Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: Inaba - page 4. (Read 8336 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
May 29, 2013, 11:07:04 PM
Scammer tags are for provable scams, not "potentially in the future fraud".

This is a pretty myopic worldview IMO.

How would you feel if you knew you had a chance to do something about a possible problem, didn't, and lots of people get damaged because of it once everything comes crashing down ?

I'm just saying, there is a great body of evidence pointing to some pretty despicable, unethical, and immoral behavior here, and BadBear, you are effectively saying "I don't care until someone get's damaged".

Additionally, you are insinuating "I don't care what the community thinks. I'm not doing anything to alleviate their concerns."

That's pretty bad, Bear.

I hate to break it to you, but people have already become defrauded and damaged, and you're sitting there saying "I don't care".
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
May 29, 2013, 10:13:28 PM
Ok, let's run this shit into the ground properly.

I'm not talking about BFL as a whole. I don't care about BFL as a whole. Josh, the person, made a 1000 btc bet, personally. This interests me. Josh, the C-level exec, made another 1000 btc bet, on behalf of BFL. Don't care.

Their terribad piece of vaporware gulps gown stupid amounts of electricity. Bet lost. 1000 coins owed.

First of all, the bet got redefined as 100k$. Weasel ahoy. The of course the whole thing has been strung along for two months. Yay.

Don't want to tag BFL? Cool, don't. Don't care. You might want to consider stopping to take 2-5 thousand bucks per week from them, since this clearly crosses the line from caveat emptor into accomplice, but whatever.

Don't want to tag Inaba? Cool. Matthew N. pulled the same six figure bullshit. Slap an "untrustworthy" title on him.

One incident not enough? Cool, take off dank's tag.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
May 29, 2013, 05:33:33 PM
Whatever, it is obvious that there will be no actions taken against BFL for obvious reasons. Money talks. Simple as that.

I'll be waiting far away with a good view once BFL explodes, then all of our warnings and requests to get BFL slapped with a scammer tag to help deter potential future victims will have been for nothing.

Just highlighting the ridiculous part of your argument. Scammer tags are for provable scams, not "potentially in the future fraud".

Future victims meaning okay...BFL is allowed to advertise on this forum right? People who dont know any better click on their ad go to their site and think BFL actually was or will have a product soon to ship, then they end up waiting a year or never getting their product.

The FUTURE victims was directed to all of the suckers buying into the BFL bullshit advertisements on this forum that get suckered in UNTIL BFL goes bust.

Got it? Is that ridiculous?

Oh wait it was ridiculous how myself and others were calling out the PirateAt40 collapse before it ended and attempted to deter FUTURE VICTIMS from gettin scammed (meaning those investing from the time I made the statement up until the scam went bust).

It still sound like a ridiculous statement to you?

It sure doesn't to me and many here seem to agree with me on it.

But as I said, the owners/operators of this forum will do what they want despite what me (a "TROLL") has to say.  Roll Eyes

Let's remove the whole scammer tag thing...and let's focus on BFL paying for MISLEADING advertising on this forum okay? Do you agree with their misleading ads?

"ORDER NOW BFL MINER XX GH/S ONLY $YYYY!"

They don't even have the products to ship yet. So technically it should be PRE-ORDER NOW.
legendary
Merit: 1128
May 29, 2013, 01:31:56 PM
Whatever, it is obvious that there will be no actions taken against BFL for obvious reasons. Money talks. Simple as that.

I'll be waiting far away with a good view once BFL explodes, then all of our warnings and requests to get BFL slapped with a scammer tag to help deter potential future victims will have been for nothing.

Just highlighting the ridiculous part of your argument. Scammer tags are for provable scams, not "potentially in the future fraud".
legendary
May 29, 2013, 11:48:47 AM

legendary
May 29, 2013, 11:44:04 AM

2. "Shouldn't be judged by one action". Well BFL has approximately 20k+ preorders and that is being quite conservative. Should I assume that taking PREORDERS for 11+ months by many thousands of customers as ONE ACTION? Come on that shouldn't even be used in the same page of text when writing about BFL. ONE ACTION? Hardly...

I don't care about preorders. If they were denying refunds as well, or making zero progress (they have made some) that would be a different story, but they aren't. People are more than capable of getting their money back any time they please. And yes I know it's dollar denominated, every business does that, even outside the "bitcoin world". Kinda seems hypocritical to ask for a scammer tag, while at the same time willingly allowing them to hold onto your money (yes I know you don't have an order with them, I mean in general).

Yes and so were everyone who was using PirateAt40's BTCS&T. They were all more than capable of getting their money back any time they pleased until they couldn't. PirateAt40 was given the benefit of the doubt too because he was "producing" returns each week and paying investors and making "progress".

This mindset that we need to wait until they run off with millions is the poverty mindset. Because going this route will make people poor because of substantial losses when there is nothing left to refund people.

Just saying...I see double standards and mirror images of all major scams in the past. BFL is no different.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
May 29, 2013, 09:44:03 AM
... might as well put some of that refund money to good use ...

That is absolutely disgusting. We all know what BFL are doing, just need hard core evidence. But in reality, we know what they are doing, they know it and they know they can get away with it atm. Just matter of time before the cookie crumbles in the glass of milk.

2. "Shouldn't be judged by one action". Well BFL has approximately 20k+ preorders and that is being quite conservative. Should I assume that taking PREORDERS for 11+ months by many thousands of customers as ONE ACTION? Come on that shouldn't even be used in the same page of text when writing about BFL. ONE ACTION? Hardly...

I don't care about preorders. If they were denying refunds as well, or making zero progress (they have made some) that would be a different story, but they aren't. People are more than capable of getting their money back any time they please. And yes I know it's dollar denominated, every business does that, even outside the "bitcoin world". Kinda seems hypocritical to ask for a scammer tag, while at the same time willingly allowing them to hold onto your money (yes I know you don't have an order with them, I mean in general).

Here above in bold, "no offense Xian01" has any real legitimate member like yourself, or mod or really trustworthy member have gone through a refund process, of a major order? This is just a conspiracy theory, but BFL could be behind these accounts stating they are receiving refunds, to make it look like they will/are refunding customers. Imho, scams can go pretty deep, as we seen with pirate40, and others on this forum.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
May 29, 2013, 09:28:12 AM
1. How is the scammer tag not appropriate for businesses?
Just my opinion. I don't think the forum should be the judge, jury, and executioner in situations where we don't have access to all the information. Courts work because they can order records and compel information, we can't/won't. Scammer tag was never intended for these types of situations, and trying to make the square peg fit in a round hole will probably do more damage than it will solve.
What is interesting is that this point of view only emerged once BFL would have been tagged. Pirate, Matthew, and a gazillion other scammers have all been tagged, sometimes withing hours and almost without evidence. But as soon as the main income of the forum was in danger of being tagged...

They promised to deliver in October. And used the tactic of false promises to drive others out of business.
And Matthew was tagged because he basically did exactly the same as Inaba. Both did a bet and didn't pay. And you cant see the double standard?

Let me quote the topic for you
Scammer: Inaba
Why do you trying to shift this to something about BFL? To get Inaba out of the line? He personally (and not BFL) made a bet and it is crystal clear that he has no intention to pay despite losing it. So please stop trying to derail this by bringing BFL into the mix.

And BTW, since when is pointing out that someone isn't the only scammer a valid excuse? By your standard I can murder someone and get free by pointing out that others have done similar things.

I never bought his bullshit excuse of separate forum accounts. Inaba=Josh=whatever he is of BFL.
LOL, nice new excuse. No offense, but don't you see it yourself, you are starting to stacking up lame excuses?
Or do you really mean that once someone is employed by some company he is free to scam, because you are don't want to tag the company?

I brought up that there are many others deserving of scammer tags who don't have them because you acting like they're special or unique. I guess if you only spend all your time in the custom hardware forum it might seem like a big special deal to you, but it barely registers in the big picture. I don't know how it can be considered a bet when nobody even took it, there was no counterparty, so scammer tag seems a little extreme.
Every journey starts with the first step. Tag Inaba and continue with the rest...

And yes, murder is totally comparable  Roll Eyes. Get a grip.
Amazing, once we exaggerate the case you can see the wrongdoing?
legendary
May 29, 2013, 08:52:34 AM
1. How is the scammer tag not appropriate for businesses?
Just my opinion. I don't think the forum should be the judge, jury, and executioner in situations where we don't have access to all the information. Courts work because they can order records and compel information, we can't/won't. Scammer tag was never intended for these types of situations, and trying to make the square peg fit in a round hole will probably do more damage than it will solve.

Why do you trying to shift this to something about BFL? To get Inaba out of the line? He personally (and not BFL) made a bet and it is crystal clear that he has no intention to pay despite losing it. So please stop trying to derail this by bringing BFL into the mix.

And BTW, since when is pointing out that someone isn't the only scammer a valid excuse? By your standard I can murder someone and get free by pointing out that others have done similar things.

I never bought his bullshit excuse of separate forum accounts. Inaba=Josh=whatever he is of BFL.
I brought up that there are many others deserving of scammer tags who don't have them because you acting like they're special or unique. I guess if you only spend all your time in the custom hardware forum it might seem like a big special deal to you, but it barely registers in the big picture. I don't know how it can be considered a bet when nobody even took it, there was no counterparty, so scammer tag seems a little extreme.

And yes, murder is totally comparable  Roll Eyes. Get a grip.

The trust system has a drawback: if someone only ever scam a single person, he should be considered a scammer already, yet he could still receive high trust score, probably because he is nice to everyone else. So I believe Theymos should still hand out scammer tags.

Might be an issue, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now I think it's a good replacement for the scammer tag system.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 06:51:42 AM
I am generally not tagging scammers anymore. Use the trust system.
Do you know if Inaba sponsored this development?

Have you not seen the huge amount of scams lately? Especially alt coin related, there's far too many to keep going with the scammer tag system. It would be a full time 24\7 job to take care of them all. It's squarely in the hands of the users now, as it should be.

I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

For a scammer tag, the accused person needs to have promised to do something and then failed to deliver on the promise.

Hm, this one is about 1000 BTC and done on this very forum. And strangely enough it was very much ignored by every forum staff until theymos could say "use the trust system". One don't need a tinfoil hat to smell what is going on.
Regarding alt coins, a lot of the scams there are done with very new accounts while the trust system works only for mature accounts.
Don't get me wrong the trust system is a good thing, but everyone can easily see the double standard that is used for Inaba.

Showing newbies that the account they're trading with has no trust or rep is 'working' don't you think?

And BFL is hardly the only one to not get a scammer tag, going by your standards coinabul and bitinstant should probably have one as well. Not speaking for theymos, but the acammer tag isn't appropriate for businesses in general, shouldn't be judged by one action. Newegg and amazon would probably have scammer tags if everything was as black and white as it seems to be in your world.

The trust system has a drawback: if someone only ever scam a single person, he should be considered a scammer already, yet he could still receive high trust score, probably because he is nice to everyone else. So I believe Theymos should still hand out scammer tags.
May 29, 2013, 06:44:46 AM

Have you not seen the huge amount of scams lately? Especially alt coin related, there's far too many to keep going with the scammer tag system. It would be a full time 24\7 job to take care of them all. It's squarely in the hands of the users now, as it should be.

I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

For a scammer tag, the accused person needs to have promised to do something and then failed to deliver on the promise.

Hm, this one is about 1000 BTC and done on this very forum. And strangely enough it was very much ignored by every forum staff until theymos could say "use the trust system". One don't need a tinfoil hat to smell what is going on.
Regarding alt coins, a lot of the scams there are done with very new accounts while the trust system works only for mature accounts.
Don't get me wrong the trust system is a good thing, but everyone can easily see the double standard that is used for Inaba.

Showing newbies that the account they're trading with has no trust or rep is 'working' don't you think?

And BFL is hardly the only one to not get a scammer tag, going by your standards coinabul and bitinstant should probably have one as well. Not speaking for theymos, but the acammer tag isn't appropriate for businesses in general, shouldn't be judged by one action. Newegg and amazon would probably have scammer tags if everything was as black and white as it seems to be in your world.

legendary
May 29, 2013, 06:06:02 AM

1. How is the scammer tag not appropriate for businesses? Bitinstant from what I can tell actually resolves their customers' issues. Coinabul well that is another story, but BFL is blatantly not exempt from a scammer tag.

You know BFL and Josh needs a scammer tag but are delaying the inevitable for what reason I do not know.

The TWO 1000 BTC bets that are unresolved are TWO SEPARATE ACTIONS MADE THAT HAVE NOT BEEN RESOLVED TO DATE .Thus a scammer tag is warranted.
legendary
May 29, 2013, 05:58:37 AM

May 29, 2013, 05:24:16 AM

legendary
May 29, 2013, 05:16:25 AM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 29, 2013, 05:11:25 AM
Seems like a pretty f-d up situation.
May 29, 2013, 05:09:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
May 29, 2013, 05:07:20 AM
May 29, 2013, 05:06:10 AM
Can we bet somewhere that regardless of all his scams Inaba will never be scammer tagged by theymos?
I even heard rumors that this new trust system was implemented so that theymos has an excuse for not tagging Inaba.
Pages:
Jump to: