Pages:
Author

Topic: Say. If somebody built another small miner... - page 2. (Read 2379 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
A new 200gh/s stick from gekkoscience is mentioned in the email

ahh for a usb - and I didnt get that email Sad

Neither did I and I have purchased from them before. Its got my spidey senses tingling now at the anticipation of a new Gekko product  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490

ahh for a usb - and I didnt get that email Sad
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
legendary
I think 419 mining emailed me about this miner being offered today

about which miner? the new one? or one of the existing ones?
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
I think 419 mining emailed me about this miner being offered today
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I don't have any solid news right now, but we're working on some stuff that should be pretty exciting here shortly. The rest of this year, if plans stay on track, is going to be a lot of fun.
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
Update?

But a preorder link would be way better  Wink
I agree. sidehack's gear has been phenomenal so far, and I trust the product. Even though Apollo looks, and based on reviews on here, sounds like a good product, I truck the gekkoscience brand and would gladly pre-order if it would help get new gekkoscience gear to us home miners.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Yes if its quiet like a Noctua fan and tiny. But that 200+GH USB stick is something i want!
Activity: 3
A lot of us already own Sidehack’s hardware. I’m happy to support GREAT engineering.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Sidehack does not do pre-orders. Personally, I have always felt that taking pre-orders without a proven product is a highly unethical practice.

The miner is a work in progress and until his products are built, tested, and parts sourced for production he does not offer them for sale.  Smiley
Update?

But a preorder link would be way better  Wink
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
I personally would love one. Getting back into crypto after a long hiatus, would love to set up a mini plug&play rig that can hold it's own against the mass of ASICs nowadays. Still have a have a block eruptor in a desk somewhere, have fond memories of that lil guy Smiley
Activity: 28
So its been a couple of months now since you proposed the idea and from what I've read you have a big thumbs up for the go ahead.

Is there an update forthcoming on what you're dreaming up? My R606 and 8 newpacs are looking for a new friend.  I also ordered the standalone miner from Apollo so waiting on that one to arrive.

Anything home BTC miner related is a big swing in the right direction so I will continue to support any company or persons that develop them.
Count me in!

Sidehack, I’m a “long time listener, first time caller”. Your hardware is solid. Here to support you and your builds. Put me down for 2.
Activity: 114
Merit: 151
Yup I'd be interested as well.  Still have my 2 R606's and 4 newpacs running and have been for the most part trouble free. One pod had a fan die in it but was easy enough for me to rig up a couple of fans to it.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
I would buy another R606 like miner if it was developed, my R606 which i bought in 2019 still works after almost 2 years

Would you expect any less from a Gekkoscience product  Grin
Activity: 71
Merit: 11
I would buy another R606 like miner if it was developed, my R606 which i bought in 2019 still works after almost 2 years
Activity: 24
sign me up also! Thanks
legendary
just now seeing this thread, I am stoked - if you need anyone to test one, I would like to volunteer - I am sure you have no shortage of volunteers Smiley

either way, I look forward to seeing what you do. I love my r606's had 4 of them but my son now has 2 of them.
Activity: 6
I suppose there are sides to being a good seller although responsibility for unit / user malfunction cannot entirely be a fault of the seller. I think cooling in gaming style cases has improved leaps and bounds over the last decade... the power supply is a third party addition, utilising the pcie blanks for spacing with  some kind of custom cradle for a tek-fix to the case / chassis would possibly work? Those custom milled heat sinks could be turned down a notch and hey presto -- a scalable blade based system  Grin --- you could prohibit user malfunction with the heat sinks.
Pages:
Jump to: