Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 393. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2015, 04:17:50 PM
To clarify (I was incorrect before. Apologies).

Shadow>SDC transactions DO NOT reduce anon inputs/outputs in the system!

Please see the slideshow below and refer to the IRC transcript below.
Thanks

http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434

I have question about slide #6, from transcript:
The Shadow tokens (SDT) are sent to dual-key stealth addresses which removes the link between the parties. it is not possible to determine which tokens have been spent, so all tokens remain in the Hodrchain as spendable outputs available as members 0! ring signatures for other token spends.

Also slide 10:  
An ever increasing pool of outputs (tokens) are available in the ring signature The tokens remain in the system increasing the outputs for available ring signatures but cannot be used to create any new SDC without a traceable ring. Between 3-200 tokens of each value (ormsa member of a ring signature, which prevents anyone from knowing which token was spent or who signed the transaction.

Doesn't this mean that it would be helpful for the network if we transfer from SDC to Shadow and back to SDC many times?  The more times we go back and forth, then the more available outputs, which helps the anonymity of the network?  I believe many people tried to help the network by transferring their SDC to Shadow and leaving it in Shadow, but would it be more helpful if they transfer back and forth many times?  Also would a bot be helpful for increasing the anonymous outputs?

From my understanding of the system it would be more beneficial to create more outputs then put it back into SDC versus holding Shadow.

A) Shadow doesn't stake so the more people holding onto shadow the less people that are staking

B) It creates a larger pool of tokens for future shadowsends

Thank you, that clarifies it then.  People should then know that if they want to help the network the most, don't just leave your coins in Shadow.  Keep changing into Shadow and back to SDC and back to Shadow many times to create more anonymous outputs.

No problem, anytime.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
January 26, 2015, 12:16:26 PM

Poloniex seems to have smarter buyers , not like Bittrex dumpers

Just yesterday I was wondering the same.. if you compare the prices (latest), it's quite a difference:

• Bittrex: 0.00019056
  • Poloniex: 0.00023498

That can't be a market price difference. If it was, the arbitrage bots would eat that up literally within seconds.
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 26, 2015, 11:10:10 AM
Your chances of being a smart investor starts at shadow
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
January 26, 2015, 09:00:35 AM

Just yesterday I was wondering the same.. if you compare the prices (latest), it's quite a difference:

Poloniex is more professional exchange with more professional people. They know what they are doing by buying SDC
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
January 26, 2015, 08:45:02 AM

Activity: 527
January 26, 2015, 06:02:10 AM
This is the most undervalued coin in the market by a mile

Don't say that! Keep things quiet in order to give people more time to buy cheap SDC before the code review comes out

We've had enough time to buy cheap SDC

^this

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WALLET ? WILL NOT SYNC! I HAVE SDC ON CRYPSY AND I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE EXCHANGE? WHAT IS GOING ON? This needs to be FIXED ASAP. This kind of shit drives people away from these coins. Get your asses to work and lets get shit rolling before we are left in the dust.

Hi,
when I was in ANC, they made much problems to that coin, and I think still does.
maybe DRK ppl paying that guys to make competitors coins stuck?
 Roll Eyes

You can try to ask this guy for informations
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mullick-99433

btw we called them craptsy  Grin

Regards
Activity: 527
January 26, 2015, 05:54:23 AM
Hello Shadowers!

Nice to see new ppl coming here,
welcome to all of you!

Also good to see other exchanges start trading with volume,
Smiley

Things getting more and more interesting!

I think we have lowest price anon coin on market, and best tech.
That must be filtrated!

January 26, 2015, 02:10:48 AM
I think once we get the Shady Bay up and running and have some real commerce done with the coin we'll know a lot better where the improvements need to be. We'll know how much Shadow vs. SDC we need, and what extra communication features the wallet will need to facilitate sales.

Something I've always wanted to see in a wallet is an encrypted shipping info form. You would have fields for an item number, your name and address, and the transaction identifier would be automatically added such that the shipping info would be semi-permanently attached to the coin transaction. Without that a guy who is selling a lot of stuff can get confusion as to what he is expected to send to whom after the payment.

We should have some kind of massive chatbox or irc type deal in the wallets...that would be cool so everyone on the ShadowNET can talk and collaborate with one another. As well as PM people. This should all be built into the wallet. ShadyBay should also be in the wallet. If this happens shadowcash will go to the moon

You know that encrypted peer2peer messaging is already implemented in wallet, right? It might not be exactly groupchat, but for PMs it's enough.

And ShadyBay (huh, we're going with this name now?) will be in wallet as well. Check out the designs.

Yes I was aware of that. One of the problems with the P2P messaging as it exists now is it's semi-volatile, will disappear in 48 hours if the recipient has not had his wallet online. This is probably not a good idea for commerce.

the i2p network idea sounds cool what is that exactly ? If we do implement this can we put in a group IRC chat in there as well ?

Isn't IRC already reasonably secure? 20 years ago it was a pretty rough place.

For shadowy-type stuff secure 1-on-1 communication might be more useful. For business it will allow you to ascertain that the person you're talking to is the one sending you the money and vice versa. This would be awesome in a mobile wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
January 25, 2015, 11:25:09 PM
I think once we get the Shady Bay up and running and have some real commerce done with the coin we'll know a lot better where the improvements need to be. We'll know how much Shadow vs. SDC we need, and what extra communication features the wallet will need to facilitate sales.

Something I've always wanted to see in a wallet is an encrypted shipping info form. You would have fields for an item number, your name and address, and the transaction identifier would be automatically added such that the shipping info would be semi-permanently attached to the coin transaction. Without that a guy who is selling a lot of stuff can get confusion as to what he is expected to send to whom after the payment.

We should have some kind of massive chatbox or irc type deal in the wallets...that would be cool so everyone on the ShadowNET can talk and collaborate with one another. As well as PM people. This should all be built into the wallet. ShadyBay should also be in the wallet. If this happens shadowcash will go to the moon

You know that encrypted peer2peer messaging is already implemented in wallet, right? It might not be exactly groupchat, but for PMs it's enough.

And ShadyBay (huh, we're going with this name now?) will be in wallet as well. Check out the designs.

Yes I was aware of that. One of the problems with the P2P messaging as it exists now is it's semi-volatile, will disappear in 48 hours if the recipient has not had his wallet online. This is probably not a good idea for commerce.

the i2p network idea sounds cool what is that exactly ? If we do implement this can we put in a group IRC chat in there as well ?
http://www.shadowtalk.org/topic/310/a-shadow-social-network-built-into-the-wallet/2
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 25, 2015, 10:28:43 PM

January 25, 2015, 10:22:09 PM

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
January 25, 2015, 10:17:17 PM

January 25, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

January 25, 2015, 09:22:03 PM

January 25, 2015, 07:33:24 PM

Hey child_harold, did you see this part of the thread?  Coolstoryteller, along with the slide presentation on the new website seem to suggest that leaving your coins in Shadow may not be the total best thing for the network, although its still helpful.  Actually it seems if you change from SDC to Shadow and then back to SDC, those anonymous outputs remain forever.  So it seems the most help we can do to the network is transfer back and forth between Shadow and SDC many times.  Every time we do it, it makes more anonymous outputs that remain forever.

Also good on the tweet.  I will light Craptsy up in the trollbox later too, starting Monday when I know user Mullick will be in there.

Yup . I saw. But hard to believe it… (unless a core dev confirms)
Having 50% shadow and 50% SDC i always assumed was optimal balance.

Irregardless step 1 always involves converting SDC > Shadow…

Shadows are the networks anon tokens… we NEED more

currently @~330k/6.5million (i.e. ~4%)

^not good enuff… more Shadow

Ok well I guess the jury is still out then Smiley

But I think you are right its still important to have a large pool of Shadow.  It will still help guard against certain attacks against anonymity on the network if there is a large pool of Shadow to blend transactions in with.

Wink

Ive been wrong b4 and Ill be wrong again.

However we can both be right:

SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>etc etc ad infinitum will (over time) create a system which is more "FUN"

whilst SDC > Shadow is all the while desirable  Cool

YES.
-more anon I/O (i.e. Shadow) = good
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.
with only 2% pos interest and a decreasing supply of staking SDC (long live anon i.e. Shadow) is this the only deflationary crypto-currency atm?

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split? Also there should be some refinements made to the Shadow website I cant read everything while I am scrolling up and down. As well as shadowtalk.org if possible you should make it look similar to bitcointalk.org in terms of the theme it will look better. When is shadybay launching?

Yes. IMO. 50/50

in other words…

Until Ryno tells us otherwise I will abide this ancient Chinese info-graphic Wink

personally i like the whole light side/dark side thang we got goin' on here Cheesy
Activity: 448
January 25, 2015, 06:55:39 PM

Hey child_harold, did you see this part of the thread?  Coolstoryteller, along with the slide presentation on the new website seem to suggest that leaving your coins in Shadow may not be the total best thing for the network, although its still helpful.  Actually it seems if you change from SDC to Shadow and then back to SDC, those anonymous outputs remain forever.  So it seems the most help we can do to the network is transfer back and forth between Shadow and SDC many times.  Every time we do it, it makes more anonymous outputs that remain forever.

Also good on the tweet.  I will light Craptsy up in the trollbox later too, starting Monday when I know user Mullick will be in there.

But I think you are right its still important to have a large pool of Shadow.  It will still help guard against certain attacks against anonymity on the network if there is a large pool of Shadow to blend transactions in with.

Wink

SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>etc etc ad infinitum will (over time) create a system which is more "FUN"

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.
with only 2% pos interest and a decreasing supply of staking SDC (long live anon i.e. Shadow) is this the only deflationary crypto-currency atm?

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split?

I think it really depends what your goals are.  Its good for the network to make transfers many times between Shadow and SDC.  Its also good for the network to leave a portion or % of your holdings in Shadow.  But its also good for the network to be staking your coins, which requires SDC.  You cannot stake Shadow, you can only stake SDC.  A healthy network will have a good balance of all of these things.  So perhaps if you plan to leave your coins offline and not stake, then you may convert a higher % into Shadow.  If you want to stake your coins to receive 2% annually then you may want a high % of your coins in SDC.

Also as a note, sometimes you will run into errors when trying to convert Shadow back to SDC, it will say not enough available anonymous outputs of that ring size.  You can fiddle with the ring size and the amount of Shadow you are changing to SDC to get it to work.  As the network grows this will become less of a problem.  By converting many times between Shadow and SDC, we increase the available anonymous outputs making the network solve this problem better over time.
January 25, 2015, 06:41:59 PM

Wink

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split? Also there should be some refinements made to the Shadow website I cant read everything while I am scrolling up and down. As well as shadowtalk.org if possible you should make it look similar to bitcointalk.org in terms of the theme it will look better. When is shadybay launching?
January 25, 2015, 06:04:57 PM

Wink

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.

hmmmm…
Activity: 448
January 25, 2015, 05:46:59 PM

January 25, 2015, 05:38:41 PM

Shadows are the networks anon tokens… we NEED more

Jump to: