Pages:
Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 26. (Read 495616 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Hot wallet has been empty for weeks, that transaction did not touch it. At the present moment, there are 0.0098 BTC in the hot wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
You may try a PM to Randian Hero, but he does not seem very responsive either, nor has he been seen around for the past 2 weeks.

Randian Hero last signed in on November 9th, which is pretty unusual for him. The cold storage was last touched 3 days ago, I assume to fill the hot wallet - hopefully people are no longer having trouble with withdrawals due to an empty wallet.
Good news in the meantime. A not-so-recent transaction of mine just got confirmed with a 20 satoshi/byte fee.
legendary
contact support
Sure, please do. Meanwhile, I bet 0.01 BTC that his transaction will be confirmed before support replies. Any takers? Smiley
Haha, I think you are right there at current rates =) If it were two months ago, I would have taken you up on the offer - but they seem to have lost the plot recently
You may try a PM to Randian Hero, but he does not seem very responsive either, nor has he been seen around for the past 2 weeks.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Thank you guys, I contacted them few times but I heard somewhere they never respond. Do you know any other way how to contact them instead of by email [email protected]?

Red Golpe: Will send you 0.01 BTC when it will be confirmed, appreciating your advices.
contact support
Sure, please do. Meanwhile, I bet 0.01 BTC that his transaction will be confirmed before support replies. Any takers? Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Minter
I did a cashout from satoshidice.com 3 days ago and transaction is still unconfirmed, any idea why? Will it be cancelled and I will lose my money?

BTW Satoshidice charged me 0.0001 BTC for withdraw but they included a very small fee. Did they do it on some purpose?

TX: https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/tx/66c1c1fcb51249220c98aa35f4e7bdfe59e18c9b80333c7f1cc11ce4ce712c63

Three days is too long to wait for confirmation no matter how crowded the blockchain is, please contact support and explain the situation to them.
Thank you that it interesting but I think it would work only in a case when I can control destination wallet right? Another problem is I sent it to my Localbitcoins wallet and this is out of my control as well until confirmed. So it's a stalemate situation.
Then I'm afraid you'll just have to wait: it will get confirmed eventually, the huge Thanksgiving mempool is already shrinking.
Thank you that it interesting but I think it would work only in a case when I can control destination wallet right? Another problem is I sent it to my Localbitcoins wallet and this is out of my control as well until confirmed. So it's a stalemate situation.
You don't need to control the originating wallet. You just need to control the final output of the transaction, which should show in your wallet, though unconfirmed. Just use that output for another transaction (typically to yourself) and you're done.

Transaction 1: SD -> you (unconfirmed because of low fee)
Transaction 2: you -> you (must include Transaction 1 as input, use 100 satoshi/byte as fee to be 100% sure, can be the same address or another one in the same wallet)

When transaction 2 is confirmed Transaction 1 gets confirmed too.
But it was not sent from wallet under my control, it was sent from satoshidice hot wallet so there is no way to modify the transaction, only i can rebroadcast it as i can get a hex raw data but I doubt if this can help.
Is there anythin I can do?
Include the output in a new transaction with a higher fee and both transactions will pass ("Child pays for parent", starting with Core 13.0). Anyway, no transaction will ever be rejected except for double spends.
Thank you, the fee is 20 satoshi/byte which is quite low but I don't understand why satoshidice deducted 0.0001 BTC fee for the withdrawal. Is it normal to wait 5 or more days? I though the bitcoin is little bit faster. And the problem is you cannot set a higher fee when doing a withdrawal from satoshidice.

Is there anythin I can do? Like rebroadcast this transaction or something else? As I don't want this transaction to be cancelled by full mempool and I heard after 72h miners are ignoring old low fee transactions.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I did a cashout from satoshidice.com 3 days ago and transaction is still unconfirmed, any idea why? Will it be cancelled and I will lose my money?

BTW Satoshidice charged me 0.0001 BTC for withdraw but they included a very small fee. Did they do it on some purpose?

TX: https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/tx/66c1c1fcb51249220c98aa35f4e7bdfe59e18c9b80333c7f1cc11ce4ce712c63

Most of the time the fee is enough but the Bitcoin mempool is very crowded right now.
Expect it in 24-48 hours.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
i just checked right now and the cash out came through 4 hours ago although it has zero confirms for whatever reason.  
Reason is, the mempool is exploding. I have transactions stuck for 2 days now.

Yes but its been like this pretty much for an entire year. Should be common sense to most people to not include a small 10000 Sats miner fee because it will take a very long time to confirm. I learnt this the hard way once when using the Bitcoin Core client and haven't made the mistake since.

I remember when I withdrew my finds it took a couple of days and that was when there not so many transactions on the network - it's in nobodies interests to have the tx fee at such a low rate...

With Satoshidice is different, there are having huge huge issues but in general these days almost nobody who is an expert in Bitcoin ever sends a transaction with a small fee, it takes forever to confirm if your fee isnt at least 25000 Sats or so.
legendary
i just checked right now and the cash out came through 4 hours ago although it has zero confirms for whatever reason.  

Yes but its been like this pretty much for an entire year. Should be common sense to most people to not include a small 10000 Sats miner fee because it will take a very long time to confirm. I learnt this the hard way once when using the Bitcoin Core client and haven't made the mistake since.

I remember when I withdrew my finds it took a couple of days and that was when there not so many transactions on the network - it's in nobodies interests to have the tx fee at such a low rate...
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
These delays are a result of the flooded Bitcoin network, not SatoshiDice per se, as previous posters have pointed out.

@lite- thanks for that.  But i just checked right now and the cash out came through 4 hours ago although it has zero confirms for whatever reason.  
Even though you asked for the TX id, I wouldn't have been able to give it to you cause once the screen at top processes the cash out with the txt id, it disappears right afterwards.  
You can find the TX id by searching for the recipient address on blockchain.info

The solution for SatoshiDice would be either
a) make the TX fee dynamic
b) let the withdrawing user choose the TX fee on their own

I have suggested this in the past
Pages:
Jump to: