Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAM EXCHANGE: Openchange (Openchange.cash) (PARTIALLY SOLVED) - page 6. (Read 1458 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Openchange.cash's Contact page shows an email address. No phone number, no company address, no country of origin. That alone is reason enough to never send them any documents, and I'm pretty sure such an anonymous company doesn't care about "combating the financing of terrorism" and the other big words in their AML policy. They like to refer to "international law", which is as broad as it can be:
It's funny that you signed up to use openchange.cash but did not read their ToS and AML policy that were right there before you confirmed
~
Sincerely, who is to blame here?
Did you sign up on gun point?
It doesn't worry you that an anonymous entity demands people to share their legal documents? It worries me! I'm okay with legit companies following the law in the country they're registered in. I'm also okay with totally anonymous services that solely rely on their reputation.
But I'm not okay with anonymous entities cherry picking which rules do or don't apply to them.

They call it a privacy policy, but it has nothing to do with that.
Activity: 429
Merit: 52
Check this out: https://www.fatf-gafi.org/media/fatf/documents/recommendations/Updated-Guidance-VA-VASP.pdf

Not illegal, but without laws, still applied in a weird way, courts rulled 95% of time against the use of mixers
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
To protect your privacy ? If owners of that site got caught
Got caught for what? Accepting bitcoin? There's no regulation that forbids the acceptance of "tainted" coins, because there are no "tainted" coins to begin with.

To protect my privacy is a good way to put it.
I'm glad you agree.

At least let people who use your laundry service knows how dangerous and illegal act they doing don't put it there like it's okay to use the service.
There's nothing dangerous nor illegal to using a mixer. Money laundering being illegal doesn't make mixing illegal just because a minority does both.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
To protect your privacy ? If owners of that site got caught Wich for sure someday as it's a service mostly must be in the deep web it's like life in prison money laundry is not a joke buddy.
Citation needed. All the evidence we have shows that a very small minority of coins which pass through mixers are associated with illicit activity, and the vast majority come from users simply looking to protect themselves from the mass surveillance of centralized exchanges.

Im sure now you connected by some rdp or onion browser to reply here
I mean, yes, but what's that got to do with anything?

At least let people who use your laundry service knows how dangerous and illegal act they doing don't put it there like it's okay to use the service.
Mixers aren't illegal.

Here just one example if small mixer operator got himself caught
https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-mixers-are-illegal-and-anonymity-is-dangerous/
The operator was arrested for operating an unlicensed money transmitter. That does not mean mixers are illegal. Also, coingeek is a CSW scam site.

To the OP don't go around saying to people I use Chipmixer and send your KYC ... You will get your self in serious troubles. Hope you realize what you are doing.
Hey everyone. I use ChipMixer.
Chipmixer is not recommended to use as mixer, it is detected 80-85% of cases.
It is trivial to detect coins which have come from ChipMixer due to their unique chip funding transactions, but that's not the point. The whole point of a mixer is to break the link between deposit and withdrawal, which ChipMixer does better than any other mixer out there. If some scammy centralized service is attacking bitcoin's fungibility by refusing mixed coins, then the solution is not to give up your privacy but rather to never use that service.

Try to use coinjoin wassabi, but there you have to extremly careful (there are some settings you need to apply) for a real mix.
Wasabi spies on its users. If you want privacy, you should never use Wasabi.

I will try to find a paper from last year where it is very nice described how chipmixer coins were followed in a couple of ransomware cases; this is why i specified regarding wassabi that you may need to some custom changes to it.

Try to use coinjoin wassabi, but there you have to extremly careful (there are some settings you need to apply) for a real mix.
aew
Activity: 141
Merit: 7
I would avoid using anti-privacy currency exchangers. Their privacy policy essentially reveals they treat bitcoin as non-fungible.

It's funny that you signed up to use openchange.cash but did not read their ToS and AML policy that were right there before you confirmed
What's even funnier is that you have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing in their policy which prevents someone from using mixed funds. All they say is that they disapprove "suspicious" transactions, whatever the hell that means:
Chipmixer is for coin laundry.
ChipMixer exists to protect your privacy. Thanks.

The funds have an AML score of 94.89999999999999 according to my system. It is clearly 100% money laundering and they had all the right to take your funds if they have any kind of AML policy.
Wanna share us how you calculate money-laundering score according to the chain?
To protect your privacy ? If owners of that site got caught Wich for sure someday as it's a service mostly must be in the deep web it's like life in prison money laundry is not a joke buddy.  
To protect my privacy is a good way to put it.
Im sure now you connected by some rdp or onion browser to reply here
Here just one example if small mixer operator got himself caught
https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-mixers-are-illegal-and-anonymity-is-dangerous/

To the OP don't go around saying to people I use Chipmixer and send your KYC ... You will get your self in serious troubles. Hope you realize what you are doing.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
Chipmixer is not recommended to use as mixer, it is detected 80-85% of cases.
It is trivial to detect coins which have come from ChipMixer due to their unique chip funding transactions, but that's not the point. The whole point of a mixer is to break the link between deposit and withdrawal, which ChipMixer does better than any other mixer out there. If some scammy centralized service is attacking bitcoin's fungibility by refusing mixed coins, then the solution is not to give up your privacy but rather to never use that service.

Wasabi spies on its users. If you want privacy, you should never use Wasabi.

Openchange's terms, which Bitcoin_Arena has linked to above, are pretty clear. Incredibly scummy, but still clear. OP should have read them before sending his coins. You could maybe try arguing based on point 7.6 - that you have the right to independently verify the result of their risk assessment. As you say, the coins came directly from ChipMixer, so claiming they are "100% anything" is just an outright lie. They have no idea, and their risk assessment is wrong.

And I must say, the way they are handling this issue on https://www.bestchange.com/openchange-exchanger.html is atrocious. This should be a warning for everyone to steer well clear of this service.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
I would avoid using anti-privacy currency exchangers. Their privacy policy essentially reveals they treat bitcoin as non-fungible.

What's even funnier is that you have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing in their policy which prevents someone from using mixed funds. All they say is that they disapprove "suspicious" transactions, whatever the hell that means:
Chipmixer is for coin laundry.
ChipMixer exists to protect your privacy. Thanks.

The funds have an AML score of 94.89999999999999 according to my system. It is clearly 100% money laundering and they had all the right to take your funds if they have any kind of AML policy.
Wanna share us how you calculate money-laundering score according to the chain?

Chipmixer is not recommended to use as mixer, it is detected 80-85% of cases. Try to use coinjoin wassabi, but there you have to extremly careful (there are some settings you need to apply) for a real mix.
aew
Activity: 141
Merit: 7
But OP you know that Chipmixer is to lose track of the source if the coins used by people who want to hide the track
How they knew it's from Chipmixer? You just went saying to them the funds is mixed ! ? I don't blame them then
Chipmixer is for coin laundry. Add to it TO Monero the other untraceable coin .
It doesn't need a bot to mark you in a red flag just hear Chipmixer and Monero I think you too obtained that coins illegally otherwise why laundering it at the mixer and then Monero?
Activity: 7
Merit: 49
Please read my post again.

I have used Bitcoin! BTC!

Not Payin and I don't know even know what is Payin and how it works.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
yeah that's certainly one thing I've learned, is never put any money into anything with a TOS without reading it first completely for sure.

I can see chipmixer addresses being flagged as well by the terms of that TOS, I bet they just googled your sending address and went uh, nope.... So I'm not really too surprised I guess... Sorry for the loss OP. Tongue
copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

Sincerely, who is to blame here?
Did you sign up on gun point?
1. https://openchange.cash/terms_of_service/

2. https://openchange.cash/privacy_policy/

Activity: 7
Merit: 49
What happened:

It was supposed to be instant exchange. They have good reputation on BestChange.

When you go to their site all they ask you is the direction and email address.

I have tried to exchange 0.256 BTC, one ChipMixer's chip, to Monero.

After receiving enough confirmations they changed order status to "Mistake" and accused me of trying to money launder stolen funds. According to their AML bot funds that I have sent are stolen. I have tried to explain them what Chipmixer is and it was a waste of time. They keep insisting on:"Risk of your transaction - Stolen 100.00%".

Conversation was going on inside their internal "messages" and now I can't find all that they asked me to refund me, but it was from source of funds, who sent me, conversations and screenshots, can't even remember everything and in the end KYC (ID, selfie, etc), but most of what they asked I couldn't provide even if I wanted to. It's the first part about source, who, how, links, transactions, conversations, crazy.

"Risk of your transaction - Stolen 100.00%. You've tried to launder dirty money through us....Refund will be possible after receiving from you supporting documents. Now it looks like you stole money from the victim and failed to launder it."

I kept asking them just to return funds to the same address from which they received the payment. And they keep repeating that they can do it after I send them all "supporting documents"

Amount Scammed: 0.25598350 BTC ($4,838.92)

Proof of Payment: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/1f393532c18ac21a21b17ea890579a6d071f008400b2c73ced357cd59fe194d3

PM/Chat Logs: Some of them disappeared from their internal messages system (I don't see old messages) and I haven't took a screenshots, but there is a public conversation on https://www.bestchange.com/openchange-exchanger.html

UPDATE:

A couple of days after public posts, threats that I will expose their previous wrongdoings, their use of fake identities and everything else that I have found, and proved them that I do have some info, like names and addresses of their Australian Paypal accounts, that I will report them to every hosting, domain registrar, etc. they accepted to process my exchange after answering a few questions, without KYC, but to keep 10% as fee because transaction is high risk.
So, I got 90% back.

Just to let everyone know, they have at least one more site: imexchanger.pro

I'm finished here.

Pages:
Jump to: