Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammers running free - page 8. (Read 1866 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
May 07, 2019, 12:28:45 AM
This is one proof that we need regularization and legalization right now because without it scammer are free to do something illegal without any disciplinary action by law. If regularization and legalization will implemented scammer will going to afraid because government will have rights to make a law to punish scammers.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
May 06, 2019, 10:13:34 PM
Not until we start seeing crypto scammers get arrested for real many new investors won't join,I have friends that won't join crypto because of scammers running away with ICO funds forever ,no way to arrest them and get the funds out of them,the few news I read about getting some scammers is not enough ,the more there is an effective way the less scammers will harm crypto

They are still free because it is hard to trace the movements of cryptocurrency.
There are several coins that you can use it privately, without anyone knowing your address, and those are misused by scammers.
Activity: 1489
Merit: 150
May 06, 2019, 04:33:35 PM
It's sad to see how much has the industry of altcoins changed since scammers start sticking their nose into ICOs. Unfortunately right now I don't know if there is anything we can do since most of the projects are closed and deleted, while the owners are long gone with investors funds. If someone would have took action faster maybe we could've catch some of them and recover some money but now it seems to late for that.
Yes, it is really sad if ICO or Altcoin projects become a scam after collecting funds from Investors, I really hope that in the Crypto world this will make strict regulations and provide penalties for scammers. I hope that now.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
May 06, 2019, 04:15:53 PM
It's sad to see how much has the industry of altcoins changed since scammers start sticking their nose into ICOs. Unfortunately right now I don't know if there is anything we can do since most of the projects are closed and deleted, while the owners are long gone with investors funds. If someone would have took action faster maybe we could've catch some of them and recover some money but now it seems to late for that.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
May 06, 2019, 04:03:49 PM
You must realize that Crypto has risks. So before you do something, of course, you have to consider it because you have to be prepared to face the risks that will occur. Scammers are very difficult to catch and I just hope that there will be strict regulations so that they can limit them and even eliminate fraudsters.
If we consider the principle of implementing new projects using IEO, then in my opinion this is the best choice, since there are certain guarantees for investors.  In any case, the exchange makes a choice among all the projects that may be promising and not fraudulent.
The fact is that many developers may not fulfill certain conditions that are mandatory for promoting IEO on exchanges.  How then do?  80 percent of all new projects will still have to go according to the ico plan.
Activity: 336
May 05, 2019, 10:41:08 AM
You must realize that Crypto has risks. So before you do something, of course, you have to consider it because you have to be prepared to face the risks that will occur. Scammers are very difficult to catch and I just hope that there will be strict regulations so that they can limit them and even eliminate fraudsters.
If we consider the principle of implementing new projects using IEO, then in my opinion this is the best choice, since there are certain guarantees for investors.  In any case, the exchange makes a choice among all the projects that may be promising and not fraudulent.
Activity: 574
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
May 04, 2019, 11:38:06 AM
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
May 04, 2019, 11:29:17 AM
because nothing law on crypto that can make the scammer go to jail unless you reporting by local or international police, but that gonna be hard for sure
This is difficult to prevent, so now dev and team make different ways to raise project funds to avoid scammers, because scammers can happen to people closest to even people you fully trust.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 04, 2019, 11:15:16 AM
Not until we start seeing crypto scammers get arrested for real many new investors won't join,I have friends that won't join crypto because of scammers running away with ICO funds forever ,no way to arrest them and get the funds out of them,the few news I read about getting some scammers is not enough ,the more there is an effective way the less scammers will harm crypto

Scammer here in crypto have the guts to scam people here through ICO projects. Because there is no regulations in it.
They always taking advantaging with it in crypto currency. This is the truth happening here in this business industry.
That's why We always need to be careful in investing ico or participating in any project campaign.

Aside from without regulations, basically everyone can create their own project and hold ICO anonymously. Because there are so many naive users that blindly trust these people, these scammers find it so easy and made this as their playing ground of stealing money. They can disappear into thin air very easily. And yes, this is the major reason why ICOs are dying. I wonder how IEOs will end up to?
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
May 04, 2019, 11:09:17 AM

Scammer here in crypto have the guts to scam people here through ICO projects. Because there is no regulations in it.
They always taking advantaging with it in crypto currency. This is the truth happening here in this business industry.
That's why We always need to be careful in investing ico or participating in any project campaign.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
May 04, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
because nothing law on crypto that can make the scammer go to jail unless you reporting by local or international police, but that gonna be hard for sure
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
May 04, 2019, 11:02:42 AM
Its just like the real world, most scammers don't get caught.  This isn't a problem exclusive to crypto.  There is only so much the authorities can do and they have limited resources.  If you are concerned about thieves running free, think about all the murderers roaming the streets.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
May 04, 2019, 10:58:34 AM
i believe scamming activities has reduced now in cryptocurrency because people are now wiser and things have changed so it will be difficult to perform any type of scamming. SEC will hunt them down.
You have zero idea about scam project, I guess because scammers around has been increased from previous and it will continue, they will always find new tricks however, the recent step by some of the forum member has helped to reduce the scammer in ICO, they always bamboozle the scammers with publishing there fake team or fake project
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
May 03, 2019, 02:23:36 AM
That is why many thinks centralization and regulation will bring much sanity into the system. Many people have lost thousands to millions of dollars for good with their bad deed been investing in a project or ICO.

And what about the investment market of securities is not who has not lost money. And investment in real estate. And other areas of investment. Yes, any business built on credit is an investment. So now this difficult dangerous game is complaining.
I think there are scammers all around and this thing could not be eliminated in the presence of internet. Scammers are actually the guys with lots of expertise so they can easily deceive a man having no knowledge about something he wants to invest in.

This is what happened with so many ICOs in which people put in their money due to the hype these scammers would create on internet and hence lost their money.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10
May 02, 2019, 09:34:16 PM
ICO scammers are hard to catch, how to catch them, I am confused, and worse how to recover investor funds that have been brought by scammers, I think it is very difficult and scammers damage the image of cryptocurrency and this must be immediately removed immediately.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 02, 2019, 09:29:15 PM
Scamers have been since and not in crypto only so the are everywhere and in organizations, the only way we can help ourselves is by being careful. Scamers are never ready to give up on this as far as they still make some money from it and there are no rules in crypto which makes everything worse,
indeed there are many scammers who try to cheat new users or traders who are easily affected by the profits generated, therefore you should not be easily affected by what is on some internet media because there are so many scammers scattered.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
May 02, 2019, 09:28:38 PM
Scamers have been since and not in crypto only so the are everywhere and in organizations, the only way we can help ourselves is by being careful. Scamers are never ready to give up on this as far as they still make some money from it and there are no rules in crypto which makes everything worse,

Scammers always want to try take advantages in many fields and in cryptocurrency market, we should make research first before investing. Scammers in crypto hard to trace because most wallet are anonymous. I think this is the reason why ICOs should be regulated by government
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
May 02, 2019, 09:19:10 PM
I would say that knowledge will dispel any fears.
You can start by applying it to your own ideas about crypto.

Have you ever thought about doing some research on how many actual real scams there have been with ICOs?
Someone complaining on bitcointalk doesnt count.
But the rate of ICOs that actually do run away and steal peole's money.

Then, compare that to ICos that don't, and you will find tat the percentage of getting scammed is very low.
Saying, "Let's arrest these scammers!" is unrealistic and does nothing.

Regulations and law enforcement are different in each country.
In America, in order to "Arrest the scammers" you would have to vote for a legislator that has that on their platform.
Then you would put pressure on local district attorneys to enforce those laws.
None of that gets done by just saying we should do it on bitcointalk.
Activity: 198
Merit: 2
May 02, 2019, 08:04:13 PM
Activity: 280
May 02, 2019, 06:25:33 PM
One of my concerns is that can crypto be outrightly scam free? The reason for this is that, we might not see regulation any time soon. The government is also waiting for more adoptions first before regulating. The problem now is, investors might not want to adopt considering the rate of scam.
The risk in cryptocurrency is high as a result of this.
Pages:
Jump to: