Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: Inaba - page 3. (Read 8336 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
May 31, 2013, 12:08:38 PM
I've got my popcorn ready when this entire BFL scandal blows up.

tick tock tick tock...

Though it would be GREAT if I got a jala before WebWarIII
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
May 31, 2013, 04:15:14 AM
I've got my popcorn ready when this entire BFL scandal blows up.
Activity: 784
May 30, 2013, 08:44:22 AM
I think the bottom line is: you can argue that as long as BFL has not defaulted yet, mods should not be in a place to make predictions, as they should only handout scammer tags based on facts of scamming. Otoh, if there is sufficient evidence that BFL hasn't reached their power traget, the bet between Inaba and Micon should be upheld, and Inaba should get a scammer tag if he refuses to pay up the 1000 BTCs.

Geez, as long as he doesn't flat out refuse to pay, he can take all the time in the world, right? Never mind the fact that he didn't put up the cash in escrow as specified and that it's been two months, it not like he (or the people he works with) have a track record for being hilariously late with stuff and or simply not delivering.

Oh, if their clients keep putting up with them, clinging to their preorders like it's the last straw grown on the bank of the river, why should the mods care? Suckers gonna find a way to screw themselves up anyway. Heck, if Theymos does give BFL the scammer tag, he may even find himself in waist-deep shit, as thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses, I can foresee that.

Once more for those who are having a seperate conversation; I'm not talking about the delays of BFL vaporware, simply using them as an example of hilarity in track record.

I couldn't give two shits about BFL getting tagged, that's about the greed and naïveté of their client base. I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet. Yes I find the split "one account to kinda stay profesionnal but not really and one account to flat out insult clients" method stupid, but it was allowed so that's that.

Stop trying to tag BFL in this thread.

I agree fully that given the precedence of MNW, Inaba should be fully taggable for his bet with Micon if the outcome is clear.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
May 30, 2013, 07:51:34 AM
I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet.
Of course.
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
May 30, 2013, 07:39:28 AM
I think the bottom line is: you can argue that as long as BFL has not defaulted yet, mods should not be in a place to make predictions, as they should only handout scammer tags based on facts of scamming. Otoh, if there is sufficient evidence that BFL hasn't reached their power traget, the bet between Inaba and Micon should be upheld, and Inaba should get a scammer tag if he refuses to pay up the 1000 BTCs.

Geez, as long as he doesn't flat out refuse to pay, he can take all the time in the world, right? Never mind the fact that he didn't put up the cash in escrow as specified and that it's been two months, it not like he (or the people he works with) have a track record for being hilariously late with stuff and or simply not delivering.

Oh, if their clients keep putting up with them, clinging to their preorders like it's the last straw grown on the bank of the river, why should the mods care? Suckers gonna find a way to screw themselves up anyway. Heck, if Theymos does give BFL the scammer tag, he may even find himself in waist-deep shit, as thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses, I can foresee that.

Once more for those who are having a seperate conversation; I'm not talking about the delays of BFL vaporware, simply using them as an example of hilarity in track record.

I couldn't give two shits about BFL getting tagged, that's about the greed and naïveté of their client base. I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet. Yes I find the split "one account to kinda stay profesionnal but not really and one account to flat out insult clients" method stupid, but it was allowed so that's that.

Stop trying to tag BFL in this thread.
legendary
May 30, 2013, 06:49:37 AM
thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses
Yes, he has a substantial share in that responsibility! He allowed scammers to advertise for too long while silencing all of us who tried to warn what is going on.
May 30, 2013, 06:19:22 AM

Activity: 495
Merit: 507
May 30, 2013, 05:47:04 AM

legendary
May 30, 2013, 03:04:45 AM
BFL most likely has elected to receive payments in USD not BTC. BitPay would automatically convert it then.
Only BitPay and BFL know how much of the received bitcoins they converted in $$ and how much they decided to keep in bitcoins! And this, my friend, is exactly the definition of a free option call BFL gets at the expense of their customers...

You profit in that if BTC goes up, you can cancel your preorder and rebuy - so you are holding something in USD and BTC, and choosing which one based on the prices.
This is actually a nonsense!

Case 1
I have 50 bitcoins.
I transfer 50 bitcoins to BFL
I receive 50 bitcoins refund for BFL fails to deliver.
Result: I have 50 bitcoins

Case 2
I have 50 bitcoins.
I don't transfer any bitcoins to BFL
Result: I have 50 bitcoins.

How do I profit from following Case 1 than following Case 2?

Please stop, you're not helping your cause.
If you have arguments, please tell them? If you don't, please don't tell me what to do!
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
May 30, 2013, 03:03:18 AM
You know the drill. An "untrustworthy" tag à la Matthew N. Wright could also be considered.

After getting scammertagged and then the community cools down, upgrade to Untrustworthy should be a community decision.

Second
May 30, 2013, 02:43:49 AM
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 30, 2013, 02:40:23 AM
To quote SgtSpike: "That is not pricing in Bitcoins.  That is asking for payment in Bitcoins in an amount equivalent to the USD pricing."

BFL most likely has elected to receive payments in USD not BTC. BitPay would automatically convert it then. You profit in that if BTC goes up, you can cancel your preorder and rebuy - so you are holding something in USD and BTC, and choosing which one based on the prices.

Please stop, you're not helping your cause.
legendary
May 30, 2013, 02:35:45 AM
The item is priced in USD, you are paying with BTC.
Again, this doesn't correspond to the truth! What does matter is not the price tag but the invoice! Invoice is the commercial paper that is presented in a court of law.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1460393

Like it or not, Bitcoin will never be used for commercial transactions if you can get free currency speculation.
BFL is using bitcoin for free currency speculation, not me. I had the bitcoins BEFORE I decided to transfer them to BFL!!! How do I profit if I sent 50 bitcoins to BFL and got exactly 50 bitcoins refunded?

8. ASIC startups strongly oppose full bitcoin refunds as they are a big profit source. Firstly, because bitcoin is still unregulated as a currency and as a method of payment and secondly, because receiving bitcoins and later refunding in $, gives those companies free option call to profit from BTC /$ exchange rates differences between payment and refund dates. Of course, what is profit for them is a loss for you!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/purchasing-bitcoin-asics-the-manual-136615

vip
👻
May 30, 2013, 02:18:13 AM
The item is priced in USD, you are paying with BTC.

Now Available for Order:

50 GH/s Bitcoin Miner - $2,499

Like it or not, Bitcoin will never be used for commercial transactions if you can get free currency speculation. You're attacking BFL with the wrong point.
legendary
May 30, 2013, 01:59:12 AM
If you buy an item from a shop in Europe using the Euros, you get the refund back in Euros.

If you pay it with a credit card with USD, the credit card company exchanges your USD to Euros. They do not care about USD, they got Euros.

This is what Bitpay does.
There is a big difference between credit card payments and a bitcoin payments. It is the currency of transaction!

Refund is just the reversal of a transaction. If you pay EUR from your USD run credit card, the transaction currency is EUR. This is why you get refund in EUR. You have a contract signed with your credit card issuing bank to make the currency conversions for you. This is YOUR bank that is making the currency conversions, not the merchant!

While making a payment in bitcoins the transaction currency is bitcoins, not USD. BitPay is making the currency conversion for BFL, not for BFL customers. BFL customers don't have any agreemnet signed with BitPay. BFL have! This why the invoice issued by BitPay on behalf of BFL has prices both in USD and bitcoins!

You should really read the thread I've pointed out!
vip
👻
May 30, 2013, 01:40:32 AM
If you buy an item from a shop in Europe using the Euros, you get the refund back in Euros.

If you pay it with a credit card with USD, the credit card company exchanges your USD to Euros. They do not care about USD, they got Euros.

This is what Bitpay does.

I doubt that BFL has not spent a single dollar of preorder money through, good luck to everyone getting a refund.
legendary
May 30, 2013, 01:31:40 AM
People are more than capable of getting their money back any time they please. And yes I know it's dollar denominated, every business does that, even outside the "bitcoin world".
That doesn't correspond to the truth. BFL refuses full bitcoin refunds - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wow-becoin-failed-to-read-and-comprehend-bfls-policy-on-btc-refunds-137026
I have warned people several months ago. What you did is change the title and lock the thread.

Denomination is a proper description of a currency amount, usually for coins or banknotes. For example, five euros is the denomination of a five euro note. Talking about denomination of a purchase order is totally irrelevant! Unless, of course, you purchase a bond. But BFL customers aren't investors, are they? They are just donors.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 30, 2013, 01:04:12 AM
I am generally not tagging scammers anymore. Use the trust system.
Do you know if Inaba sponsored this development?

Have you not seen the huge amount of scams lately? Especially alt coin related, there's far too many to keep going with the scammer tag system. It would be a full time 24\7 job to take care of them all. It's squarely in the hands of the users now, as it should be.

If it's square in the hands of the users, and a documented bet that isn't honored is no longer worthy of a scammer tag, I move that Matthew be cleared of his 'untrustworthy' status. He's doing everything right, and continues to be punished for shooting his mouth off. Inaba, however, is a cocksucker schilling a non-existent product.

In summation, fuck Inaba, fuck BFL, and fuck all their fanboys. I called them out as a scam years ago, and people have thrown millions at them in the meantime, all while begging for BFL to use some lube as BFL rough fucks them for their donations to BFL's cause.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 30, 2013, 12:05:36 AM
Whatever, it is obvious that there will be no actions taken against BFL for obvious reasons. Money talks. Simple as that.

I'll be waiting far away with a good view once BFL explodes, then all of our warnings and requests to get BFL slapped with a scammer tag to help deter potential future victims will have been for nothing.

Just highlighting the ridiculous part of your argument. Scammer tags are for provable scams, not "potentially in the future fraud".

Yeah! That's what the trust thingy is for:

Risked BTC amount is money that the person could have stolen or did steal.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 29, 2013, 11:48:04 PM
First of all, the bet got redefined as 100k$.

Link please.
Pages:
Jump to: