Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 357. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

This is great news.  Great work CRZ.  I'm pretty sure CRZ has been working his butt off the last several months on this.  From the few images we have seen it looks amazing imo.  The announcement says that next phase will only take a few days and then the designs will be released to the public for feedback.  I don't think any of this would be near possible if crz didn't put huge time and effort in.  He has mentioned he has been working very hard non-stop on this.  I think we should all donate a few SDC to show our appreciation for this epic achievement. We don't have instamine/premine funds to support devs, the community has to step up, every small amount helps.  His addresses are found in the link:

BTC: 1o4nzUUXTDEGXCtEJomoyM1irn8Uxfg1D
SDC: Sd9w1zqFhC5p2Q6Sf3hUXZ2zMRt3gU1CQr
SDC STEALTH: smYk3SQfhxf8oZN9oEYwdyjeR9AtZBFYjNbcQMbQe1XP3oqp7cYR7gJEx3CkKWeEGoSb34uV2TJwxPE 7jWNe6FecCFgeCRHiTh2SbJ

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/361/shadowmarket-progress-report

This is really great, it seems the marketplace completion is getting closer and closer.  It is getting within sight now.

Yup. It is indeed great news.

crz: u know how i feel… love the work
uz all: ditto

BUT…

Even the notorious child_harold is growing impatient…
Where is Zeuner!

Where in this God forsaken world is the man from Leipzig? And where is his now legendary report??
Can we get an official update pronto please? This is a community request.

3 months? That's enough already…
Dammit  Angry

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

This is great news.  Great work CRZ.  I'm pretty sure CRZ has been working his butt off the last several months on this.  From the few images we have seen it looks amazing imo.  The announcement says that next phase will only take a few days and then the designs will be released to the public for feedback.  I don't think any of this would be near possible if crz didn't put huge time and effort in.  He has mentioned he has been working very hard non-stop on this.  I think we should all donate a few SDC to show our appreciation for this epic achievement. We don't have instamine/premine funds to support devs, the community has to step up, every small amount helps.  His addresses are found in the link:

BTC: 1o4nzUUXTDEGXCtEJomoyM1irn8Uxfg1D
SDC: Sd9w1zqFhC5p2Q6Sf3hUXZ2zMRt3gU1CQr
SDC STEALTH: smYk3SQfhxf8oZN9oEYwdyjeR9AtZBFYjNbcQMbQe1XP3oqp7cYR7gJEx3CkKWeEGoSb34uV2TJwxPE 7jWNe6FecCFgeCRHiTh2SbJ

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/361/shadowmarket-progress-report

This is really great, it seems the marketplace completion is getting closer and closer.  It is getting within sight now.
Activity: 224
Let the games begin.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
New Chinese announcement and thread.

Thanks fox19891989 for translating and crz for the graphics.  Smiley
Activity: 784
what is DAApps...Huh

it is written ready for it at the thread title

I would like to know too !
Maybe Dapps (decentralized applications / smart contracts)? This looks like the future of crypto.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
How to know the number of tokens?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
what is DAApps...Huh

I would like to know too !
what is DAApps...Huh

Well I am pretty sure it means something like Distributed Autonomous Applications.  Not sure how it is related to the Shadow Project. This is first I am hearing of it, but sounds interesting.  I have heard of DAOs before which are distributed autonomous organizations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_Autonomous_Organization
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
what is DAApps...Huh

Hopefully some news regarding the "marketplace" comes this month.

I think the announcement is probably going to be within the next few days.  But I wouldn't expect a completely finished product or anything like that.  On IRC I read that they expected the announcement to be yesterday, but seems like they are putting some polishing touches on it as they are "perfectionists" in the words of SDCDev.  According to shadow.cash website, phase 1 which is the wire framing and marketplace graphic design was about 80% finished.  So it makes sense that this phase 1 of the marketplace may be completed soon.
Activity: 224
Hopefully some news regarding the "marketplace" comes this month.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500

I am sure someone in the government is parsing the blockchain data and building evidence of relationships.

All those Silk Road coins, they know where they came from, and which wallets were also used to pay Dish bills and buy things from Newegg.

And that's the big advantage of the coin-destruction scheme of Shadow over mixers. I can use Darkcoin to play on a poker site (technically illegal in the US), and the winnings I get back could be mixed with coins from a drug or CP transaction. (Really illegal in the US, and worth their trouble to go after you.) Then what? Plausible deniability is also plausible guilt, and when the other people in the mixing pool are worse than you are then it benefits them at your expense.
another warning…

****WARNING - DON'T TRADE ON IRC***

Scammers scamming on IRC 24/7
Not just Shadow
Every Coin
Hijacking/copying nicks (handles) on IRC is far too easy.
Stay in the main channel… don't negotiate "privately"

PLS BE CAREFUL…

"Do not trade over IRC"

Agree. Usually it is a slight misspelling of someone you know.

So the amount of SDT created increases faster than SDC are destroyed?
How does that work dasource?

In short:

SDT Created = total of all and any SDT created. (at some point this will exceed SDC Supply and the higher this number the more "anonymity" available; this comes back to the what is the difference between 16 and 300 ring sigs)

SDC Destroyed = the active number of SDC destroyed at time of snapshot ...
What does that mean? It basically means at the time of the snapshot 425,000 SDC has been removed from the SDC Supply. In theory that means the Coin Supply is 6,466,166 - 450,000 = ~6,016,000.

Why have you not updated the coin supply to reflect this? Quite simple, it would show drastic changes if/when large sums of SDT was created or SDC destroyed. The Coin Supply reflects the maximum available SDC.

Thank You Sir
Activity: 821

In short:

SDT Created = total of all and any SDT created. (at some point this will exceed SDC Supply and the higher this number the more "anonymity" available; this comes back to the what is the difference between 16 and 300 ring sigs)

SDC Destroyed = the active number of SDC destroyed at time of snapshot ...
What does that mean? It basically means at the time of the snapshot 425,000 SDC has been removed from the SDC Supply. In theory that means the Coin Supply is 6,466,166 - 450,000 = ~6,016,000.

Why have you not updated the coin supply to reflect this? Quite simple, it would show drastic changes if/when large sums of SDT was created or SDC destroyed. The Coin Supply reflects the maximum available SDC.

From what i heard on irc:
It's because each time you make a transaction SDT to SDT, you increase the number of SDT available for new ring-sig without destroying any SDC.

thanks waecrum
that's ingenious

Here's the exact quote from SDCDev on irc:
Mar 02 14:36:00 <@SDCDev>   mmm SDT->SDT would increase it, SDC->SDT would increase it, SDT->SDC is just converting back to normal funds anonymously

great quote. that goes up on the wall Wink
thanks again
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

It's because each time you make a transaction SDT to SDT, you increase the number of SDT available for new ring-sig without destroying any SDC.

thanks waecrum
that's ingenious

Here's the exact quote from SDCDev on irc:
Mar 02 14:36:00 <@SDCDev>   mmm SDT->SDT would increase it, SDC->SDT would increase it, SDT->SDC is just converting back to normal funds anonymously
A NEW CHART which displays more information about what's going on with SDC/SDT. thanks dasource!

http://shadowchain.info/stats/shadow.php

Thank You Dasource !

With regards. Cornett

thanks waecrum
that's ingenious
Jump to: