Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 92. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
I noticed Bittrex market is disabled due to a "possible fork".  Did they not update to the new version in time?

Market operating nicely on polo, currently above 50k sats.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I noticed Bittrex market is disabled due to a "possible fork".  Did they not update to the new version in time?

However I don't understand, it happens often that my client is suddenly a few hundred blocks behind, and doesn't catch up anymore.
Is there an explanation for that?

There have been changes made to the latest 1.4.0.2 which should resolve what you are experiencing .. Please let us know how you get on in the next few days.

I will, thanks.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

However I don't understand, it happens often that my client is suddenly a few hundred blocks behind, and doesn't catch up anymore.

There have been changes made to the latest 1.4.0.2 which should resolve what you are experiencing .. Please let us know how you get on in the next few days.
If you find yourself not on the same block as shown here (after todays fork) : http://explorer.shadow.cash/chain/ShadowCash

Quickest way to get in sync is.

1. Close Wallet
2. Download : https://github.com/ShadowProject/blockchain/releases/download/latest/blockchain.zip
3. Delete blk001.dat, txleveldb and peers.dat from Shadowcoin app directory
4. Extract downloaded file into Shadowcoin app directory
5. Start client
6. Check against explorer again

Thanks, this did the trick again for me.

Aside from that Im really excited to see that things are finally coming together for SDC.
The rise in price/marketcap was expected and deserved.

I just hope that we can maintain this upward momentum atleast untill the release of the Market and other features.

Keep it up, ill be holding strong! Wink

Hmm that issue of a few hundred blocks behind is strange. Are you solving it through the blockchain.zip method?

Thank you for your kind words, the team appreciates it  Wink

Yep, that fixed it. I saw some other nodes that might be experiencing the same problem, hope they check this thread aswell.
Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
If you find yourself not on the same block as shown here (after todays fork) : http://explorer.shadow.cash/chain/ShadowCash

1. Close Wallet
2. Download : https://github.com/ShadowProject/blockchain/releases/download/latest/blockchain.zip
5. Start client

Aside from that Im really excited to see that things are finally coming together for SDC.

I just hope that we can maintain this upward momentum atleast untill the release of the Market and other features.

Hmm that issue of a few hundred blocks behind is strange. Are you solving it through the blockchain.zip method?

Thank you for your kind words, the team appreciates it  Wink

1. Close Wallet
5. Start client

Activity: 821

1. Close Wallet
5. Start client
legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
We are finally seeing some well deserved movement in market cap. I expect we will see many times the current value soon thanks to an outstanding dev team!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Patience and hard work pays off in the long run Smiley
Happy to report Shadow 1.4.0.2 up and running like a raped ape.  Grin
LOL.
I think we need a new disclaimer..

Disclaimer: Shadow does not endorse or condone any sexual intercourse with animals.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Happy to report Shadow 1.4.0.2 up and running like a raped ape.  Grin
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Single most undervalued crypto in the crypto sphere. 

1. Dedicated, battle tested development team.
2. FUD'D into almost obscurity in 2015.
3. Upcoming semi monthly reports to build investor confidence.
4. Most important, the upcoming anon marketplace daily transaction potential.
5. Ignored and not pumped during this previous ETH liquidity cycle.
6. Insanely low coin count compared to potential marketplace volume.
7.POS for that sweet staking.
8. Pro for speculators, inflation could be a major issue which is a con if you buying to get products on the upcoming marketplace.
9. Really nice graphics team. Look at SYS wallet's marketplace. It's not appealing.

Good job sticking through 2014-15 guys really impressive!!

Can't wait for some screen shots of the marketplace GUI.

Why are we trying to retrieve the funds given to Zeuner? Don't we want someone examining shadowsend?  I read after the alpha market release there are plans to hire a cryptographer.  Would he/she be looking at just the market code or shadowsend as well?
Zeuner has become unresponsive, but we do however have his contact details. We're assuming that he hasn't been checking his emails anymore, but we're looking into alternative ways to contact him.

Yes we want someone to examine ShadowSend for sure, peer review is important.

The market code makes use of ShadowChat, which could certainly make use a of a review. The cryptography behind ShadowChat is very sound, we're more looking into a code review of that part. ShadowSend uses different cryptographical methods (Ring Sigs, NIZKP) that are not used in ShadowChat, because of the wide range of methods it's not easy finding a cryptographer that's experienced with all of them.

Also, I made an HD wallet (I know I'm late) and didn't put a passphrase in.  I sent all my coins to it and made a backup of the HD wallet, not that it is really needed.  I wanted the wallet password protected so I hit settings, encrypt wallet and it warned me that all old backups wouldn't be useful for security reasons.  Is this true? Should I replace those backups? And either way my phrase always works correct?
Well, we helped you with  this on Slack so going to skip this, but for the sake of the purpose I will repost  the instructions of dasource.
It was really awesome seeing how well the devs handled the bug and I can't wait for all the great things still to come.  Thanks for the help!
I think we handled this bug very well, if anything we've come out stronger  Smiley You're welcome.
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
It seems that since sdc was mentioned in the science mag it has gained some exposure from people outside of these forums.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Hey everyone! I've been away from the forums for a while but am excited to see how well shadow has been doing while I've been gone.  I had some questions that would be great if someone knew the answer to.

Why are we trying to retrieve the funds given to Zeuner? Don't we want someone examining shadowsend?  I read after the alpha market release there are plans to hire a cryptographer.  Would he/she be looking at just the market code or shadowsend as well?

Also, I made an HD wallet (I know I'm late) and didn't put a passphrase in.  I sent all my coins to it and made a backup of the HD wallet, not that it is really needed.  I wanted the wallet password protected so I hit settings, encrypt wallet and it warned me that all old backups wouldn't be useful for security reasons.  Is this true? Should I replace those backups? And either way my phrase always works correct?

It was really awesome seeing how well the devs handled the bug and I can't wait for all the great things still to come.  Thanks for the help!
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
code: We've also updated the roadmap on the website to keep track of our progress, we'll be making a graphical version too for the Bitcointalk thread.
Activity: 31
Very solid guys these new updates are going to push the momentum even further.  Can't wait to see how the market works!  Amazing work,  love the new Wallet! ☺️
Awesome news, Rynomster  Grin
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
Nice rise guys! I`m sure we will soon over pass 1 million market cap!
Pages:
Jump to: