Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: SynOps - page 2. (Read 9193 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
April 29, 2013, 01:19:03 AM
Just wanted to add that SynOps is a confirmed scammer for low value #bitcoin-otc trades too. I sent him a Best Buy gift card for OTC on April 16, 2013. He strung me along with a number of excuses and still hasn't paid up. Once I confronted him on this, he became totally unresponsive to my e-mail and IRC communications.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
April 27, 2013, 12:39:50 PM
Still nothing, no response back from SynOps and no package - tracking number is still:

Contact his local PD for theft/fraud.
He's had your laptop for a month now, no payment or no return. Constantly issuing fake tracking codes yet still tried to sell it on Bitmit.

The auction seems to have ended but this showed up by a new user with 0 feedback... I'm always skeptical of things like that.

Agreed, contact the local police department and explain that you feel you have been a victim of fraud, in regards to goods obtained by deception.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
April 27, 2013, 11:29:26 AM
Still nothing, no response back from SynOps and no package - tracking number is still:

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
April 26, 2013, 01:20:58 PM
I have bought almost every note that has been issued. I have bought about 15 and about 9 left.

I also plan on starting to start paying the installments on btcjam.

The website is a bit better,not great, but more informative and not too ridiculous, please do contact me for any issues.

www.bitfiservices.com

I do apologize for how things became, but I do assure everyone things will be put in the right spot and I will continue working, whether it is here once I am done or some other venture. Ive had 2 successful ones , 1 still going, and this one, this was a total different world/culture/way of investing and trading and making money and apologize if anyone feels I abused you or the community, there was 0 intent in that.

Thanks

I don't think anyone is being like this just because you fell behind SynOps, it's more that we feel that you are misleading and not being honest with us. You paid an installment late on btcjam before but I wasn't concerned, because it was only like a day or a few days late, and you informed us about the late payment on twitter so I felt like I was kept up to date.
Activity: 140
BitFi Services
April 26, 2013, 07:14:54 AM
I have bought almost every note that has been issued. I have bought about 15 and about 9 left.

I also plan on starting to start paying the installments on btcjam.

The website is a bit better,not great, but more informative and not too ridiculous, please do contact me for any issues.

www.bitfiservices.com

I do apologize for how things became, but I do assure everyone things will be put in the right spot and I will continue working, whether it is here once I am done or some other venture. Ive had 2 successful ones , 1 still going, and this one, this was a total different world/culture/way of investing and trading and making money and apologize if anyone feels I abused you or the community, there was 0 intent in that.

Thanks
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 25, 2013, 10:24:57 AM
Neg ratings due to haters? Wow. I cannot believe this dude turned out like this. I had done business with him a few times, and am pretty much disgusted by his actions. Changed my ratings for him on OTC. This is shameful and pathetic.
April 24, 2013, 04:46:32 PM
Update:

tweeeaks
Apr 22 (2 days ago)      
to admin

I got the tracking number, but it the package hasn't been given to USPS yet.

Whats the deal?

[email protected]
Apr 23 (1 day ago)
to me

Ill check with them. Carrier picked it up.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

USPS still says:

April 24, 2013, 11:23:07 AM
I PM'ed SynOps here asking him to buy up the notes I issued on BTCJam from two of his loans that he has not paid yet. But he has not responded or bought the notes. I believe that I have issued the notes at a very reasonable price and in total it would be less than one bitcoin. So, SynOps, I am again writing to you, please purchase the notes I have issued.

I doubt you'll ever see that bitcoin. He told me to issue notes, then when I did he suddenly couldn't pay them because they were in a "queue" - I was the 3rd person in the queue, and he had a total of 5 notes to buy before he bought mine supposedly.
Activity: 32
April 24, 2013, 11:09:31 AM
I PM'ed SynOps here asking him to buy up the notes I issued on BTCJam from two of his loans that he has not paid yet. But he has not responded or bought the notes. I believe that I have issued the notes at a very reasonable price and in total it would be less than one bitcoin. So, SynOps, I am again writing to you, please purchase the notes I have issued.
April 24, 2013, 11:07:00 AM
I emailed SynOps saying that if he insists on paying back through BTCJam, then he could do it by just repaying the loan - I'm not going issuing new notes on BTCJam, as it wants me to link up my PayPal account to the site, which I am reluctant to do.

SynOps you have no more excuses now. You have been able to pay me back through BTCJam at any time, and you are now basically refusing to do this (by first giving me bullshit excuses as to why you can't pay right now, then by just ignoring my emails altogether).

It's good he has a scammer tag, this will maybe hinder his ability to scam other people out of bitcoins. I was maybe a bit more optimistic than most that he would pay back, but the fat lady is well and truly singing now - SynOps is a scammer, and if you invest, you will probably never see your bitcoin again, and he'll try making you out to be the bad guy for just asking back what he already owes you.

April 21, 2013, 11:29:59 PM
Although I am now in possession of a "real" tracking number, the package still has not been mailed.

So the label was created April 17, 2013 but has not yet found its way to the post office.
Activity: 373
Merit: 506
April 21, 2013, 05:19:24 AM
just another dude in over his head .. Smiley
April 20, 2013, 03:55:50 PM
I received an email from SynOps saying that he will only pay me through BTCJam notes. That's very convenient - He refused to buy the notes when I issued them, and now when I take them down (ironically, to change the cost allowing him to pay back EVEN LESS of what he owes) he is suddenly willing to pay. BTCJam want me to link my paypal account now, but I don't trust them. SynOps has likely seized on this as an excuse to delay paying me.

He will likely say that he needs to do it through BTCJam in order to prove that I really am owed btc from him. But he has basically admitted in emails that he has seen the notes already (by saying they were in a queue, it implies he has seen them). If he denies this, I have email logs plus screenshots of those emails. So he knows he owes me 1.7 BTC. So there is no reason he cannot pay directly to the address in my signature.

He also seemed to be annoyed at me for posting negative feedback of Bitfiservices. Well SynOps - The thing is YOU forced me into doing so when you refused to pay back what you owe me. I tried, I really did, I gave you plenty of chance to pay it back, I even offered to accept only a percentage of what you owe, but your constant refusal forced me into this. Knowing that you are refusing to pay back what you owe me, I simply cannot let you make posts claiming that you pay back your debts without letting other people know what the truth is. Don't act annoyed that negative reviews harm your business SynOps - If you refuse to pay back what you owe people, but claim that you are paying people back, I have to say something - I don't want to see other people get conned.

I have said I am willing to take 1 BTC. I have given him a little over 14 hours to pay this to the address in my signature. If he doesn't, I will take this as a confession that he is a scammer and never intends to pay me back. But that will mean whenever I hear the name Bitfiservices, or see him online anywhere (not just on this forum) claiming to be legit, I will be making posts and contacting admins, members etc and informing them that he refuses to pay back what he owes. And I am happy to give them email logs and screenshots to prove this is the case.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
April 20, 2013, 01:10:53 PM
I am willing to accept 1.0 BTC now, and will accept payment to my address. I have already emailed SynOps about this, and am posting this here as confirmation.

I think it's unfair that you have to settle for less because he simply won't pay or answer emails.

Be happy if he pays you a cent. That's more than I expect.
April 20, 2013, 10:51:52 AM
I am willing to accept 1.0 BTC now, and will accept payment to my address. I have already emailed SynOps about this, and am posting this here as confirmation.

I think it's unfair that you have to settle for less because he simply won't pay or answer emails.

I am trying to be as reasonable as I can. I want to make a profit, but at the same time I am willing to make an allowance because of the recent price rise. I feel the need to keep updating this thread to let people know about SynOps. Yes, he keeps making new posts in which he claims he is paying back what he owes, but this is what is actually happening:

I finally got in contact with him and offered to let him pay back 1.3 btc out of 1.7. He said to make a note on BTCJam. I did, and waited for a bit then contacted him when he didn't buy them. He told me I was the third person in a queue, and he had 5 payments to make before he got to mine. I then offered to make it just 1.0 out of 1.7. I told him that BTCJam wouldn't let me make new notes without linking a paypal account, and that I wasn't going to do that and he should just make the payment direct to my bitcoin address (the one in my sig).

To SynOps - Either pay me what you owe me, or stop making posts on here claiming that you are paying people back. If you keep making those kinds of posts, I will post in whatever thread it is in letting people know that you still haven't paid me. I'm sorry, but if you are refusing to pay back the BTC i loaned you, you shouldn't be going around telling people that you are paying everyone back. I am writing off 0.7 of the 1.7 you owe me because of the price rise, but I do want 1 BTC back.

I will post here letting people know if he does pay, and you will be able to verify it by checking transactions to my signature address.
April 20, 2013, 08:22:21 AM
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
April 19, 2013, 04:53:50 PM
FYI:

Obvious scammer is obvious.
April 17, 2013, 10:39:01 PM
Two more days go by.....still no updated tracking number.

UPDATE:  I just saw SynOps in #bitcoin-otc and asked for my tracking number and he said he'd email it soon.  Then about 45 min later I got an auto message from USPS with a legit tracking number.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
April 17, 2013, 10:07:23 PM
Still owe's me a couple coins too.

Deny's that I've ever done business with him. See earlier post of mine where I provide IRClogs, emails, etc to prove that he did do "business" with me.

April 17, 2013, 02:54:06 AM
FOR BTCJAM USERS:

Email me at [email protected]

My idea of creating an IRC chat room , basically failed, only a handful showed up, happily that many ideas were exchanged though.

FOR USERS CLAIMING WE OWE YOU BTC OR A REFUND:

Email me at [email protected]

Im also available on IRC on #bitcoin-otc.

My website will be back up within a day or two.

Why are you asking people to contact you when you refuse to respond to them when they do SynOps? I emailed you 4 days ago, saying that I would be willing to write off part of the loan, and would accept payment in either USD or BTC. You chose not to answer that email.

Anyone can go through a rough patch in business, but there's 2 things SynOps is doing that make me think he is a scammer:

1. He doesn't keep in contact (He keeps inviting people to email him, and talk to him on IRC, but when I tried contacting him he just ignored me).

2. Others are reporting that he gives out negative feedback towards people just because they are asking for what he already owes them. If someone gives SynOps bad feedback for a justifiable reason i.e late payment, not keeping people updated, etc, he gives them negative feedback out of revenge. Would an honest business try to discourage people giving honest feedback by threatening a "tit for tat" negative feedback, or would they take the feedback on board, and improve their service?

I have contacted everyone who has emailed me! I dont skip over any emails.

I have not been giving negative feedback back...i did out of haste one past week, but reverted it because morally it was wrong and stupid.

JUST SOLD SOME NOTES TO WEENFAN WHOM HELD INVESTMENTS IN MY LOANS, ALSO MADE A PAYMENT ON INVENTORY 4.

I keep my word and am working with BTCjam users to get payments fixed...

As for OTC'ers your being handled too.

Ive posted my business info here before, and I filed my taxes in January, no issues and even got a refund!

As for the those phone numbers, one 1 is mine..the first one. Google Voice.

Addresses and my phsyical appearance,  cool...guess its easy to get when i gave you my ID, KelticFox, doesnt take much to get info off of my ID!

Crimes, PSH, I was 18 and 19 (almost 10 years ago), stupid young kid straight out of high school doing stupid kid shit...those are all petty shit...and that Cap 1, that was written off and took 3 years to get off because of Identity Theft.

Family...yea wifes name is half wrong, sons name is surely wrong.

I didnt know I had a myspace, lol, guess 3-4 years can make you forget about old social media sites.

But non of that matters...what will that info do for any of you? Come and threaten me? Try to make me paranoid like Aethero (thinking he is being followed everywhere he goes and people running him off the road....).

As I told Keltic, I dont middle man ANYTHING. You can easily see my ratings on bitmit are almost all amazon codes...which I PURCHASED...everything on BitMit i purchase with my own funds to accumulate btc to pay loans and have a small income to keep this business going.

If this business fails or im banned, nobody ends up happy....except those who dont have a stake in my loans...

....as for anything else, Sales of items, and Exchanges...Flawless...(I did read 1 person claims I owe them btc---once I saw Skype---I remembered whom it was---ill take care of them asap).

I would just like to confirm at this stage that SynOps is lying here. I have checked my emails, and at the time of me writing this post, he has STILL refused to reply to the email I sent him on April 6th. I also checked my BTCJam account, and he has not paid anything into that.

Being late in paying back a loan isn't what annoys me SynOps. It can happen, especially with the recent price rise. What is alarming me (and makes me believe that you are a scammer) is that you refused to reply to my email asking you when I could expect repayment. And even worse, you treat me like a piece of dirt by trying to lie to the forum, claiming that you have replied to me when you haven't. What have I done to deserve that - Ask for you to pay me back 1.5 BTC of the 1.9 BTC you owe me? You keep arguing that you aren't a scammer - But you refused to reply to me when I contacted you, and now you have been caught trying to lie your way out of it by claiming that you had replied. If someone who had borrowed from you was doing this, wouldn't you be suspicious?

I will continue checking my emails and update this thread in a few days if he is still refusing to reply to my attempts at contacting him.

EDIT: Wanting to inform people that I made a mistake with the calculations, and provide corrected figures. SynOps owes me just over 1.7 and not 1.9. I am reducing the amount I asked for down 0.2 BTC, so I am now asking for 1.3 out of 1.7 instead of 1.5
Pages:
Jump to: