Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 200. (Read 495688 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
It turns out I was counting all the bets under the min bet that SatoshiDice never returned.  Other than those, everything's normal, and there are very few bets awaiting payment.

Sorry for the confusion.
Ouch, I sold a lot of S.DICE Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
It turns out I was counting all the bets under the min bet that SatoshiDice never returned.  Other than those, everything's normal, and there are very few bets awaiting payment.

Sorry for the confusion.
legendary
According to my calculations, satoshidice is currently about 15000 bets behind.

I suspect "my calculations" were wrong.  I calculated that there was a backlog of 15000 bets for 3 days in a row.  That seems unlikely to be true - either they would be catching up on the backlog or falling further behind.  Much more likely is that my script counted a bunch of bets twice or some such.

Apologies for possibly spreading lies about SatoshiDice's performance!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
sent in 30 bets this morning and only got 20 back... tha fak
Activity: 536
Merit: 500
I myself have had a gambling problem which I've now recovered from, I can deal with seeing gambling related things now and not get tempted.
legendary
what's bizarre is that there seem to be bets going through on the website, which implies perhaps it was offline for a bit and just hasn't caught up with some old bets.  I'm sure it will eventually, the bets always go though, eventually.

Remember - if you made your transactions yesterday then the secret for 9th April 2013 has already been published:

WKznFOxYUYfm75Be74byfzqDnTgbeY75lybkh2oWQGlCUO5ccKw1XLzwkL4fQ26s

this, along with your transaction ID can calculate whether you won or not using Dooglus' website here:

http://dooglus.com/sd/

When today's secret comes out I'll be able to check if my bet has won or not Smiley

They use the secret for the day of processing, rather than the secret for the day the bet was sent.

A while ago someone was complaining about a 'stuck' bet.  It was a few days old, and the site itself was processing other bets at full speed.  I found his transaction and rebroadcast it, and it was very quickly picked up by satoshidice and processed using the current day's secret.  So in a sense I was able to affect the outcome of his bet, simply by rebroadcasting his transaction.

According to my calculations, satoshidice is currently about 15000 bets behind.  Yesterday they only processed about 6000 bets in total, well below the usual throughput.  I would guess there's something wrong with their server, and that until it's fixed the backlog will only get worse.

I understood that the bet processing was done on a hidden server, separately from the website itself, and so hard to DDoS.  But something's clearly not working right at the moment.
Activity: 767
what's bizarre is that there seem to be bets going through on the website, which implies perhaps it was offline for a bit and just hasn't caught up with some old bets.  I'm sure it will eventually, the bets always go though, eventually.

Remember - if you made your transactions yesterday then the secret for 9th April 2013 has already been published:

WKznFOxYUYfm75Be74byfzqDnTgbeY75lybkh2oWQGlCUO5ccKw1XLzwkL4fQ26s

this, along with your transaction ID can calculate whether you won or not using Dooglus' website here:

http://dooglus.com/sd/

When today's secret comes out I'll be able to check if my bet has won or not Smiley

Will
Activity: 532
150 confirms and still nothing.. dafuq
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
S.Dice seems super slow for me today bet around 2 hours ago and have 17 confirmations and still nothing.
Activity: 634
does Blockchain.info wallet work with SatoshiDice?

Yes.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
I'd think so. Afterall isn't blockchained associated with SatoshiDice? Just use their inbuilt ability to gamble with SatoshiDice lol

They might have stopped their partnership though? Havn't checked.
Blockchain.info My Wallet works with every single bitcoin service, because it is not a shared wallet.

"Blockchain.info is not affiliated with satoshidice.com."
Activity: 504
I'd think so. Afterall isn't blockchained associated with SatoshiDice? Just use their inbuilt ability to gamble with SatoshiDice lol

They might have stopped their partnership though? Havn't checked.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
does Blockchain.info wallet work with SatoshiDice?

there is a note on the dice website saying that it will only work with wallets that allow you to instantly receive back transactions to the same address..

i placed a few bets but i get nothing back Sad
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Is satoshidice really slow today? Sent a bet 6 hours ago and it has 39 confirmations but still no results.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Why would you want to shoot it down?  You are correct in your assessment of its long-term outcome should they keep playing that long of course but the kind of people who think of it that carefully and understand it that well only play occasionally for fun if at all anyway.  I'll give another reply over there.
legendary
Can you guys check out this thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proposal-satoshidice-pool-crowdfunded-gambling-171803) and shoot it down? I'm having trouble seeing clearly if it'd be a good idea or a bad one to be honest.

I tried, but I don't think I did a very good job of it.  By pooling your resources with other gamblers you will reduce the variance, and end up closer to the expected result - which is losing 1.9%.

Miners pool their resources because they want to get closer to their expected result (since it's positive).  The only thing that makes SatoshiDice fun is the variance.  If you were very likely to always lose 1.9% of your bet why would you play?

Edit: I can never remember how to spell 'varience'.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Is the minimum bet really the equiv of ~$2.40 USD? It's getting too expensive to play this game Smiley

And ridiculously rewarding for a lucky few. Can you guys check out this thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proposal-satoshidice-pool-crowdfunded-gambling-171803) and shoot it down? I'm having trouble seeing clearly if it'd be a good idea or a bad one to be honest.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Is the minimum bet really the equiv of ~$2.40 USD? It's getting too expensive to play this game Smiley
Activity: 767
I've tried both but it's all the same..

Does it matter?

FWIW I've made over 3300 bets on satoshidice since August 2012 so I've seen the behavior of the website change slowly over time.  For the longest time you could bet without fee and it would return your result almost immediately - then, because of the chance of pre-mining double spend blocks, evoorhees changed the system to only pay result if the bet transaction enclosed a fee, or it was inside a block - that was fine, I just started enclosing a fee - but more recently things have changed again.

It appears now that bets below 2BTC (this value might be lower, but this is what I've seen most recently) are processed immediately, up to a limit of around 3-4 'outstanding' bets i.e. if you keep betting it will hit this limit and you have to wait until a block is confirmed before the following bets pay out.  Bets above 2 BTC need to be in a block before the payout happens.

However, even more recently, an extra complication has happened - which is that blockchain.info does not see the payout transactions until they are in a block - so if you bet from blockchain.info, and satisfy the above criteria (fee enclosed, bet less than 2BTC, no more than 3-4 outstanding bets) then satoshidice will pay out - you can go and check the transaction on the satoshidice website and get the payout TX - but it won't appear on blockchain.info.

To solve this problem, I've taken to placing my bets from blockchain.info, but watching the payout occur on an instance of bitcoin-qt with the keys loaded for the bet address - so I bet on blockchain then wait a few seconds and the payout appears on bitcoin-qt - I have to wait a block for the payout to appear on blockchain.info.

I'm not sure what changed on blockchain.info to make it so these valid unconfirmed transaction don't appear - because other unconfirmed transactions appear fine on blockchain.info - I suspect perhaps piuk was being spammed by satoshidice bet results and chose to just drop them until they were confirmed into a block, but I'm only guessing there.

Hope that helps,

Will
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
OK, I got my last one returned now so it's all good...for now. I'm just glad it wasn't a ripoff!
The only ripoff at Satoshidice is the Law of Averages!  Lady Luck can be a bitch Wink
Jump to: