Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 253. (Read 495688 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

lots and lots of unconfirmed... something -stopped- about 5:30 EST.

Block had a lot of transactions in it, then... little:

http://www.blockchain.info/block-index/236637/000000000000066930aefb95e7ff55034ceabb569a7e5aca1257fa3920933f84

Right now we have about 4500 unconfirmed.  I have yet to figure out any coherent way of predicting when the miners will pick these up.

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

lots and lots of unconfirmed... something -stopped- about 5:30 EST.

Block had a lot of transactions in it, then... little:

http://www.blockchain.info/block-index/236637/000000000000066930aefb95e7ff55034ceabb569a7e5aca1257fa3920933f84

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Sorry, that was a database change I made.  I make it use transactions in a more conservative way which ended up being a good bit slower so it was having trouble keeping up with people's bets.  It should be much better now.  I really need to track some metrics of bet to result time so that this sort of issue is more obvious to us.

Have you seen graphite?
http://graphite.wikidot.com/

This page has a REALLY good example of how to see if your deploys messed anything up:
http://codeascraft.etsy.com/2010/12/08/track-every-release/
Would be useful to have some sort of "average bet delay in seconds" near the top of the main page...

Agreed.  I'll work on that. 
Over 21,000 bets already today.  Everything seems to be flowing fine now except for about 600 unknowns which I am working on clearing up now.  They should be gone in the next 4 hours or so.

Would be useful to have some sort of "average bet delay in seconds" near the top of the main page...

bets ground to a halt again.. right around 10-11am EST... 

Over 21,000 bets already today.  Everything seems to be flowing fine now except for about 600 unknowns which I am working on clearing up now.  They should be gone in the next 4 hours or so.

bets ground to a halt again.. right around 10-11am EST... 

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Just to confirm what dooglus said. pywallet does indeed works with wallets from the 0.6.2 Satoshi client.
I tested it 2 days ago to delete all transactions from my wallet and do a rescan to take a doubt I was having and it indeed worked.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
My bitcoind runs 24/7, and has 4 specific other nodes that I run, which it connects to... T

I think that's your problem right there.  

When you shut down the client, it forgets about these invalid and unconfirmed transactions sent long, long ago from SatoshiDICE but since forgotten on by everyone else since they never confirmed.  But then when you start your client back up, it learns of these again from these other four (polluted) nodes of yours.

Why not try a normal startup to the outside world, or with -connect= to a well connected node.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
My issue is that these transactions do not exist in the blockchain and were generated during a split. The transactions that are showing on blockchain.info do not appear in my wallet... weird issue. I imagine that rebuilding a new wallet from the private keys should fix it though, since it re-verifies every transaction for every private key imported.

I just realised - you're importing the keys and rescanning the whole blockchain for each one aren't you.  No wonder it's taking so long.

If you want to speed it up, and are comfortable building bitcoin-qt from source, comment out these two lines in src/rpcdump.cpp then rebuild:

Code:
        pwalletMain->ScanForWalletTransactions(pindexGenesisBlock, true);
        pwalletMain->ReacceptWalletTransactions();

Then you'll be able to import all your private keys very quickly, like less than a second each.  Then run a single 'bitcoin-qt -rescan' at the end and you're done.

There's no need to rescan the wallet separately for every key you import, but that's what bitcoin-qt does.
Activity: 258
I would guess that maybe you have some problems with your 0.6+ wallet, and so exporting and re-importing the keys is probably the best thing to do anyway.

Then when I ran bitcoin-qt again, the transaction was no longer showing at all.  It's still on blockchain.info as an unconfirmed transaction, and I'm sure it will eventually confirm, at which point I will see it in my wallet again.

My issue is that these transactions do not exist in the blockchain and were generated during a split. The transactions that are showing on blockchain.info do not appear in my wallet... weird issue. I imagine that rebuilding a new wallet from the private keys should fix it though, since it re-verifies every transaction for every private key imported.
legendary
Yeah, I tried it last night and it just throws a bunch of errors on my 0.6+ wallet, but worked fine on a 0.5.x wallet.

I just tried it on my encrypted 0.6.2 wallet.  The web interface tells me "deleted 1 transaction" and if I try again, "delete 0 transactions", but when I load the wallet up into the client, the transaction is still showing.  Possibly because it's already confirmed though.  I'll try with an unconfirmed transaction...

[time passes]

Yes, it works with bitcoin 0.6.2 and an encrypted wallet.

I made a transaction in my wallet, then quit bitcoin-qt and ran:

Code:
python pywallet.py --web

in a terminal, then visited http://localhost:8989/ in my web browser, scrolled down to where it says:
  Delete a key from your wallet:
copy/pasted the new unconfirmed transaction ID into the 'key' field, and clicked 'delete'.

It told me: "tx:[...] has been successfully deleted from /home/.../.bitcoin/wallet.dat, resulting in 1 deleted item".

I would guess that maybe you have some problems with your 0.6+ wallet, and so exporting and re-importing the keys is probably the best thing to do anyway.

Then when I ran bitcoin-qt again, the transaction was no longer showing at all.  It's still on blockchain.info as an unconfirmed transaction, and I'm sure it will eventually confirm, at which point I will see it in my wallet again.
PyWallet errors on wallets that have been opened in Bitcoin-qt v 0.6+

Not for me it doesn't.

Maybe you need a newer PyWallet.

No, pywallet won't work with Bitcoin-qt 0.6+, nor will it work with encrypted wallets.

Are you sure?  I used it just a few days ago, and I've not had anything older than bitcoin-qt 0.6 for a long time.

Maybe I didn't encrypt the wallet I used it with, but I created it using bitcoin-qt 0.6+.

Yeah, I tried it last night and it just throws a bunch of errors on my 0.6+ wallet, but worked fine on a 0.5.x wallet.
Sorry, that was a database change I made.  I make it use transactions in a more conservative way which ended up being a good bit slower so it was having trouble keeping up with people's bets.  It should be much better now.  I really need to track some metrics of bet to result time so that this sort of issue is more obvious to us.

Yes. Please.
legendary

Not for me it doesn't.

No, pywallet won't work with Bitcoin-qt 0.6+, nor will it work with encrypted wallets.

Are you sure?  I used it just a few days ago, and I've not had anything older than bitcoin-qt 0.6 for a long time.

Maybe I didn't encrypt the wallet I used it with, but I created it using bitcoin-qt 0.6+.
I realize satoshidice is sometimes slow... but for the past few days I always had to wait at least five minutes before I even know if I won or not. Often times it's even longer.

Is this just me? Or that happens to others too?

Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

Not for me it doesn't.

legendary

Not for me it doesn't.

My bitcoind runs 24/7, and has 4 specific other nodes that I run, which it connects to... This wallet is only used for Satoshidice, so no other TX's (aside from the one I funded the wallet with) exist.

Neither a rescan, nor a re-download of the blockchain resolved the issue.

I'm currently rebuilding the wallet by exporting all the private keys from it and re-importing them 1-by-1 into a new wallet... it will take a few days to run, since there are ~2100 private keys and it averages 45 seconds per key to import. I'll let you know how it works out.

That will work, but it would be a lot quicker to just remove the bad transactions from your wallet using PyWallet.

Why don't you try exporting the keys you used in the faulty transactions first and importing them into your new wallet - then you'll see that the bets have been paid out, and that it's just bad transactions in your wallet that prevent you from seeing them.

legendary
My bitcoind runs 24/7, and has 4 specific other nodes that I run, which it connects to... This wallet is only used for Satoshidice, so no other TX's (aside from the one I funded the wallet with) exist.

Neither a rescan, nor a re-download of the blockchain resolved the issue.

I'm currently rebuilding the wallet by exporting all the private keys from it and re-importing them 1-by-1 into a new wallet... it will take a few days to run, since there are ~2100 private keys and it averages 45 seconds per key to import. I'll let you know how it works out.

That will work, but it would be a lot quicker to just remove the bad transactions from your wallet using PyWallet.

Why don't you try exporting the keys you used in the faulty transactions first and importing them into your new wallet - then you'll see that the bets have been paid out, and that it's just bad transactions in your wallet that prevent you from seeing them.
Jump to: