Pages:
Author

Topic: Say. If somebody built another small miner... - page 4. (Read 2366 times)

Activity: 358
Merit: 255
An S5 size package that can reuse the heat sinks and controllers would be awesome, I'll take 20-30 S5 worth lol.. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1836
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
That's a work in progress. We might be able to hit 300GH.

Also, the original idea mentioned in this thread has largely petered out. I was looking at a thing with a butt-ton of cheap 1397 running at bottom clock that I could put together quickly, but I think I'll move forward with new chips instead. The new Futurebit gear raises the stakes a little.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
So whats this 200GHs+ USB stick sidehack?

Newpac with new chips? Does it need extra juice? Will the GS hub handle it?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I'm down if you put up orders.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
@sidehack I am interested. I am still holding on to my old S1/S3 units in case you ever finish your upgrade kit idea.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
I'm basically interested too.
Which chip?
legendary
Guess I need to step up dev on my end. I'm way behind on R&D on account of manufacturing backlog and being shorthanded what with the plague we got going on. VH and I are working on some fun stuff, which includes having recently proved a USB connection like we use on NewPac and Terminus can exceed 4TH, but it takes more time than I have right now.
Activity: 277
Merit: 70
yeah, it's going to be $600 for the whole deal.  He set it up so you can add on the extra hashboards to the main unit or run it off of a raspberry pie with ha separate psu.
I think $349 is for a hash board only.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 6072
Crypto Swap Exchange
So now you have a baseline of what is going to be coming, futurebit who has been making LTC stuff for years is now going to be making a BTC miner.

https://www.futurebit.io

Going to be interesting to see if they actually make that price point & deliver but they have been doing it for years so I guess they know what they are doing at this point.

Edit: The 2T board is $349, the board + PS + controller with full node is $600

-Dave
legendary
Nothing real to report, just doing some testing and figured I'd check to see if people would care if that test turned into gear.

May be something, may be nothing. Depends on markets and other projects.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
So whats in the pipeline sidehack? Any spoiler photos? Any more details? Chips? size? Layout?
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
I'm interested to know more. 
Activity: 1138
Merit: 925
Yep I'd purchase one
Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
 Interested.

Always interested in hobby/home miners.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
Another option is make it fit mini ITX motherboard mounts so it could go in a mini-itx case for easy cooling - like this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T94W9YS.
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
sure, if it will be available in europe to. 140 W for 2 TH/s is an argument to buy it.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
Just setup 4 R606 from 419mining with your hub and an HP 1200 PSU.  Great little setup for lottery mining.

I would definitely be interested in something with more power - be nice to have 20+TH home mining Smiley

Even if you produced basically a motherboard full of asic chips that had atx/mtx etc mounting holes so it could easily be mounted in an open air frame like this https://www.amazon.com/Overclock-Computer-Aluminum-Chassis-Graphics/dp/B07YYZSYQ6.
Sign me up.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm interested. Please tell how much it cost, size and what about noise.
Also wanted to buy R606 but can't find anywhere.
Pages:
Jump to: