Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 422. (Read 845565 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 29, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
These texts go deeper into Life, the Universe, and Everything, than just morality.

Not really.  When the bible was written people didn't know very much about the universe or anything else.   Wink

I actually seriously doubt this idea.  People 2000 years ago weren't dumb, and I'm guessing that, much in the same way that blind or deaf people compensate for their handicap in other ways, people likely had strong methods of learning and interpreting information in the absence of the scientific method.

Take, for example, the fact that the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained by Western researchers who obtain information about the medical properties of various plants from indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world.  These cultures don't utilize the scientific method but resort to more esoteric means of learning. The mystery as to how these cultures gained the knowledge is baffling to many professional academics.  

I dispute your "fact." I think the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained through chemistry and research, not from information from the medical properties of various plants used be indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world. I think you've taken a few isolated cases of that happening, and are now presenting them to be the norm. They're not.

History offers perspective, my friend.

The overwhelming majority of modern pharmacy revolves around recreating or trying to induce/stimulate/inhibit what already occurs in nature. Pharmacy is a derivative of an ancient study of chemistry termed alchemy. The first pharmacy reportedly popped up in Arabia in the 6th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_industry#History

That's what it was then perhaps but that's not what it is now. Now it's about manipulating molecules to do what they want them to. A lot of our drugs are synthesized out of molecules that do not exist in nature.

edited my previous post before your reply posted/after you clicked "quote"
I would argue that synthesized chemicals are generally harder on the body because our body has not evolved to react with synthesized chemicals made via synthetic biochemical pathways (synthetic to me means not arising through biological/chemical evolution, not cognitive). But that's another topic.

You could argue that. I won't agree or disagree without seeing some actual data on it. But you're right, it seems besides the point.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 29, 2014, 02:10:19 PM
These texts go deeper into Life, the Universe, and Everything, than just morality.

Not really.  When the bible was written people didn't know very much about the universe or anything else.   Wink

I actually seriously doubt this idea.  People 2000 years ago weren't dumb, and I'm guessing that, much in the same way that blind or deaf people compensate for their handicap in other ways, people likely had strong methods of learning and interpreting information in the absence of the scientific method.

Take, for example, the fact that the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained by Western researchers who obtain information about the medical properties of various plants from indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world.  These cultures don't utilize the scientific method but resort to more esoteric means of learning. The mystery as to how these cultures gained the knowledge is baffling to many professional academics.  

I dispute your "fact." I think the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained through chemistry and research, not from information from the medical properties of various plants used be indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world. I think you've taken a few isolated cases of that happening, and are now presenting them to be the norm. They're not.

The overwhelming majority of modern pharmacy revolves around recreating or trying to induce/stimulate/inhibit what already occurs in nature. Pharmacy is a derivative of an ancient study of chemistry termed alchemy. The first pharmacy reportedly popped up in Arabia in the 6th century.

That's what it was then perhaps but that's not what it is now. Now it's about manipulating molecules to do what they want them to. A lot of our drugs are synthesized out of molecules that do not exist in nature.

edited my previous post before your reply posted/after you clicked "quote"
I would argue that synthesized chemicals are generally harder on the body because our body has not evolved to react with synthesized chemicals made via synthetic biochemical pathways (synthetic to me means not arising through biological/chemical evolution, not cognitive). But that's another topic.

The point i'm trying to make here is, just because our drugs are all fancy and made to react with the body a certain way, does not mean it's healthier or better, but that they simply all try to replicate natural process.
October 29, 2014, 02:09:05 PM

legendary
October 29, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

The overwhelming majority of modern pharmacy revolves around recreating or trying to induce/stimulate/inhibit what already occurs in nature, typically via proprietary synthetic means because for the most part, patents=monopoly. Pharmacy is a derivative of an ancient study of chemistry termed alchemy. The first pharmacy (as in commercial enterprise) reportedly popped up in Arabia in the 6th century, but one could argue that the local shaman/medicine man/what have you can also be considered a pharmacy in a meaningful sense.

October 29, 2014, 01:56:41 PM

Not really.  When the bible was written people didn't know very much about the universe or anything else.   Wink

I actually seriously doubt this idea.  People 2000 years ago weren't dumb, and I'm guessing that, much in the same way that blind or deaf people compensate for their handicap in other ways, people likely had strong methods of learning and interpreting information in the absence of the scientific method.

Take, for example, the fact that the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained by Western researchers who obtain information about the medical properties of various plants from indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world.  These cultures don't utilize the scientific method but resort to more esoteric means of learning. The mystery as to how these cultures gained the knowledge is baffling to many professional academics. 

legendary
Merit: 1020
October 29, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

Not really.  When the bible was written people didn't know very much about the universe or anything else.   Wink

I actually seriously doubt this idea.  People 2000 years ago weren't dumb, and I'm guessing that, much in the same way that blind or deaf people compensate for their handicap in other ways, people likely had strong methods of learning and interpreting information in the absence of the scientific method.

Take, for example, the fact that the overwhelming majority of pharmaceutical information is obtained by Western researchers who obtain information about the medical properties of various plants from indigenous tribal cultures in isolated parts of the world.  These cultures don't utilize the scientific method but resort to more esoteric means of learning. The mystery as to how these cultures gained the knowledge is baffling to many professional academics. 
Vod
legendary
October 29, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

legendary
October 29, 2014, 12:16:20 PM
Thank you for the post. Can you please provide more information on this third Hell, and the history of this QE use? Personally, I'd like to be more aware of myself and how I consciously conduct myself day to day.

Try being a good person.  I don't need fairy tales to act morally.  

Yeah, in sum, "do good, be good"

I consider knowledge a form of wealth though, so that's why I choose to invest myself into these things at times. These texts go deeper into Life, the Universe, and Everything, than just morality.
Vod
legendary
October 29, 2014, 11:52:40 AM
Thank you for the post. Can you please provide more information on this third Hell, and the history of this QE use? Personally, I'd like to be more aware of myself and how I consciously conduct myself day to day.

Try being a good person.  I don't need fairy tales to act morally. 
legendary
October 29, 2014, 11:12:23 AM
^I just read and reflect however, and try to understand the meaning behind the literal words

This helped me synthesize the writing a bit better: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/atlantean_conspiracy/atlantean_conspiracy44.htm

See astrology how you will, but at its very least, I see it how Douglas Adams sees astrology as a tool, since it reflects so many things. Jungian archetypes etc

“In astrology the rules happen to be about stars and planets, but they could be about ducks and drakes for all the difference it would make. It's just a way of thinking about a problem which lets the shape of that problem begin to emerge. The more rules, the tinier the rules, the more arbitrary they are, the better. It's like throwing a handful of fine graphite dust on a piece of paper to see where the hidden indentations are. It lets you see the words that were written on the piece of paper above it that's now been taken away and hidden. The graphite's not important. It's just the means of revealing the indentations. So you see, astrology's nothing to do with astronomy. It's just to do with people thinking about people.”

For me, this is all about perspective. We are as conscious as we are aware.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 29, 2014, 10:59:54 AM
The serious side of the voices in the caverns thing is this. Does anyone remember in the Apostles Creed, where it says, "He [Jesus] descended into hell?" This is talking about the 3 days that Jesus was in the grave after he died on the cross, before He arose from the dead.

The word "Hell" has several meanings in the Bible. One of them pertains to a place of torment after the final end - the lake of fire in Revelation. Another is simply the grave. A third is a special "holding cell," where especially virulent and spiritually powerful people are sent, at death, because otherwise they might be able to affect things in THIS life right from the grave!

Saint Paul explains that Jesus went down to this last Hell to preach to the spirits of certain of the dead. The particular dead mentioned, were those who had lived in the days of Noah, but had died in or before the Great Flood.

While we don't, yet, have any conclusive evidence about what these people were doing back at the time before the Flood, they were probably certain people who:
1. Had used quantum entanglement to manipulate people (Consider The Silva Mind Control Method);
2. Were powerful in their use of quantum entanglement;
3. Had built a worldwide network of corrupt trading exchanges (probably the thing we know as Atlantis);
4. Were NOT knowledgeable enough about QE to use it to keep themselves alive in the Flood;
5. Were powerful enough that their spirits just might be able to reach out from the grave if they were not held at bay in the special kind of hell cell they are in.

Jesus went there to preach to them about their big mistake, that they thought that they could find eternal life without the help of God, on their own, using quantum entanglement (QE use, my idea). Jesus, however, is the only one who can use quantum entanglement correctly enough to grant eternal life both, to Himself, and to any of those to whom He decides to grant eternal life.

People attempt to do all kinds of things. There are those of our day who are trying to gain eternal life on their own. There are, of course, many who simply turn their backs on the whole idea, and simply decide to die. Some who try to live forever on their own, will try/are trying the quantum entanglement method (many without realizing that this is what they are using). Some of these might succeed in keeping themselves healthy enough that they could live for several hundred years if the earth lasts that long, yet. Others use their QE to become wealthy, retain riches, by more or less enslaving other people.

Wherever you happen to be in life, if you are inclined to use quantum entanglement for your own benefit, remember to use it in conjunction with the knowledge that you are not good enough at it to live forever by it. Keep your focus on Jesus, use QE only for good, and be ready to freely hand over any QE strength that you have to God, on a moment's notice should He call to you. If you aren't ready to do this, you may lose your very essence to the final dissolution of all material and energy, done in the lake of fire, at the final end of this universe.

The end might be here much sooner than we think.

Smiley

i don't understand this Bible crap.  am i supposed to take it literally or something?   Undecided
legendary
October 29, 2014, 10:50:22 AM
The serious side of the voices in the caverns thing is this. Does anyone remember in the Apostles Creed, where it says, "He [Jesus] descended into hell?" This is talking about the 3 days that Jesus was in the grave after he died on the cross, before He arose from the dead.

The word "Hell" has several meanings in the Bible. One of them pertains to a place of torment after the final end - the lake of fire in Revelation. Another is simply the grave. A third is a special "holding cell," where especially virulent and spiritually powerful people are sent, at death, because otherwise they might be able to affect things in THIS life right from the grave!

Saint Paul explains that Jesus went down to this last Hell to preach to the spirits of certain of the dead. The particular dead mentioned, were those who had lived in the days of Noah, but had died in or before the Great Flood.

While we don't, yet, have any conclusive evidence about what these people were doing back at the time before the Flood, they were probably certain people who:
1. Had used quantum entanglement to manipulate people (Consider The Silva Mind Control Method);
3. Had built a worldwide network of corrupt trading exchanges (probably the thing we know as Atlantis);
4. Were NOT knowledgeable enough about QE to use it to keep themselves alive in the Flood;
5. Were powerful enough that their spirits just might be able to reach out from the grave if they were not held at bay in the special kind of hell cell they are in.

Jesus went there to preach to them about their big mistake, that they thought that they could find eternal life without the help of God, on their own, using quantum entanglement (QE use, my idea). Jesus, however, is the only one who can use quantum entanglement correctly enough to grant eternal life both, to Himself, and to any of those to whom He decides to grant eternal life.

People attempt to do all kinds of things. There are those of our day who are trying to gain eternal life on their own. There are, of course, many who simply turn their backs on the whole idea, and simply decide to die. Some who try to live forever on their own, will try/are trying the quantum entanglement method (many without realizing that this is what they are using). Some of these might succeed in keeping themselves healthy enough that they could live for several hundred years if the earth lasts that long, yet. Others use their QE to become wealthy, retain riches, by more or less enslaving other people.

Wherever you happen to be in life, if you are inclined to use quantum entanglement for your own benefit, remember to use it in conjunction with the knowledge that you are not good enough at it to live forever by it. Keep your focus on Jesus, use QE only for good, and be ready to freely hand over any QE strength that you have to God, on a moment's notice should He call to you. If you aren't ready to do this, you may lose your very essence to the final dissolution of all material and energy, done in the lake of fire, at the final end of this universe.

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 28, 2014, 11:21:50 PM
The Revelation says that the devil will be released from the bottomless pit sometime. Hmmm.

Cheesy

That was obviously written when we thought the earth was flat, and things like "bottomless pits" made sense. Now we know it's not, and they don't.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 28, 2014, 11:16:10 PM
Here is a recording claiming to contain a copy of those supposed "tormented screams of desperate people."

That doesn't sound like tormented screams, that sounds like a busy crowded day at a large farmers market. I heard these kinds of "terrible" sounds many times in markets in USSR, Italy, and even in Toronto.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 27, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

Smiley

The serious side about the voices in the cavern is that they are proven to be manipulated sound clips ripped from a movie made in 1972:  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_to_Hell_hoax

Feeling humbled yet?

Very. But anybody who is humbled has hope when they recognize that fact. It's those who are humble or humbled and don't even recognize it who are more miserable.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 27, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

Not for a hundred million years at least.

Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1020
October 27, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

Smiley

The serious side about the voices in the cavern is that they are proven to be manipulated sound clips ripped from a movie made in 1972:  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_to_Hell_hoax

Feeling humbled yet?
Jump to: