Pages:
Author

Topic: SBF-Ross Ulbricht - page 8. (Read 3137 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 294
February 03, 2023, 01:32:55 PM
For Bible believers, All sin are equal in the sight of God. And in our normal society no one is above the law, So if someone has committed an offense that is punishable by law, be it killing, armed robbery, cyber crimes or Fraudulent practices and in one way or the other be a sponsor to such things, Then if found guilty the offender should go face the law and if it involves going to the prison or jail, the person should be there to learn some lessons. The bottom line is wether SBF, Ross Ulbricht no one is above the law and both should go to prison if found guilty of their acts.
But in reality I don't believe he'd have any trouble at all. He was paying too many people in high places and his well-connected parents would be pulling every rope they had to keep SBF in Federal Camp with a simple sentence in exchange for silence where all the money went.

I also hope that both of them are not above the law, both of them must receive punishment for every deed they have done. All crimes in the eyes of the judge are the same, don't be sharp towards people below, but blunt towards people who have money.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 03, 2023, 11:56:47 AM
SBF is a talented person.

Talented to such a level that he failed to keep his company alive, and at the same time he managed to destroy the lives of countless people, some of whom probably committed suicide. People like Bankman are a danger to society and should be banned from any business involving finance and investment.
Yes such an incident happened with Luna and that time also many people committed suicide this news is available. And after FTX Bankruptcy, it is natural that there will be many suicides case  because it was the largest exchange after Binance and millions of users deposited and traded here. Meanwhile I also believe and feel that SBF has no right to play with someone's life so he should be punished accordingly.

The suicide news about luna is fake and there's no evidence show that this incident is real so maybe someone fake this story to spread more fuds towards the incident happened to that coin.

You can read this article about this situation here https://www.thereportertimes.com/technology/fake-suicide-news-went-viral-after-terra-luna-coin-crash/
It could be fake news but at the time these events seemed to be true.  Because millions of investors have lost more than billions of dollars due to the Luna crash. So incidents like suicide were common then and I saw many tweets like that but I don't know how true this was. However, due to FTX bankruptcy, investors have suffered several times more losses than luna. So in this case incidents like suicide can happen.

SBF is a talented person. Who was so talented that he answered all their questions in a video chat with the SEQUOIA company while playing video games. And SEQUOIA agreed to invest $210 million in his company. SBF was so talented that even a company like SEQUOIA Capital didn't have the guts to ask as investor why he was playing video games on a important meeting.  and When Elon Musk wanted to buy Twitter, SBF tweeted that it was willing to pay Musk $2-3 billion if he invested in FTX.  And FTX was the fastest growing exchange.
But unfortunately FTX became Bancroft overnight. Because when Binance CEO CZ_Binance tweeted that they will sell all FTT tokens they hold, investors panicked and started selling too. and  SBF company FTX was stored most of their funds through FTT tokens so meanwhile FTT crashed and FTX company eventually went bankrupt.

By all accounts, it appears that SBF is a very talented person, but that does not mean that he is able to break the law with impunity. Based on information available and accusations that I deem reasonable, it appears that SBF made some decisions that lead to FTX losing billions of dollars of customer money, and in the process, I understand that SBF broke laws.
No one has the right to break any law not just SBF.  And if he breaks the law, he must be punished, otherwise he will continue to do such acts repeatedly.  And thus he will not hesitate to commit crimes
Activity: 784
Merit: 544
February 03, 2023, 02:46:05 AM
For Bible believers, All sin are equal in the sight of God. And in our normal society no one is above the law, So if someone has committed an offense that is punishable by law, be it killing, armed robbery, cyber crimes or Fraudulent practices and in one way or the other be a sponsor to such things, Then if found guilty the offender should go face the law and if it involves going to the prison or jail, the person should be there to learn some lessons. The bottom line is wether SBF, Ross Ulbricht no one is above the law and both should go to prison if found guilty of their acts.
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1898
Amazon Prime Member #7
February 03, 2023, 02:13:26 AM
SBF is a talented person. Who was so talented that he answered all their questions in a video chat with the SEQUOIA company while playing video games. And SEQUOIA agreed to invest $210 million in his company. SBF was so talented that even a company like SEQUOIA Capital didn't have the guts to ask as investor why he was playing video games on a important meeting.  and When Elon Musk wanted to buy Twitter, SBF tweeted that it was willing to pay Musk $2-3 billion if he invested in FTX.  And FTX was the fastest growing exchange.
But unfortunately FTX became Bancroft overnight. Because when Binance CEO CZ_Binance tweeted that they will sell all FTT tokens they hold, investors panicked and started selling too. and  SBF company FTX was stored most of their funds through FTT tokens so meanwhile FTT crashed and FTX company eventually went bankrupt.

By all accounts, it appears that SBF is a very talented person, but that does not mean that he is able to break the law with impunity. Based on information available and accusations that I deem reasonable, it appears that SBF made some decisions that lead to FTX losing billions of dollars of customer money, and in the process, I understand that SBF broke laws.

RU/DPR also made decisions that led to SR1 customers losing money. Although the FBI seized all of SR1's coin, at the time, SR1 was shut down, I understand it was insolvent. This is in addition to the murder-for-hire issues that others have mentioned that RU/DPR allegedly was involved in (some of this may have been entrapment, however, I am not bound by the constitution when it comes to forming my personal opinion). RU/DPR was involved in drug trafficking, which ultimately leads to many people suffering, and dying.

I think both deserve serious jail time. SBF is politically connected, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him either get a sweetheart deal or the case thrown by the DOJ. I don't think it was an accident that SBF was spending so much on Democrats.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
February 03, 2023, 01:43:50 AM

Talented to such a level that he failed to keep his company alive, and at the same time he managed to destroy the lives of countless people, some of whom probably committed suicide. People like Bankman are a danger to society and should be banned from any business involving finance and investment.
Yes such an incident happened with Luna and that time also many people committed suicide this news is available. And after FTX Bankruptcy, it is natural that there will be many suicides case  because it was the largest exchange after Binance and millions of users deposited and traded here. Meanwhile I also believe and feel that SBF has no right to play with someone's life so he should be punished accordingly.

The suicide news about luna is fake and there's no evidence show that this incident is real so maybe someone fake this story to spread more fuds towards the incident happened to that coin.

You can read this article about this situation here https://www.thereportertimes.com/technology/fake-suicide-news-went-viral-after-terra-luna-coin-crash/

But its really good to get updates about the case so that people will now about the current status of SBF since many want to see him rot in jail.
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
February 02, 2023, 10:30:43 PM
Although his establishment led to many criminal activities yet I think Ross Ulbricht's punishment is too harsh. His offense is a common one in our cities, the only difference was that he wanted to promote the privacy of his clients. He had no intention to scam or steal people's money like SBF he just facilitated illegal trade and made huge gains from it. Although the claim that he arranged for the assassination of some people who threatened to expose his enterprise and his refusal to accept a plea deal contributed to the harsh sentence. He would have gotten at most ten years sentence if all these factors were not against him.

Drugs indeed harm the populace but SBF should receive a higher sentence because he intentionally deceived and scammed people. Some persons have committed suicide, while others are going through financial and health challenges because of the loss of funds in FTX.

I agree with you when Luna started scamming the market it wiped out thousands of people's wealth.  At that time I was a small trading trader and I also had some Luna Invests.  If punishment Know Do-hyung I think it should be..
Ross Ulbricht On my behalf I find him guilty.  But his punishment was comparatively less because he should have been hanged.  Because thousands of people have lost their wealth on the streets.  He should be punished in such a way that he doesn't get a chance to make the mistake a second time.  

Ross Ulbricht
Hanging!  Hanging!!  Hanging!!!
Ross Ulbricht and Sam Bankman-Fried are Americans and not from China, Thailand, Malaysia, or Saudi Arabia where corruption or drug dealings attracts capital punishment.

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 01, 2023, 05:10:21 AM

As far as punishment goes, I think both men deserve long prison sentences, although I'm pretty sure Bankman won't be treated nearly as harshly as Ross Ulbricht, and I think that is also logical considering the accusations against them. What may raise doubts about a fair trial in the case of FTX is the fact that this company financed various politicians and political organizations, and had business ties with many influential US companies, and it remains to be seen whether this will affect the verdict.
Long term imprisonment may not be a suitable punishment for them they should be granted long remand as this sentence may bring them out of their dirty thoughts. But it is also true that since he had connections with various influential people and also with politicians, it is doubtful that they would be sanctioned potential  punishment.
Activity: 119
Merit: 38
Yo! Member
February 01, 2023, 04:28:45 AM
Many investors invested in FTX with loans from banks. And when they heard the news of FTX bankruptcy, many investors chose to commit suicide after hearing such news.
Didn't they read the disclaimer such as...
"Don't invest that you can not afford to lose"

There should be such long disclaimers and there were but the greedy people never care to read or listen. When they see easy money they go all in.

Those who lost are responsible for their own loss. They should be guilty as mush as SBF. Sorry I am not advocating for him but these people can not deny their part of wrong doing too.

If investors losing funds is the only reason for his guilt then all the ICOs that are gone are criminal. In the stock market when share price is down and people loss everything then where is your judgement call? Even when any coin drops 90% value then we should be putting the project management to jail following the logic of investors loss.
Activity: 490
Merit: 309
Bitcoin Halving Year 🎗️🎭
February 01, 2023, 04:17:54 AM
The criminal that Ross Ulbricht did was definitely a very dangerous and dangerous website for the whole world. He operated 'Silk Road' known as The Onion Router or Tor network. And more than $200 million in illegal drugs and other illegal products and drugs were bought and sold on that site, which earned him a life sentence in prison. I think he has been given enough punishment for committing this crime and a life sentence is well deserved.

SBF is the infamous collapse of cryptocurrency exchanges and has ruined the money of billions of investors around the world. Many investors invested in FTX with loans from banks. And when they heard the news of FTX bankruptcy, many investors chose to commit suicide after hearing such news. and eventually he was arrested with criminal charges filed against him by the United States government. And he was convicted on eight counts of fraud and sentenced to 115 years in prison.  But a special plea deal allowed him to live under house arrest with his family.
 But I think SBF should have been jailed for such a punishable crime because he has looted the dreams of crores of people.
Sam Bankman Fried's sentence was much less than that of Ross Ulbricht. Sam Bankman Fried's sentence should have been more severe.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
January 31, 2023, 07:01:05 PM
When Ulbricht launched Silk Road, he probably didn't have any bad intentions, so we should consider that when judging him.
But yes, Ulbrichts actions resulted in a lot of damage.
The early days of when Bitcoin was launched, many criminals abused it and unfortunately a lot of them gathered on Silk Road for criminal business.
The dust settled now, the criminal use of Bitcoin is decreasing and maybe one day, Ulbricht will be released from jail. I would not rule it out.  Smiley

Since the option of "none of them" has been added in the poll, I think one more option should have been added - "both of them".
Good point, I would also like to see such an option, since it would change the outcome probably. And you can't vote for both in OP's poll.

For this gentleman I fell into FTX Token Scam in November 2022 worth $1500.
Sad to hear, mate! I hope it isn't all of your money and you had most of your money in a private wallet.
Always make sure, that you don't store your valuable coins on exchanges.
It's even more risky than trading!

They cannot be compared, but its illogical one is in prison and one is free... If Ross payed for killing, then he should be in prison... for the rest I can see something which started with a good idea, with a lot of freedom etc ....
SBF is a scam from the start and we will never know what exactly happened with politicians etc but for sure a lot happened which hurt lots of people
Like I said, there is nothing logical in this clown world, especially if you are watching mainstream brainwashing all the time.
That's a slogan often used mostly by fascists who don't have any arguments left, so these fascists claim it's all "brainwashing by msm". In reality the world is much more complex that in the heads of these extremists.
In general, the concept of "msM bAd" is antithetical to what an educated person would do: hear all the arguments, evaluate the arguments and look at the education of the people voicing the arguments. For example, a gardener is probably a bad source for planetary science and so on.  Cheesy Cheesy

The funny thing: the conspiracy nut crowd has started producing a massive amount of lies over the last 5 years (probably more than over the last 25 years combined), and that will become a big problem for the conspiracy theorists as more and more of it is proven as a lie. Nobody willtake them serios anymore at some point.

Regardless, the claim that Ross Ulbricht is innocent is not something I believe. He was aware that millions of dangerous illegal trades were taking place on the Silk Road, but he did nothing about it.
As far as I know, Ulbricht admitted that SilkRoad has been a mistake.
I also expect he was not fully aware, that Silk Road would get abused like that.
And personally, I would always re-evaluate an imprisonment if that person had admitted their mistake and if the person still is a danger for society.
I don't know if that's a valid argument since I’m not a lawyer but when releasing someone from prison, we should also consider: how likely is it, that the person who's currently in jail will do crimes again, when he's released?
Is it more beneficial for society to keep him in prison or is it more beneficial to release him?
And for Ulbricht, I believe, it wouldn’t hurt to release him.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
January 31, 2023, 03:04:22 PM
Little busy these days, gonna read up soon-ish, thx for the input already
Activity: 588
Merit: 223
January 31, 2023, 10:24:26 AM

Ross Ulbricht ,This man is currently serving life imprisonment for his involvement in the Silk Road scam.  The government sentenced him to life imprisonment without parole.
He imprisoned his two life times + 40 more years.

I've read books about Ross Ulbricht's life before and during the Silk Road, his story breaks my heart... it's so unfair for him to be sentenced to life in prison for what he did.

SBF was sentenced to 115 years in prison for his crimes, but his father will spend time in family custody with a $250M bond.
Yes bond to parents home only worth $25m and so house arrest also $250m short bond to put in let's see what other games they will play and give it to him.
I think a lot of political money and celebrity money that was given by him not to give he a lot of hope I'm wrong and he was locked up for 115 years and it didn't turn into a circus.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
January 31, 2023, 09:04:33 AM
I believe that SBF and Ross Ulbricht ought to receive the same life sentences.

Can't you read?

Ross already has a life sentence, since like 10 years ago.

I am aware of the Ulbricht verdict years ago. The poll asks which between SBF and Ulbricht deserved the longer prison sentence. And I just answered that both SBF and Ulbricht ought to receive the same life sentences.
LDL
Activity: 560
Merit: 581
January 31, 2023, 07:55:19 AM

Ross Ulbricht ,This man is currently serving life imprisonment for his involvement in the Silk Road scam.  The government sentenced him to life imprisonment without parole.
He imprisoned his two life times + 40 more years.

SBF was sentenced to 115 years in prison for his crimes, but his father will spend time in family custody with a $250M bond.

Ruja Ignatova scammed her own project "OneCoin" in 2016 and disappeared with the equivalent of $4 billion at the time. The FBI has announced a top ten hot list for her and this beautiful lady has so far been hiding from the eyes of the law.

What kind of punishment do you wish for her?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
January 31, 2023, 07:32:44 AM
I believe that SBF and Ross Ulbricht ought to receive the same life sentences.

Can't you read?

Ross already has a life sentence, since like 10 years ago.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
January 31, 2023, 07:26:39 AM
I believe that SBF and Ross Ulbricht ought to receive the same life sentences. It is annoying that SBF was placed only under house arrest due to the connections he and his family established to many high ranking officials and the Democrats. Users suffered a loss of 8 billion dollars as a result of the FTX collapse. The sum is significantly greater than the money involved in the case of Ross Ulbricht. Regardless, the claim that Ross Ulbricht is innocent is not something I believe. He was aware that millions of dangerous illegal trades were taking place on the Silk Road, but he did nothing about it.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
January 31, 2023, 06:58:28 AM
I agree with you when Luna started scamming the market it wiped out thousands of people's wealth.  At that time I was a small trading trader and I also had some Luna Invests.  If punishment Know Do-hyung I think it should be..
Ross Ulbricht On my behalf I find him guilty.  But his punishment was comparatively less because he should have been hanged.  Because thousands of people have lost their wealth on the streets.  He should be punished in such a way that he doesn't get a chance to make the mistake a second time. 

Ross Ulbricht
Hanging!  Hanging!!  Hanging!!!

That doesn't make any sense. Execution is reserved for cases of murder. It is not applied to drug dealers, hackers, etc. And also, Ross didn't scam anyone (unlike the tin foil hat on the right). The FBI seized the bitcoins of Silk Road. So why are you claiming the customers were robbed by him?
Activity: 1526
Merit: 506
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
January 31, 2023, 03:58:07 AM

Ross Ulbricht was the director of a darknet marketplace. Where criminal activities including drug and arms sales took place. Users of that site pay using cryptocurrency whose identity remains anonymous. Finally he was accused of various criminal activities including money laundering, hacking. He was convicted of various misdemeanors and imprisoned.

There is no need to say anything new about this gentleman named Sam Bankman-Fried, another biggest criminal at the present time. What he did, didn't just hurt anyone personally, he caused a temporary big loss to the cryptocurrency world. He should be punished in such a way that it can be marked as an example to others. This person killed my long saved money and trust. I just wish like all others exemplary punishment. I know i will never get that money back but it will give me great satisfaction if his punishment is confirmed.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 30, 2023, 09:25:41 PM
Since the option of "none of them" has been added in the poll, I think one more option should have been added - "both of them".
Although I don't know much about Ross Ulbricht, after looking at various sources, if the Silk Road incident is true, I think he and the current SBF should be sentenced to life imprisonment.
Moreover, I would like to mention one more person name with these two people who is the founder of Terra-Luna Kwon Do-hyung, although after the arrest of SBF Kwon Do-hyung has been issued an Interpol red notice and he is currently living in Serbia. If the Lunar incident is dismissed simply because of his responsibility, then I think it would be wrong And I think he should be also punished. Due to this irresponsibility of him, many people took to the streets and many have committed suicide.
news source

I agree with you when Luna started scamming the market it wiped out thousands of people's wealth.  At that time I was a small trading trader and I also had some Luna Invests.  If punishment Know Do-hyung I think it should be..
Ross Ulbricht On my behalf I find him guilty.  But his punishment was comparatively less because he should have been hanged.  Because thousands of people have lost their wealth on the streets.  He should be punished in such a way that he doesn't get a chance to make the mistake a second time.  

Ross Ulbricht
Hanging!  Hanging!!  Hanging!!!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
January 30, 2023, 12:05:38 PM

As far as punishment goes, I think both men deserve long prison sentences, although I'm pretty sure Bankman won't be treated nearly as harshly as Ross Ulbricht, and I think that is also logical considering the accusations against them. What may raise doubts about a fair trial in the case of FTX is the fact that this company financed various politicians and political organizations, and had business ties with many influential US companies, and it remains to be seen whether this will affect the verdict.
Pages:
Jump to: