont know if will take nobel in 2016 but i am sure that he will take it in some day in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
They'll just pay him with Bitcoin Duhhh
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I really do think he deserves this award. It takes most to wait their entire lives to be considered to be nominated for one. He revolutionized how we as a society views how a monetary system should work and be successful at it.
Pages:
Jump to: