Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 96. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
February 19, 2016, 01:20:41 PM
Might as well post this one-sided article here now before someone else thinks it's breaking news:
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/02/17/shadowcash-deanonymized/

To me, this looks like a paid article.. lets see if the bounty gets confirmed..

code: The bounty has already been paid, you can check the address posted by Shen on github.

True, just for the lazy ones: Here's the issue on GitHub and here's Shen's address.
Activity: 624
February 19, 2016, 12:59:30 PM
code: The bounty has already been paid, you can check the address posted by Shen on github.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
February 19, 2016, 12:58:09 PM
Might as well post this one-sided article here now before someone else thinks it's breaking news:

To me, this looks like a paid article.. lets see if the bounty gets confirmed..
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
February 19, 2016, 11:59:53 AM
Yeah it is cool that this leak is a huge opportunity to improve the tech behind the coin, but the other side of the medal is that a coin which claimed to be truly private has been revealed to be not and its whole hidden blockchain has been deanonymized.

And this all happened before the market and before it is likely that even one sensitive transaction had been conducted.
February 19, 2016, 11:57:58 AM

Imagine how great the crypto community would be if so many fools weren't trying to burn it down. We will all get there eventually, but it would be a lot faster if more people concentrated on positive contributions.

I look at this as a buying opportunity. The determination of this coin tells me there is no doubt the issue will be resolved ASAP. It's not like Bitcoin hasn't had it's share of flaws...

I do not get why anyone in crypto wants to see any coin look bad. Outsiders (>99% of the world) see all cryptocurrencies as the same and what reflects badly upon one transfers to your holdings too.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
February 19, 2016, 11:13:40 AM
Yeah it is cool that this leak is a huge opportunity to improve the tech behind the coin, but the other side of the medal is that a coin which claimed to be truly private has been revealed to be not and its whole hidden blockchain has been deanonymized.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
February 19, 2016, 10:15:58 AM

Imagine how great the crypto community would be if so many fools weren't trying to burn it down. We will all get there eventually, but it would be a lot faster if more people concentrated on positive contributions.

I look at this as a buying opportunity. The determination of this coin tells me there is no doubt the issue will be resolved ASAP. It's not like Bitcoin hasn't had it's share of flaws...
February 19, 2016, 05:43:03 AM
code: Join us on Slack or GitHub, we're always a bit cautious of BitcoinTalk.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 19, 2016, 03:53:35 AM
wow, i leave this thread for a few days after politely commenting on a potential flaw regarding an implementation due to lack of mathematical sophistication, acknowledgement of where to find the code and having looked at it to say that the conversation on github is more civil than here, only to find my comment removed.

discussing math and its proper implementation must be too hard.  

clearly the devs know more math than anyone else and solidly refute sound mathematical proofs.  

if anyone wants to have a go and find out about me before my comment gets removed again, PM me and i can send along my gpg credentials.
Maybe you just quoted an asshole in your reply? I dunno. But since you are late to that conversation by at least a full day or two, allow me to fill you in.
SDC paid out the bounty.
SDC has a fix they are set to release that sounds pretty neat.
If you have any questions, feel free to join the slack chan to ask about the fix. I am sure those dudes would love to talk to you about the specifics.
Adios muchacho.

Quite possibly I quoted an asshole.  But ... what strikes me odd is that someone quoted me immediately afterwared and their comment (with my comment missing) was gone.  So, clearly it's a failed recursive delete as the next person's comment that included a quote from some asshole was not deleted. Either that ... or arbitrarily deleting comments was the rule of the day.

Slack?  Sure.  I love a good math-chat.  And am quite interested in the fix and why the shrugging off of the math.

As for the newly noted topic summary that I see now ...

edu-online: For the record: the only posts that have been removed are those of newbie accounts that are clearly set up to spread FUD. Anyone else is absolutely free to share their opinion. Just do it on your main account and in a polite and respectfull way. There have been people creating new accounts over and over. Talking, quoting and replying to themselfs to disrupt normal conversations between our users. I'm sorry but thats something we will just never accept. For the past days, it has become very clear to us that there are many people that are trying to affect SDC's price by coming here and trashing our developers. Try to communicate in a polite and respectful way and don't set up 10 new accounts to create chaos and destroy good coversation. To those of you who really have concerns or anyone else that would like to share their opinion. Use your main account. Do not hesitate and set up a post here or contact our developers directly trough Slack. We will try to comment as soon as we can. Thanks in advance.

I never quite understood why someone who rarely posts gets accused of a sock puppet account ... clearly, date joined, and prior posts are never considered as a means to determine whether someone is bringing up legitimate concerns or is just trolling.
February 19, 2016, 03:12:33 AM
edu-online: For the record: the only posts that have been removed are those of newbie accounts that are clearly set up to spread FUD. Anyone else is absolutely free to share their opinion. Just do it on your main account and in a polite and respectfull way. There have been people creating new accounts over and over. Talking, quoting and replying to themselfs to disrupt normal conversations between our users. I'm sorry but thats something we will just never accept. For the past days, it has become very clear to us that there are many people that are trying to affect SDC's price by coming here and trashing our developers. Try to communicate in a polite and respectful way and don't set up 10 new accounts to create chaos and destroy good coversation. To those of you who really have concerns or anyone else that would like to share their opinion. Use your main account. Do not hesitate and set up a post here or contact our developers directly trough Slack. We will try to comment as soon as we can. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 896
February 19, 2016, 03:02:25 AM
wow, i leave this thread for a few days after politely commenting on a potential flaw regarding an implementation due to lack of mathematical sophistication, acknowledgement of where to find the code and having looked at it to say that the conversation on github is more civil than here, only to find my comment removed.

clearly the devs know more math than anyone else and solidly refute sound mathematical proofs.  

if anyone wants to have a go and find out about me before my comment gets removed again, PM me and i can send along my gpg credentials.
Maybe you just quoted an asshole in your reply? I dunno. But since you are late to that conversation by at least a full day or two, allow me to fill you in.
SDC paid out the bounty.
SDC has a fix they are set to release that sounds pretty neat.
If you have any questions, feel free to join the slack chan to ask about the fix. I am sure those dudes would love to talk to you about the specifics.
Adios muchacho.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 19, 2016, 02:29:45 AM

Activity: 149
Merit: 102
February 18, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

It's a questionary article
Activity: 149
Merit: 102
February 18, 2016, 01:36:50 PM
....We need a full zk release, voice file and video support, a code cleanup, an update to the mobile range, updated pos system ect ect the list goes on.

You went back and faked that. I'm not having it.

And don't bother with mirrors. I can get a guy in India to fake those for a weeks supply of rice.

Nope, gotta do that with BitCoinz
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
February 17, 2016, 01:49:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
February 17, 2016, 04:09:01 AM
i want to thank monero team for making sdc more valuable than monero in the future.
February 17, 2016, 03:40:43 AM
"We would like to say thank you to @ShenNoether for finding the flaw, and the bounty will be paid in SDC at the SDC price before the flaw was revealed to the public. This is the reason we set up the bounty program in the first place, to improve shadow's privacy, usability, etc."

Nice to see Team ShadowCash is doing the right thing and rewarding Shen for his incredibly valuable, fortuitous insight.

Of the bug bounty is a pittance compared to the actual value of what Shen discovered, but I see it more as an honorarium than an economically competitive motivation.

If Shen wanted to go black hat, he could have made a lot more than the trivial, borderline insulting ~5 BTC being proffered.

I agree. The bounty did its job, it's supposed to be trivial. If someone wants to analyze code for a living there are companies that pay well for that, but unlike a bug bounty you don't get to do it on your own terms.

Now let's address the outrageous behavior recently exhibited by a segment of the SDC community...

What community? The people here have nothing in common other than holding a currency. It's like the USD or EUR community... say what? I'm just a monkey with some coins. The devs paid their bounty, now I assume they're busy fixing code.
Activity: 896
February 16, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
For those following, there is a glibc exploit that affects all Bitcoin nodes (and all nodes of Bitcoin clones).

Here is Google's writeup on the issue: https://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2016/02/cve-2015-7547-glibc-getaddrinfo-stack.html

It can be exploited by an attacker in a number of scenarios, primarily when resolving DNS seeds.
[...]

First to post! Is that ok for bounties?  Tongue
(kidding oc)
Thanks I saw you guys talking about that earlier and meant to bring it up but got sidetracked by the entertaining dash troll in your thread. Appreciated.
Activity: 606
February 16, 2016, 03:21:32 PM
For those following, there is a glibc exploit that affects all Bitcoin nodes (and all nodes of Bitcoin clones).

Here is Google's writeup on the issue: https://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2016/02/cve-2015-7547-glibc-getaddrinfo-stack.html

It can be exploited by an attacker in a number of scenarios, primarily when resolving DNS seeds.
[...]

(kidding oc)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
February 16, 2016, 03:03:14 PM

[...]

(kidding oc)
Pages:
Jump to: