Pages:
Author

Topic: Say. If somebody built another small miner... - page 5. (Read 2371 times)

legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 6182
Crypto Swap Exchange
Depends on price.

Not to put too fine a point on it but you can get very high priced FPGAs to do 2TH @ 80W add in a bit for fan & such and you are still well under 100W. 145W although still nothing in the real world of power is still a big % over what is out there. I own several of just about everything you made, but unless this is really low cost I would have to pass.

-Dave
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Yes yes and another Yes!

I was tempted to get another 606 to replace my 6xnewpacs. But now i think ill wait.
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Interested depending on price point.  If it’s good I’d probably buy 10-15 just for kicks, plus it would be a reminder of how 20-30TH/s looks compared to my racks full of hardware in 16 lol!  Plus could just let it play the lotto.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I'll buy one and do a review for it! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
I would grab 1 or 2

I assume  they are small sized.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2490
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Would definitely be interested in a couple to point at my Kanopool solo account along with your sticks that are already happily mining there.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Also I live by Miami now, quite a bit warmer than Wisconsin would that be a problem you think?

I live in a country with a very hot climate, and even when temps are pretty high, I can get away with 50% fan speed on S9 which uses two 12cm fans, and 50% speed is 2500-3000rpm, provided that I underclock the miner to 10th or so, where power consumption is below or right about 1000w, 140 watts worth of heat is really nothing serious, it can be really silent and run in a hot climate.

@sidehack, sadly, I am not a hobby miner and thus I won't be interested in small mining pods, although I think 2terahash per second at 140w is a great achievement, and I have always admired your work.

With that being said, if the price is right, I might be interested in 1 or 2 of them just to solo mine on ckpool.

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Wouldn't have a fancy shiney case or milled heatsinks. The 606 takes freaking FOREVER to build, what with all the custom metalwork. Going fast and simple here. Quiet I guess depends on how much of a 120mm fan it takes to clear 140 watts. Sure won't be a turbine.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Have a price point in mind?  Would it still be quiet?

Also I live by Miami now, quite a bit warmer than Wisconsin would that be a problem you think?
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
Same concept as your 606? I would be interested.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
...that ran around 2TH over USB from around 145W (12V PCIe), would anyone buy it?
Pages:
Jump to: