Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 402. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2015, 05:23:20 PM
http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/

Code:
Shadow Tokens
200,010.88079916*

Some nice conversions to Shadow today ...

Beautiful blockexplorer. Awesome work. It should be "Explorer 1" at the OP, not 2. Very glad to see Shdowtokens section

Hmm interesting. Ill do some 5k transactions right now then

Shadow Tokens
315,910.88079916*

Where are they ?? Is something wrong with my wallet ? I can't even convert 0.03 or 1 shadow back to sdc... I only succeed once converting back to sdc with a small input of 4 sdc or so Huh?

snipped

Relaunch your wallet bro …
and will repost my advice re Shadow>SDC post-hence (its all good)
DONE. see quote below
They're all there Smiley

btw almost shat myself when I saw the 100k I/O

SCENARIO

A. You already created a stealth addy. You sent SDC to it with a "SDC to Shadow" send. You now have Shadow and SDC in your wallet.

B. You have presumably been awestruck spending "Shadow to Shadow" with ZK anon.

C. You now wish to convert some Shadow back to SDC.

SHADOW TO SDC

1. Go to the Send section of your wallet and select "Shadow to SDC" as the send type

2. Paste the stealth addy of the recipient (if you are the recipient then paste your own stealth addy). this part is counter-intuitive but YES you enter a stealth addy to create SDC!

3. Enter a send amount of 100 (for example) If you don't have 100 try 10, if u don't have 10 try 1. If necessary refer to the Chain Data section of your wallet to determine available input/output amounts (this  will not be necessary as the Shadow network grows)

Reminder: The anon outputs need to be 10 blocks deep before they can be spent - thanks to St3baS

4. Click "Suggest Ring Size"

5. Click "Send"

6. You will receive the SDC in a new SDC addy generated in your wallet on the fly (not in your old SDC addy).

Notes:

- If the stealth addy you paste in is highlighted red there is a prob with it. check there is'nt a space in the addy (this can happen sometimes when copy/pasting from the web)
- You might notice some unknown addys in your Receive section after you make a Shadow>SDC (some of these will be labelled with ao in front iirc). These appear as a result of the send and will disappear after the wallet is restarted. Your new SDC addy will of course remain.
- If it doesn't work restart ur wallet and try it again

Thoughts:

Additionally my feeling is you should always leave some dust Shadow amounts even if you want to convert all to SDC and cash out. These dust amounts (e.g. 0.5423) will improve the systems overall anon by confusing SDC>Shadow>SDC even more (in my opinion anyway).

\o/

p.s. IMO if you don't convert at least 20% of your SDC to Shadow you totally suck and don't belong. Savvy?
 Cool  Tongue

p.p.s Steve Rambam said "Privacy is dead, get over it".

Steve: This one's for you Wink

(in crypto we trust…)

Activity: 812
January 14, 2015, 05:17:16 PM

Hello? Can we get 5 BTC to show the world we rock?

(pssst… I know we rock Wink )
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
January 14, 2015, 03:56:38 PM
http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/

Code:
Shadow Tokens
200,010.88079916*

Some nice conversions to Shadow today ...

Beautiful blockexplorer. Awesome work. It should be "Explorer 1" at the OP, not 2. Very glad to see Shdowtokens section

Hmm interesting. Ill do some 5k transactions right now then

Shadow Tokens
315,910.88079916*

Where are they ?? Is something wrong with my wallet ? I can't even convert 0.03 or 1 shadow back to sdc... I only succeed once converting back to sdc with a small input of 4 sdc or so Huh?

Activity: 522
Merit: 266
January 14, 2015, 03:33:52 PM
Seems like it would be worth contacting this new platform to accept this coin as a form of payment.  

motherboard.vice.com/read/silk-road-reloaded-i2p

I would have thought that openly courting these markets is somewhat risky. If our anon is strong and scales and becomes a workable de-facto, digital cash equivalent, it will attract the best in people as well as the worst. I prefer to let the worst sort themselves out.

I don't think its fair to call operators of dark markets the worst of people.  Many of them are honorable and good people.  This particular website seems to honor true values by not allowing stolen credit cards or other harmful things, but just allowing a free market to operate for drugs and stuff.  Personally I think the drug war, and prohibition is horrible and causes a lot more problems than it solves.  Although I agree drugs can really be harmful, and I don't do them, I think its also harmful to lock people in a cage for drugs.  Studies showed that the original Silk Road reduced violence, and made things a lot safer.  I think it would be great if they implemented ShadowCash into their system.

That wasnt a blanket statement on the DNM. 'Brings out the Best of people,worst of people' meant just that. Wherever they are.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
January 14, 2015, 01:59:55 PM
Seems like it would be worth contacting this new platform to accept this coin as a form of payment.  

I would have thought that openly courting these markets is somewhat risky. If our anon is strong and scales and becomes a workable de-facto, digital cash equivalent, it will attract the best in people as well as the worst. I prefer to let the worst sort themselves out.

I don't think its fair to call operators of dark markets the worst of people.  Many of them are honorable and good people.  This particular website seems to honor true values by not allowing stolen credit cards or other harmful things, but just allowing a free market to operate for drugs and stuff.  Personally I think the drug war, and prohibition is horrible and causes a lot more problems than it solves.  Although I agree drugs can really be harmful, and I don't do them, I think its also harmful to lock people in a cage for drugs.  Studies showed that the original Silk Road reduced violence, and made things a lot safer.  I think it would be great if they implemented ShadowCash into their system.

You have to separate that which is merely illegal (for good or bad reason) and that which turns off and scares away mainstream people. Human traffickers, terrorists are in the latter category, but most people are tolerant of adults voluntarily doing drugs. Also consider what is illegal depends on where you live. Being I'm American guns are legal for me, but playing poker online is not. If I lived in the UK it would be the opposite. In other countries it is certain books that are illegal, or making donations to the wrong religion. Being billions of people live in places where respectable things happen to be illegal, anonymity protects far more good people than the people we would all agree are evil.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 14, 2015, 12:36:10 PM

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 14, 2015, 12:31:27 PM
What's with this conversion from SDC to Shadow?

At the moment I have all SDC using the latest build from Github.

Any posts on what Shadow is or why there is a conversion or even how or why to convert it?

Appreciate it.

Basically there are 2 units of account, both SDC, and Shadow (SDT).  The Shadow is completely anonymous, while the SDC is transparent and can be tracked easily on the blockchain.  So its the best of both worlds really.  I think this slide presentation by CoolStoryTeller is good for explaining how the system works:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g577a31a2a_086

Also, it may be beneficial to put this presentation in the OP for new people to check it out and understand how it works.
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 14, 2015, 12:28:36 PM
Only 1.49 to go to complete code review donations !!!

(..)

C'mon guys, let's chip in. This review could be the "lit fuse" we're looking for!

Especially with what is going on now people want to invest in something good. A big sdc pump would be key
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
January 14, 2015, 12:07:37 PM

(..)

C'mon guys, let's chip in. This review could be the "lit fuse" we're looking for!
Activity: 527
January 14, 2015, 10:26:22 AM

Transactions
No. Transactions   20   

Total Received   3.51568259 BTC   

Final Balance   3.51568259 BTC   

well?Huh

BUMP

those who do not wish to participate in donation, and in the same time hold SDC, you may have a good reason for it. Please share it with all of us your reasons, perhaps you can enlighten us.

21 ppl donated

BTC have very low price now,
if 21 more ppl make donations, we need 0.07btc or 14.5$,
if that is much to spend on review and good start for PR, then shame on all of us!

Activity: 821
January 14, 2015, 08:12:05 AM
Can anyone explain to me :

If i convert SDC to Shadow , a change adres will be made. Do i need to make a new backup of the wallet? Or can i use the old wallet still? Else i have to re-backup the wallet everytime I do a conversion from sdc to shadow?

can someone answer me please Smiley bumping my question.

Just for sake of clarity Smiley

OK, so every time I convert Shadow to SDC I create a new SDC address.

Yes every-time you send coins (shadow or SDC) to a stealth address it will generate a new SDC Address

Is this a new private key?

Every SDC Address has a new private key, however because this SDC Address was generated by sending coins to a "stealth address" aslong as you have a backup of your wallet when you created the stealth address you do not need to back it up again. All future SDC addresses created by sending money to that "stealth address" are covered. This is a bit like a HD wallet but not quite ...
Obviously you can never be too careful so backup as necessary.

It seems like over time I will have hundreds of keys and stealth/public addresses in the wallet.

Yes but as per above, if the funds where sent to a "stealth address" then it does not matter as you can re-create those SDC Addresses and corresponding private keys from your stealth address backup.
Activity: 277
January 14, 2015, 07:43:38 AM
Can anyone explain to me :

If i convert SDC to Shadow , a change adres will be made. Do i need to make a new backup of the wallet? Or can i use the old wallet still? Else i have to re-backup the wallet everytime I do a conversion from sdc to shadow?

can someone answer me please Smiley bumping my question.
January 14, 2015, 01:46:24 AM
well well ! The shadows are exploding :

315,910 are now available for dancing!!!

somebody has been busy. Great to have if the review takes place. A bit of gravity in the anon outputs....whoever did it: go guys!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
January 14, 2015, 12:04:18 AM

NO!!!
January 13, 2015, 10:48:52 PM

Activity: 479
January 13, 2015, 10:36:48 PM

January 13, 2015, 10:25:46 PM

Transactions
No. Transactions   20   

well?Huh

Tough times when sdc is not going up and btc going straight down ... I donated but rough times my friend

btc is joining the establishment. With the btc market cap, real world large players can do whatever they want to bitcoin prices and volumes until they own the majority. Then we see where it goes.....Shake every loose hand out there. Consolidate. Regulate. Then go mainstream. Its the logical thing to do. Therefore:Patience. Good time to buy IMO. If not now then soon. 'Blood in the streets' . I smell a rat.
As to SDC...3.5 out of 5 ain't bad and shows some commitment regardless of where fiat exch rate is currently at. Coin is good, shadow creation / destruction is a good concept and time is on our side. Surpassing DRK has to be the legitimate aspiration here.
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
January 13, 2015, 10:13:54 PM
What's with this conversion from SDC to Shadow?

At the moment I have all SDC using the latest build from Github.

Any posts on what Shadow is or why there is a conversion or even how or why to convert it?

Appreciate it.
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 13, 2015, 09:51:43 PM

Transactions
No. Transactions   20   

well?Huh

Tough times when sdc is not going up and btc going straight down ... I donated but rough times my friend
January 13, 2015, 09:49:19 PM

Transactions
No. Transactions   20   

well?Huh
Jump to: