Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 396. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
January 23, 2015, 08:23:25 PM
Good video I liked it.

Maybe the dubstep is a little much though.

Thanks fearcoka, it's just a draft we can always swap out the music later.

Jimmies and Crz pimped out the shadowsend slideshow too: http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434

Ou this is very neat. Keep up the good work!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 23, 2015, 08:21:38 PM
Good video I liked it.

Thanks fearcoka, I made the video a couple weeks ago.. we can always swap out the music later if its too grimey Cheesy still need to upload it to the main youtube channel for shadow..

Jimmies and Crz pimped out the shadowsend slideshow too: http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 23, 2015, 07:50:19 PM
Good video I liked it.

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
January 23, 2015, 06:42:23 PM
"Shadow" or some form of it is pretty good. It denotes the clandestine features of the coin without being sinister. People will call them "shads" which is easy.

Got to remember that the majority of the users of the coin ultimately will not be part of geek or web culture. What resonates with you will not with them. Think about some young guy strutting down the streets of Lagos talking on a phone making a deal for someone to send him an untaxed case of Scotch for his underground nightclub. There's your user, what words make sense to him?
Activity: 350
January 23, 2015, 06:36:59 PM
Looks like they updated the main website: http://shadow.cash/

Did I see that right, marketplace is already 80% done? Or is it just the first phase of the marketplace is 80% complete?

That's just the first phase (design), after revisions/feedback from designs we'll start with front end dev.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 23, 2015, 06:19:18 PM
Woah, we have a cool new video too, check it out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEzGs2YJtM
January 23, 2015, 06:05:01 PM
Thank you  Smiley  Grin
 do you know about how long it takes to sync?

You can use this bootstrap file to make syncing time go much faster.  Info here: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/308/bootstrap-instructions
Activity: 251
January 23, 2015, 06:03:34 PM
Thank you  Smiley  Grin
 do you know about how long it takes to sync?
January 23, 2015, 06:02:44 PM
Looks like they updated the main website: http://shadow.cash/

Did I see that right, marketplace is already 80% done? Or is it just the first phase of the marketplace is 80% complete?
Activity: 286
January 23, 2015, 03:25:08 PM
What wallet is the right wallet to use? the one i found is 1.2.0.1 is that correct?

We're on 1.3.0.6 now. Hard fork after the last update so you'll need to upgrade.

Unless it's one of the mobile wallets, in which case they'll be updated soon.
Activity: 251
January 23, 2015, 03:21:20 PM
What wallet is the right wallet to use? the one i found is 1.2.0.1 is that correct?
Activity: 812
January 23, 2015, 09:21:35 AM
As Seb points out in the post below, using the name Shadow had always been the intention.
(this is quoted from the voting thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931139.new#new )

Perhaps we could use the word Shadow somehow in the thread subject title?

e.g. ⋆⋆⋆ [SDC] Shadow | ShadowSend v2 IS ALIVE ! ** MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE! ⋆⋆⋆
or   ⋆⋆⋆ [SDC] Shadow | ShadowCash | ShadowSend v2 IS ALIVE ! ** MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE! ⋆⋆⋆

?

One of the first things i said in the SDC thread when i discovered it was the name was not real good, i like shadowcash a lot more the shadowcoin but i just can't see shadowcash on a billboard etc i have one idea.

eclipse: To make dim or indistinct:

That's a cool name. If we had a do-over I'd probably vote for that over Shadow.

Shadow

Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The Shadow network. The "cash" is only one part.

If we rename to Shadow we express the broader scope of this coin/network.

(Kinda like when "Apple Computer" changed its name simply to "Apple")

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shdowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.

What you've described is pretty much what we've got going at the moment. The currency just gets emphasized because it's the main element (at least for now).

Want to change your vote?  Wink

As it stands there's 11 for, 8 against - doesn't seem to be strong feelings either way so looks like Shadow we'll stay. Another one I kinda like is the one that Pline suggested above: Shades. What're now SDC could be Lytes and the anon tokens could be Shades. Maybe next time.

Thanks for your input y'all.

January 23, 2015, 09:14:57 AM
I really agree, I don't feel too confident in coinjoin schemes, or master nodes.  Zero knowledge is where its at.  The video left a bad taste in my mouth.  It gave the opinion of someone simply trying to sell their coin. He wouldn't even acknowledge the value of zero knowledge solutions. Instead it was his job to criticize any competition as best he can, and tell you don't look there, buy DRK instead.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

It's been found and implemented and you're looking at it. It's usable and easy-to-use. Ready for anon B2B. No need to take my word for it: the Zeuner Report will be in soon…

I believe search and implementation is still ongoing:

...we have said on a few occasions that we will only be utilising a basic nizkp until zk-snarks is fully out and trustless.

I'm afraid you failing to taking into account that ryno was referring to ZK-Snarks lack of ability to be setup in a trustless manner, not NIZKP (Non-Interactive Zero Knowledge Proofs) which is in use in ShadowSend v2 and is trustless.

Since that post by ryno the guys working on ZK-Snarks figured out a trustless setup which is promising if SDC decide to take this route in the future. Info here: https://twitter.com/SDLerner/status/548205708236566530

Just to clarify for you.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

A zero knowledge solution has been found, it is being assessed by a qualified auditor. Lets await the results.

bump
Activity: 896
January 21, 2015, 03:15:04 PM
lol indeed. Also, I like shadow as it originally was. I think it depicts the target market perfectly.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
January 21, 2015, 10:15:23 AM
On the subject of the name, I started a poll to try to gauge people's opinions on it. I think the current name might harm adoption in the long-term.

Given the amount of work involved in rebranding etc. this is probably the last time that the option of renaming the project can be entertained at all.
There would have to be a pretty sizeable majority for renaming (plus someone would have to come up with a better name) for it to be considered, but either way it's maybe the last chance we'll have to have the discussion, so speak your brains.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931139.new#new

bump

I like the name Shadow. Not as keen on the "Cash" part, altho it explains the usage. I guess if I heard a better name I could be swayed. Really cant imagine what that could be tho. hard to vote yes before hearing something better.

EDIT: Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The "cash" is only one part.

If we rename to "Shadow" we express the broader scope of this coin/network.

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shdowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.

I'm considering setting up an anonymous fax service using Shadow. But I have no idea what I could call it!

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
GTFO anonymous faxing service what the fucking fuck. Why not just setup a pptp vpn service like cloak did when it died for fucks sake.

I think the above was more an example of a Shadow network service name using the Shadow brand.
In actual fact Shadowfax is the name of Gandalf's horse in LOTR  Cool

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shadowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.
Oh I see, I am a stupid.
January 21, 2015, 10:10:14 AM
On the subject of the name, I started a poll to try to gauge people's opinions on it. I think the current name might harm adoption in the long-term.

Given the amount of work involved in rebranding etc. this is probably the last time that the option of renaming the project can be entertained at all.
There would have to be a pretty sizeable majority for renaming (plus someone would have to come up with a better name) for it to be considered, but either way it's maybe the last chance we'll have to have the discussion, so speak your brains.

bump

I like the name Shadow. Not as keen on the "Cash" part, altho it explains the usage. I guess if I heard a better name I could be swayed. Really cant imagine what that could be tho. hard to vote yes before hearing something better.

EDIT: Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The "cash" is only one part.

I'm considering setting up an anonymous fax service using Shadow. But I have no idea what I could call it!

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
GTFO anonymous faxing service what the fucking fuck. Why not just setup a pptp vpn service like cloak did when it died for fucks sake.

I think the above was more an example of a Shadow network service name using the Shadow brand.
In actual fact Shadowfax is the name of Gandalf's horse in LOTR  Cool

Shadow

Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The Shadow network. The "cash" is only one part.

January 21, 2015, 09:57:43 AM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
January 20, 2015, 09:19:58 PM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
January 20, 2015, 09:17:25 PM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh
Jump to: