Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam projects, what should we do! - page 25. (Read 4333 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 15
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
October 20, 2018, 04:42:22 AM
This year we have witnessed many scams projects that we have invest in more than others years.  I think scamming activities is high this year more than others years and I will like to find out the way out of this. Are we going to find solutions for this by developing more security projects? I think we can kick scammers from icos market and if we can not do this governments should come in and help this market.

Governments should come in and help this market. This is what we are looking forward to. I know that there are still many people who are opposed to the participation of governments in crypto, but it turns out that crypto market cannot guarantee fairness and transparency by autonomy alone,because ICO scammers can do anything without fear of being legally sanctioned now.
Activity: 277
Merit: 100
October 20, 2018, 04:31:13 AM
This year we have witnessed many scams projects that we have invest in more than others years.  I think scamming activities is high this year more than others years and I will like to find out the way out of this. Are we going to find solutions for this by developing more security projects? I think we can kick scammers from icos market and if we can not do this governments should come in and help this market.
Of course, we should strongly condemn and denounce the community. Because i think a worm that smells like a crypto market. I wonder when scam projects happen only to the campaign manager is subtracted the truth and it is still so light in this form that the project organization must be responsible to our community.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
October 20, 2018, 04:25:22 AM
There certainly no ways to solve occurrences of scams, but definitely it has lessen since cryptomarket has done for awhile, like other field like banking and credit fraudster are everywhere still. In the end its still up to the people to identify these sort of fishy cases that happen around them, or being persuaded to do something, unfortunately there's nothing government could do, whitelisting projects doesnt mean they would be successful and in our society where money matter scam would always happen regardless to a small portion of victims
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
October 20, 2018, 04:19:50 AM
In the current crypto market, there are many SCAM projects. Therefore, we need to study carefully to make the right choice and stay away from fraudulent projects. It is desirable for the community to work together to develop and enforce a sanction for crackdown on phishing projects.
Activity: 448
October 20, 2018, 04:15:11 AM
I believe that in order to get rid of scam projects, the forum should have to push strict measures like screening the ICO's properly wherein these scam ICO's should not be allowed to have access using this forum in scamming people. People should also do a research on their plan ICO and screen properly during their selection. With this, I think that these scam ICO's will be prevented to operate if people will not support it since they already how to determine if an ICO is legitimate or not.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
October 20, 2018, 04:01:56 AM
I think the issue about the ico project that is scam lately is a problem that must be resolved together, especially we as a bitcointalk community. because basically, the dominant project bounty appears and develops here. first I really hope that the bounty manager is not careless in taking the project bounty to do, don't just focus on quantity but must look at the quality aspects of the project, the action taken by the moderator by giving red trust to several managers, this is a good step. besides that, we as bounties hunters must also be more selective, stopping to support projects that are perceived as less credible and suspicious.
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
October 20, 2018, 03:53:47 AM
maybe reporting the scam project development team to the authorities will deter the team that committed the fraud, and the impact on us, especially investors, will definitely get huge losses, but maybe it can be a lesson for us not to invest or participate in the project is scam again and more careful in choosing a project.
Activity: 364
Merit: 34
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
October 20, 2018, 03:08:17 AM
I think we can kick scammers from icos market ...

You "think" but we "can't". We can only avoid from fake teams, fake projects but cannot from real teams, real projects then still becoming scammers (like Bitconnect).

... and if we can not do this governments should come in and help this market.

Which governments? Cryptocurrency world is no border. Scammers are maybe come from any countries. And I think only international organizations can help the crypto world. But it will be a long time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
October 19, 2018, 01:41:05 PM
The best option is not to invest money in ICO/ So you will save your money and definitely not run into scams) I would advise you to better invest in already proven projects that are on the top exchanges and have a strong team. Such projects will live and develop constantly
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
October 19, 2018, 01:37:04 PM
very troubled by our destiny, as much as possible we should be able to avoid fraudulent projects that are increasingly many years before, an ICO project one of the others to develop our money capital to promote products with developers therefore it is an opportunity to commit fraud in order to gain a lot of profit by the developer for yourself, this is something that we must eliminate and the government must tighten the security system.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
October 19, 2018, 01:32:16 PM
we cannot eliminate that cancer in every industry. i believe that little efforts will be worth to do in this case. me, i posted on the announcement thread of my suspicious scam projects to give a warning on investors and hunters. i believe that those small efforts will count in fighting fraudsters
Activity: 445
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
October 19, 2018, 01:20:11 PM
The big problem is that the government can not enter the market. Scammers always find a way to escape the police. This is a large-scale international market, we need the SEC to come and protect us. But they have refused and the fraudulent ICO projects will continue. We have no other way to combat fraud.
Activity: 336
October 19, 2018, 01:16:40 PM
I also think that governments should regulate this area of activity, but unfortunately politicians turn a blind eye and only in some countries is the fight against fraud.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
October 19, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
Crypto market drove the attention of vast slice investors and intuitively bandles of scammers, I see that DAICO idea will disrupt this issue, but it still need investors to have knowledge about the technology.
Activity: 344
October 19, 2018, 01:05:24 PM
We can't do anything, many things are not what we done.
The only thing we can do is to find these scammers, expose them, report them, and expose their ugliness to everyone.
Activity: 770
Merit: 9
October 19, 2018, 01:02:07 PM

You've lost your marbles, sir.  No offense.

Advocating for the banks to come in and regulate ICOs to save us all the trouble, is EXACTLY WHAT THE BANKS WANT!

And don't forget, banks are the arch enemy of freedom and individual liberty -- not to mention, everything they touch always goes to crap.  Everything.  Period.  Always and forever.

In fact, we are in a time of history where the banks have never had more power and are looking to permanently seal the deal on the control of humanity.

Relying on banks = slavery

Personal due diligence = freedom

fiat fractional reserve currency = slavery

cryptocurrency = freedom

Maybe it's time for ICOs to figure out a way to gain people's trust.
Activity: 458
Merit: 112
October 19, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
There are so many SCAM projects.
I do know that there will be more of that.
How can we really not have them?
I want to know the basic and the thing we should have to not cross with them nor join them
i have been into many BOUNTY, i encountered more than 3 of them.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
October 19, 2018, 12:58:16 PM
Scam projects have become menace in the crypto world and have eaten deep into the fabric of cryptocurrency which is totally unacceptable and killing the enthusiasm of the investors and shutting out potential investors, what I think can be a lasting remedy is government coming in to regulate cryptocurrency fully to kick out scam completely in this space
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
October 19, 2018, 12:49:45 PM
Lots of scam projects are a real proof that cryptocurrency are getting the attention that it needs though I pity those people who fall for a scam projects. If Gov't will come in then I think it will be much better for investors cause they will have assurance that the one behind one project will think twice before doing that scam thing cause the Gov't should know who are the real founders of the group.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
October 19, 2018, 12:44:19 PM
There are community projects aimed at protecting people from scams.  These message boards even have a scam accusation section where anyone can announce a scam they have found.

I think Reden is interesting as an anti-scam effort and they may even blossom into something truly valuable as a security consulting firm regarding cryptocurrency.

Beyond that... I would just advise caution when calling something a scam.  Some scams truly are scams but some projects just take a long time to develop and sometimes lose value.  It may also not be fair to call a project a scam simply because some of the team leaves unless they leave as an exit scam by taking a lot of money.
Pages:
Jump to: