Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 404. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
January 12, 2015, 12:16:39 PM

I am curious about this. I think we can assume the dev team owns MUCH more than 60,000 SDC. Is there a reason why they have not converted more to Shadow themselves? Perhaps they feel like staking SDC to protect the network is more important than converting right now?

Can someone shed some more light on this? Thanks!

I'm not part of the development team, but I know the reason why I haven't converted more Shadow for myself: lack of commerce opportunities. I assume this is the case for many holders. It's great seeing the amount of Shadow available grow but I'm assuming until the marketplace is ready, places like shapeshift.io accept it and shop owners accept it the amount will stay low compared with SDC.

The majority of transactions are either OTC trades or transfers between exchanges and traders atm (my guess).
Spot on. Until the decentralized marketplace in the wallet gets added I will keep my SDC as SDC but as soon as that switch happens, I will swap it all.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
January 12, 2015, 12:02:41 PM

I am curious about this. I think we can assume the dev team owns MUCH more than 60,000 SDC. Is there a reason why they have not converted more to Shadow themselves? Perhaps they feel like staking SDC to protect the network is more important than converting right now?

I'm not part of the development team, but I know the reason why I haven't converted more Shadow for myself: lack of commerce opportunities. I assume this is the case for many holders. It's great seeing the amount of Shadow available grow but I'm assuming until the marketplace is ready, places like shapeshift.io accept it and shop owners accept it the amount will stay low compared with SDC.

The majority of transactions are either OTC trades or transfers between exchanges and traders atm (my guess).
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
January 12, 2015, 11:23:00 AM
ENTER THE SHADOW

Converting sdc to shadow is never a prob. going the other way can be a little fiddly at the moment (no big deal) but that will change when peeps start converting more of their holdings into Shadow

Send a few sdc>shadow txs of diff size to mix it up some. Check the Chain Data section of ur wallet to see what you've created! keep them as shadow as long as you can and convert different amounts back to sdc gradually if need be..

Someone mentioned sending 1111.11111111, thats a cool idea. be creative.

these shadowy tokens are the shizzle.

We must destroy sdc to create Shadow.
We must restore balance to the Force. At the moment there is too much light.
We need the power of the dark side to grow (50/50 shadow/sdc)
live long anon \o/

It's as if Ryno + Technovert just gave us a new car, say it's a Ferrari. Now we gotta learn how to drive it. We're still parked.
(hehe)

UPDATE: At this time I count roughly 42,000 shadow on the Chain Data. Lets see how quickly we can get to 420,000 Shadow and then to 1,000,000 (we should have a celebration for this milestone Smiley )

UPDATE: Now at roughly 60,000 Shadow tokens on the network. Well done those of you that have begun destroying some SDC in favour of the ZK anon Shadow tokens!

But we need MORE! MUCH MUCH MORE!

So still under 1% of SDC has entered the way of the Shadow. The target should be (at least) 50% IMO.

Reminder:

- We need more Shadow tokens to add more anon inputs/outputs for anon transactions.
- Also don't forget to stake your SDC! Shadow tokens don't stake BUT using them will add transaction fees for staking wallets to collect.
- Destroying SDC for Shadow will decrease available SDC supply. Think about that.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 12, 2015, 08:43:00 AM
this coin is getting more interesting the longer it gets. great dev.

will watch how much price this coin can get in the future
Activity: 812
January 12, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
ENTER THE SHADOW

Converting sdc to shadow is never a prob. going the other way can be a little fiddly at the moment (no big deal) but that will change when peeps start converting more of their holdings into Shadow

Send a few sdc>shadow txs of diff size to mix it up some. Check the Chain Data section of ur wallet to see what you've created! keep them as shadow as long as you can and convert different amounts back to sdc gradually if need be..

Someone mentioned sending 1111.11111111, thats a cool idea. be creative.

these shadowy tokens are the shizzle.

We must destroy sdc to create Shadow.
We must restore balance to the Force. At the moment there is too much light.
We need the power of the dark side to grow (50/50 shadow/sdc)
live long anon \o/

It's as if Ryno + Technovert just gave us a new car, say it's a Ferrari. Now we gotta learn how to drive it. We're still parked.
(hehe)

UPDATE: At this time I count roughly 42,000 shadow on the Chain Data. Lets see how quickly we can get to 420,000 Shadow and then to 1,000,000 (we should have a celebration for this milestone Smiley )

UPDATE: Now at roughly 60,000 Shadow tokens on the network. Well done those of you that have begun destroying some SDC in favour of the ZK anon Shadow tokens!

But we need MORE! MUCH MUCH MORE!

So still under 1% of SDC has entered the way of the Shadow. The target should be (at least) 50% IMO.

Reminder:

- We need more Shadow tokens to add more anon inputs/outputs for anon transactions.
- Also don't forget to stake your SDC! Shadow tokens don't stake BUT using them will add transaction fees for staking wallets to collect.
- Destroying SDC for Shadow will decrease available SDC supply. Think about that.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
January 12, 2015, 07:40:47 AM
Still a while to go until the #1 has sold it all.

2015-01-05:

2015-01-07:

2015-01-10:

looks like CryptoDouble has 'nearly' sold every SDC they could have ^^

I wish nobody here put coins in that scam... (been some days they didn't pay SDC)

edit: and the sdc wallet is 'unavailable', how convenient ^^
January 11, 2015, 10:00:44 PM
Perhaps you should fire up testnet and see the difference in DS compared to what is already on mainnet.

meh…

instead i'm a gonna destroy some SDC to create Shadow…
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
January 11, 2015, 09:27:00 PM
I don't think there's much point comparing DRK's anon with ours (altho people of course will and afaik the writing's on the wall), and I'm not about to recite a long list of reasons why I dislike Masternodes and moved away from Darkcoin a long, long time ago.

I will not mention how, to me, Darkcoin masternodes remind me of TOR nodes and are undeniably points of trusted centralisation (and failure) on the DRK network. I will not make mention of how nobody seems to run their MN from home and how convoluted, kludgy and slow the DRK anon system seems.

I mean no offence and I have no desire to start a flame war with DRK fanboys (after all I used to be one). But when I wake up for my morning coffee and check the SDC thread only to see pie-charts of DRK MN distribution…

…then I gotta give my two Rynos.

Good morning gentlemen.

It has more to do with one of your bagholders spreading speculation not only here, but in our thread. Things that are wrong should be corrected, period.

Well please correct thia problem...nearly 2 weeks and dark send still hasn't been able to mix my 600 drk in 2 rounds... Just sits idle for about 80% of day... So  Yea it is clunky and slow... And still can't even do 2 rounds so I wouldnt act like 8 rounds is very feasible right now

Perhaps you should fire up testnet and see the difference in DS compared to what is already on mainnet.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
January 11, 2015, 08:58:15 PM
Last twitter news for Shadowcash. Roadmap renewal

https://twitter.com/mason_capital/status/554347698342866944

I, for one, can't wait for App redesign.

Let's get some mobile eye-candy! *drools*

I like this roadmap! But I hope the mobile wallet is either a light wallet or runs off a SD card, keeping the full blockchain in phone memory just doesn't seem like a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 11, 2015, 07:42:05 PM

Do you feel me?  Cool
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
January 11, 2015, 04:15:48 PM

I, for one, can't wait for App redesign.

Let's get some mobile eye-candy! *drools*
January 11, 2015, 04:06:39 PM
Over 0.5 btc was donated in the last 24 hours... Keep going as the target is not far off.

Less than 2 btc in order to raise enough funds for the SDC peer review.

That's not even 0.02 btc per person if 100 community members chip in, under $6 each!

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit

DONATE TODAY AND FEEL PROUD TO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO A PART OF CRYPTO HISTORY

Ok i sent a donation Smiley

BUMP! Get ur hands outta ur pockets!  Grin
Activity: 462
January 11, 2015, 03:22:16 PM
I don't think there's much point comparing DRK's anon with ours (altho people of course will and afaik the writing's on the wall), and I'm not about to recite a long list of reasons why I dislike Masternodes and moved away from Darkcoin a long, long time ago.

I will not mention how, to me, Darkcoin masternodes remind me of TOR nodes and are undeniably points of trusted centralisation (and failure) on the DRK network. I will not make mention of how nobody seems to run their MN from home and how convoluted, kludgy and slow the DRK anon system seems.

I mean no offence and I have no desire to start a flame war with DRK fanboys (after all I used to be one). But when I wake up for my morning coffee and check the SDC thread only to see pie-charts of DRK MN distribution…

Good morning gentlemen.

It has more to do with one of your bagholders spreading speculation not only here, but in our thread. Things that are wrong should be corrected, period.

Well please correct thia problem...nearly 2 weeks and dark send still hasn't been able to mix my 600 drk in 2 rounds... Just sits idle for about 80% of day... So  Yea it is clunky and slow... And still can't even do 2 rounds so I wouldnt act like 8 rounds is very feasible right now
legendary
January 11, 2015, 03:10:32 PM

The shadow market will be really nice
January 11, 2015, 03:04:26 PM
We have a reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowCash

It is nice.

If you subscribe there we will have more subscribers.

That would be nice.  Smiley

Soon I will turn off the snow.

Thank you.

For your observation (bump)
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
January 11, 2015, 02:45:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io
January 11, 2015, 01:51:35 PM
It's good now that were at 81 addresses over 10k Smiley

We actually have good distribution for a coin that hardly anyone knows about.   
legendary
January 11, 2015, 12:33:49 PM
It's good now that were at 81 addresses over 10k Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
January 11, 2015, 10:57:58 AM

Good morning gentlemen.

Jump to: