Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 203. (Read 495688 times)

Activity: 566
Merit: 500
I'm wondering what's with this:
"On a win or a lose a transaction fee of 0.0005 is subtracted from the payment amount"

Yet I received exactly 0.01957 back from a winning 0.01 bet. No fee subtracted?
Activity: 518
I've received them now, took very long time for me. Thx for the reply though, evoorhees!

Do you have any ideas why so many of my bets now takes kinda long time to get processed? Majority of the bets takes 15-20 minutes..strange, huh? Wasn't like that yesterday.
I'm using the 'regular' Bitcoin client, Bitcoin-Qt it's called right? Is there perhaps a better alternative for a client when betting at SD ?

Take care!'
/ammo88

Remember, SatoshiDice does not run the blockchain, so your winnings might take different amounts of time depending on miners.

Are you waiting for winnings, or to find out if you won?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I've received them now, took very long time for me. Thx for the reply though, evoorhees!

Do you have any ideas why so many of my bets now takes kinda long time to get processed? Majority of the bets takes 15-20 minutes..strange, huh? Wasn't like that yesterday.
I'm using the 'regular' Bitcoin client, Bitcoin-Qt it's called right? Is there perhaps a better alternative for a client when betting at SD ?

Take care!'
/ammo88
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Satoshi Dice nearing 4 million bets!  Well done Erik and frens!

happy betting   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Hey, what's up with the long delay?
I got 8 bets that I placed 45 minutes ago, confirmed 4 times. Haven't received any return at all on them.

Any problems with SatoshiDice at the moment??

/Best regards

Things look good on our end... these still haven't returned to you? Feel free to PM me.
Hey, what's up with the long delay?
I got 8 bets that I placed 45 minutes ago, confirmed 4 times. Haven't received any return at all on them.

Any problems with SatoshiDice at the moment??

/Best regards
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Awesome Cheesy Looking forward to it. Thanks for the quick reply  Cool

Ooh.  What kind of improvements?

The obvious fix would be to allow people to deposit and play on-site, rather than using the blockchain for every bet.  But then how would we track site profits?
Here (see #4): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1700294

Regarding the 'obvious fix', could publish a list of all deposit addresses, and a list of bets on the site referencing which transaction (or winnings transaction) was used.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

Ooh.  What kind of improvements?

The obvious fix would be to allow people to deposit and play on-site, rather than using the blockchain for every bet.  But then how would we track site profits?
Activity: 504
vip
👻
Had a great session today. Made a couple of bitcoins Cheesy

Loving this game. The fact it takes quite a while to reply sometimes is a little annoying though. Are you ever looking into fixing this?
Yes, according to evoorhees there will be improvements
Had a great session today. Made a couple of bitcoins Cheesy

Loving this game. The fact it takes quite a while to reply sometimes is a little annoying though. Are you ever looking into fixing this?
Very much appreciated, dooglus !
It's exactly what I was looking for! I googled a couple of questions but didn't find anythin usefull... again, thx for the info and I'll definitely try out your little webpage there. it sure looks like it can come to some use! Smiley
Have a great evening!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Pretty much working now, correct`?

hey, I'm quite a newbie.. what does SD base the dice-roll on?
As in, does anyone know or can point me to where to read about it; what mathematical equation is the game based on?

If you speak PHP, the dice roll is exactly:

hexdec(substr(hash_hmac('sha512', "$txid:$nout", $secret), 0, 4))

Or, in English:

The decimal conversion of the first 4 hex digits of the sha512 hmac hash of your bet's transaction ID and its output index within that transaction, with SatoshiDice's daily secret.

You can find much of this information by clicking 'verification' in the top right of the SatoshiDice website.

I made a small web page that independently verifies that they gave you the 'right' lucky number.  Put in your bet's transaction ID and the daily secret (which is published the day after you bet) and it will calculate your lucky numbers for you.

http://dooglus.com/sd
Pretty much working now, correct`?

hey, I'm quite a newbie.. what does SD base the dice-roll on?
As in, does anyone know or can point me to where to read about it; what mathematical equation is the game based on?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Sorry to hear about another DDoS, our condolences.
Had a great time betting here! I ended up a little bit down, after being up quite a lot (To me atleast Cheesy). First time gambling too haha.

Will play again soon.
Yea, processing seems to be going pretty slow, only maybe 10-15 bets a minute.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
Yes- minimum is still .01
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
I haven't played in a while. Is the min bet still .01?
vip
👻
Guys, bet more on satoshiDICE, the shareholders are getting a bit annoyed at sdice's bad luck Tongue
Jump to: