Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 35. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 01, 2016, 03:29:46 PM
To everyone new to SDC (or any cryptocurrency for that matter ) , Please I urge you to not click ANY links posted by ANYONE rather than the developers. Do not even click a re-quoted link of a developer as this is how I was hacked for 55,000+ SDC.

Do not trust anyone on these forums. They are toxic , full of greedy people , social engineering you out of your crypto. Be smart.

ps. the Devs of SDC did nothing when I was blatantly hacked from someone in this thread. still after a year , nada. Brushed  it under the rug. Funny how I was in the top 10 richlist at the time , & for some reason they couldn't immediately re-roll the blockchain when this occurred.

not pointing fingers

stating facts
Activity: 390
September 30, 2016, 06:31:03 AM
New Umbra wallet downloaded and syncing - stuck on the exact same f#%^%& block.  This is infuriating - why is block 1,000,234 Satan's lovechild

Did you sync'ed via blockchain download?

Get the latest UMBRA client  & then sync fast using https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/fast-sync-blockchain

That solves a lot of issues.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 30, 2016, 02:16:32 AM
New Umbra wallet downloaded and syncing - stuck on the exact same f#%^%& block.  This is infuriating - why is block 1,000,234 Satan's lovechild
Activity: 222
Merit: 1
September 30, 2016, 01:53:41 AM
Does anybody know why I am stuck on this block - I was stuck on a previous block but read on a forum what to do and it proceeded to sync until it got to this block - now I have no idea how to get it synced.

Get the latest UMBRA client  & then sync fast using https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/fast-sync-blockchain

legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
September 29, 2016, 08:04:08 PM
Does anybody know why I am stuck on this block - I was stuck on a previous block but read on a forum what to do and it proceeded to sync until it got to this block - now I have no idea how to get it synced.

You need to download the new Umbra client.  I know, I did the same thing.
Activity: 6
September 29, 2016, 07:18:13 PM

http://imgur.com/a/b4GVo
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
September 29, 2016, 08:40:46 AM
Serious project with promising future, love how they are working on a useful environment so that users might really leave the app (node) open on their computers - for anonymous chat or tor browsing, for ex. Would be great to have a Linux ShadowOS preloaded with SDC node for RASPBERRY PI. Really cheap way of running a node and great secure wallet if you have stakes on the coin. I mean, eventually people that are bought into the coin will want to help enforce the system (by running nodes) to protect their coins.

This had already been done. I think @dasource or @code has set this up.

There you go. It's not preloaded, but at least you can do it yourself, without needing to rely on 3rd party (to be honest and not fill it up with malware):
https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/shadow-daemon-raspberry-pi2

The team has released linuxarm compiles as well. https://talk.shadowproject.io/topic/540/get-shadowgui-staking-within-5-minutes-on-raspberry-pi-jesie-mate-and-others

In the future I believe these will be included on the github release page with checksums
September 29, 2016, 04:30:29 AM
Serious project with promising future, love how they are working on a useful environment so that users might really leave the app (node) open on their computers - for anonymous chat or tor browsing, for ex. Would be great to have a Linux ShadowOS preloaded with SDC node for RASPBERRY PI. Really cheap way of running a node and great secure wallet if you have stakes on the coin. I mean, eventually people that are bought into the coin will want to help enforce the system (by running nodes) to protect their coins.

There you go. It's not preloaded, but at least you can do it yourself, without needing to rely on 3rd party (to be honest and not fill it up with malware):
https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/shadow-daemon-raspberry-pi2
September 28, 2016, 09:21:35 PM
looking at my post history , I never once posted this. this was from whoever hacked my account. i never changed my pw after the loss of my 55k to see what would happen to this account.

http://imgur.com/a/NEMom
September 28, 2016, 08:56:17 PM
a year later...after the 55k sdc hack & the price is .0023. glad to see sdc still climbing.

haven't traded since.

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
September 28, 2016, 05:28:25 PM
Hi community,
Are you interested in a web wallet?
Check out coinvault.io or get in touch
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
September 28, 2016, 05:10:23 PM

Activity: 13
September 28, 2016, 04:27:04 PM
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
September 27, 2016, 10:59:49 AM

Hello there, is the wallet providing a private voip full working?

No, Wallet doesn't offer VoIP at all. Where did you get this info?
We have decentralized private (group) chat, if that's what you mean.

Uhm, I am pretty sure it was in original SDC team plans.
Anyway, does anyone know a reliable private voip client? I am looking for one.

Signal is touted as a secure voip/message app.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
September 27, 2016, 09:59:33 AM

Uhm, I am pretty sure it was in original SDC team plans.
Anyway, does anyone know a reliable private voip client? I am looking for one.
September 27, 2016, 09:39:18 AM
Does someone has information about SDC listing on Chinese exchanges?

Chinese exchange is currently actively pursued. Shouldn't be too long before SDC gets listed.
I don't want to speak on behalf of those involved, so you'll always get better info on our Slack.

legendary
Merit: 1001
September 27, 2016, 06:31:51 AM
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 27, 2016, 05:24:27 AM
Does someone has information about SDC listing on Chinese exchanges?
Activity: 291
September 26, 2016, 07:49:09 AM
Issue with 2FA is that you are forcing people to go with Google, second, people who travel past their cellphone area code with surcharges, and I found it caused me grief when I traveled abroad.
Also 2FA security has caused security hacks in the US where some folks called the cell provider of the target victim as a provider rep and got the sim card and now had full access.

Completely agree. It just isn't a benefit when used on a private wallet which should already be 100% secure. It could easily cause problems if you lose your phone, or don't have it with you.

+1
In that case, how about - upon installation of the wallet and generation of the PrivKey, wallet asks user if he/she wants a 2FA on a USB. If user clicks YES, generate an authentication key on a USB (which can be cloned for 2nd or 3rd backup), in a similar manner that a full-system encryption via USB as a 2FA is done. similar to-
http://blog.refu.co/?p=1398
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
September 25, 2016, 08:55:42 AM
Well I just changed my sig, is that a good enough reason to make a post?
Pages:
Jump to: