Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: SynOps - page 4. (Read 9193 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
April 02, 2013, 06:10:28 PM
Update:

Received 3.04 BTC after threaten to release .docx on SynOps on these forums. I am not really sure if SynOps was scamming me or actually planning to pay me. Only SynOps truly knows the answer to that question but regardless the exchange was unsettling and more trouble then it was worth.

Thanks to KelticFox for his/her support in this matter and providing an easier resolution.

Fiasco over. Finally
April 02, 2013, 06:16:44 AM
Update: Looks like SynOps came through

The transaction is under way, for your information, the transaction ID
is:
c5085efeeadf1e57d6cdd74d0978e5a7021685652aa2794349f126dcc568c630

Thank you
---
WWW.BitFiServices.COM/Home
Bitfi Services
Fredericksburg, VA
GVoice: 804-404-3248

Haven't had a chance to check and verify, but did want to update to be fair to SynOps. Will update again once I return from work.
April 01, 2013, 05:42:15 PM
Yet another update;

I will get your 3.04 BTC to you this evening.

I have extended hours today since I was not available some of the day,
so Ill be available from now until 10pm.

The latest we send Bitcoins is 9pm usually, so you will have them by
then.

I have to take a trip to the office and pickup my yubikey and ill send
them over. I would have my wife send from the app, but the app still is
not working even after I updated it.

Thanks

And the Fiasco continues........
April 01, 2013, 04:44:23 PM
Just did a seen over on bitcoin-otc for SynOps

15:41 gribbleSynOps was last seen in #bitcoin-otc 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 6 seconds ago: * SynOps Selling 3.5 BTC for moneypak reload code

SynOps If you have 3.5 BTC available, I expect those coins to be deposited to my wallet today.
April 01, 2013, 04:34:18 PM
Update from Ally from BitFi:

3.04 is your total.

Locked in for an extended 12 hours.

Expect Payment by 5pm EST.

Please do reply with your address so I don't have to go back and search.

So at 5PM EST I should know if this will continue another day or not. Request has been made for the blockchain or any other information confirming the coins have been sent.
Activity: 367
Merit: 100
April 01, 2013, 03:01:16 PM
While I would like to hear his side of the story in case there is anything mitigating or of value there, my current conclusions are this:

he's either a scammer or incompetent.  neither of which are good for doing business.

I'm gonna throw out a few facts of the current circumstances:
  • he negs people who raise issues with the way his business dealings are going. I maintain the the questions or negs on his #bitcoin-otc WoT are legitimate, but his retaliatory negs are not.
  • he consistently has people strung along waiting for payment. he consistently gives them stories (half-truths?) to explain the delays, meanwhile they get next to nothing in return
  • he is still actively trading, or attempting to rather than fulfill his obligations
  • either out of ignorance or ill intent he misrepresents his status.  he said today that he is not in default, just late on payments.  it was pointed out to him that this is the very definition of "default"; he still tried to brush it off
  • he maintains that his business is legit and registered as a LLC in his state, but has not or can not provide support for this claim.  when pressed for it, more excuses and stories come out.  the blame is always on someone else or some convenient mistake that allegedy happened

this is a very disturbing series of events.  but it is a very consistent series of events that has not shaken me from my concern that, intended or not, his operation is indistinguishable from a ponzi and he's stuck in a position that he can not recover from unless he finds more "investors" to scheme from.

I would LOVE to be wrong about this. I would LOVE for SynOps to demonstrate any claims to contradict this.  (and no, making late payments does not excuse the fact that you defaulted in the first place.  "making good" weeks or months late does not take away from the fact that people should be wary of doing any business with you)
April 01, 2013, 02:05:41 PM
Update:

Possible Resolution....

Hello and I have good and bad news.

Good news is we can still do the exchange.

Bad news was we only lock in the price for 4 hours from confirmation, which expired around 4pm on the day of your order. So we would have to 1. Redo the math and send according to current rate,  or, 2. Refund you via moneypak (less moneypak cost), or cash/money order sent in mail (less shipping cost).

Ally

Will keep everyone posted
Activity: 140
BitFi Services
April 01, 2013, 01:11:52 PM
Oh, and I do NOT accept loans from crod sourcing. An I have only taken 1 for about 1 bitoin last week, paying back today!

If loans are needed its usually to cover funds I dont have available in my account, of which i get a loan and usually pay it back within a day or two WITH INTEREST!

But I am refraining from loans. Sales and exchanges is our focus
BitFi Services
April 01, 2013, 01:06:25 PM
Update: So SynOps contacted me earlier via email and claims that the issue was all a big misunderstanding. He claims the Mt Gox never sent the money and he would correct the issue promptly. This was approx. 8 hours ago and SynOps who also somethimes goes by the handles BitFi, UnknownLogistic, Bitcoin-Exchange and Excite still hasn't lived up to his end of the deal.

UnknownLogistic, Bitcoin-Exchange and Excite

Those arent my names, unknownlostic ay have been a gamertag a long time ago, but I dont remember being a member anywhere with that name...and CERTAINLY I AM NOT Bitcoin-Exchange or Excite.

April 01, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
Update: Received an email from an Ally from BitFi Services stating the following;

Please take care if this customers order.
This is a URGENT matter, as their exchange is late

I am BCCing this to SynOps and Customer Service for you.

Also, FYI, this is not always SynOps, I am Ally I run admin when he is working.

Thanks
Ally@BitFi

Not sure the need to BCC anyone, but from what I can see from the email it was only addressed to myself. So if anyone was contacted or if anything will come from this, we will see once I arrive at home this evening.
April 01, 2013, 07:00:48 AM
Update: Message SynOps at his Gvoice number 804-404-3248 inquiry the status of payment. He states he was with his family at the time (Easter Holiday) but promised partial payment once he was near his PC to submit full payment today once he is at his office.

Well I checked my wallet this morning, but I don't see any additional funds......

So as today is a work day, according to SynOps I expect to see my funds by EOB today.

March 31, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
this won't shock you but there have been a long string of excuses and failed promises from him to his other creditors in the past week.
March 31, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Update: So SynOps contacted me earlier via email and claims that the issue was all a big misunderstanding. He claims the Mt Gox never sent the money and he would correct the issue promptly. This was approx. 8 hours ago and SynOps who also somethimes goes by the handles BitFi, UnknownLogistic, Bitcoin-Exchange and Excite still hasn't lived up to his end of the deal.

March 31, 2013, 02:32:24 PM
SynOps' operation is indistiguishable from a ponzi, with revolving debt (newer loans (he likes to call them "investors") used to pay off previous loans).

he has negged me -10 for pointing this out, but I feel it's a fair warning, on top of his defaults.

http://192.168.0.99/otc/?SynOps
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=synops
http://pastebin.com/vsWS5pm6

always google your counter party, do a little due diligence.  (though these documents probably didn't exist at the time most people did business with him)
March 31, 2013, 11:02:14 AM
Just so this thread doesn't get off topic this is regarding a currency exchange not a loan. SynOps has been in contact and states it is a simple misunderstanding and I should expect my payment shortly. I will update in a few hours.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
March 31, 2013, 10:37:39 AM
I don't understand why people borrow BTC if they actually want cash...   Huh

Borrow the cash from your friends or family!
BitFi Services
March 31, 2013, 09:26:53 AM
Also to state the obvious BTC was worth between $8-$14 for most of those loans..... BTC now is in the $90s...do the math...of course many would get behind...but Im still paying...EVEN WITH INTEREST!!!
BitFi Services
March 31, 2013, 09:22:58 AM
Whoever loans Bitcoins to people and doesn't tie repayment to a "normal" currency is just asking for trouble.

I surely wish they had that option looking back on it...they didnt add that feature until last month.
 There are a few that are trying to work out paying...I even know a user here/and they are on otc, that invested in my loans, and I invested in his...he is late and so am I ..but we both strive for the community to react in a decent manner and so people know that only those who scam are running away..I AM NOT RUNNING, I INTEND TO PAY, AND I INTEND TO ALWAYS UPDATE ANY THREAD BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION (I Dont actively search or troll forums...too busy working.)

Here are my BTCjam Stats:
Payments
Past payments by you:   166   Past payments to you:   263
Payments to be made:   186   Payments to be received:   389

Receivables
Received
฿37.5214
Late 1-30 days
฿1.6141
Late 31-120 days
฿30.9284
฿8.8201
Pending
฿13.4061

Payables
Paid
฿234.3123
Late 1-30 days
฿44.6132
Late 31-120 days
฿0.0000
Collection Pending
฿0.0000
Pending
฿254.7732

As you can see I have not even gone past 30 days late on my loans, I am actually even AHEAD in payments on some loans...Also you can see that I have paid almost 50% of my loans....
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 31, 2013, 09:11:28 AM
Whoever loans Bitcoins to people and doesn't tie repayment to a "normal" currency is just asking for trouble.
March 31, 2013, 09:08:50 AM
That is all I am late on is BTCjam loans. I refuse to accept loans anymore.

The loans werent locked into Mtgoxusd, as that feature wasnt available.

Basically you can find my responses here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-btcjam-users-other-crowd-funding-user-161273

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcjam-bemtje-paranorman-synops-defaults-only-154566

https://btcjam.com/users/788

44.61 BTC in late payments

338.90 left to pay

Also want to address the issue of where my coins are?
Pages:
Jump to: