Pages:
Author

Topic: SebastianJu accepts transaction buying/selling bitcointalk accounts - page 3. (Read 1092 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%

If it's everyone's responsibility, why have you tagged a grand total of ZERO scammers/spammers/shady ICOs/anything else?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
Selling accounts here isn't against the rules, but you'd know that if you were ever a part of the community.  Account sales are seriously frowned upon, however, which is why I tagged you for doing that.  I don't tag escrows for keeping those transactions safe, even though I'd much prefer that they didn't get in the middle of account sales.  If you have a problem with that, you can continue your complaint here or wherever you like.  

However, you come off as someone who's aggravated that he got tagged and now wants everyone else to get negative trust so that his sense of justice isn't offended.  You've done sweet fuck-all for bitcointalk except shitposting and account sales, so there's a limit as to how seriously I'm going to take your thread here.

I think if the community is frowning against account sales, then it should be total. What is the main purpose of doing this? We all know the ills that comes along with it and the escrow in this case is a respected member of the forum and should have declined such trade in my opinion.

The only situation where the middlemen is to be spared is if he is not aware of the nature of the trade and the only thing he did is just to hold funds for the transaction. The cleaning of the forum should be everyone's responsibility.

Edit: However, making this about the escrow which the Op is trying to achieve here is also not the right way to go because the parties involved knew what they are trying to do and if SebastianJu didn't do the escrow, someone else would probably do it but its better to discourage all avenue that makes it lucrative. #my opinion.
copper member
Merit: 899
🖤😏
I am willing to bet this is not the first time they are escrowing for account deals, if they are not tagged red they would assume it's OK to do this kind of deals and every account farmer would trade their accounts with ease of mind without ever getting caught. but be my guest and let this one slide. good for account sellers, now they know how to sell and buy accounts with no problem.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
Escrowing doesn't make you untrustworthy, but buying and selling accounts does, in the eyes of some people.
The thing people like The Pharmacist want to get rid off is account sales, not trade escrows.
So where's the point in tagging escrows? You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts, you do not want to discourage people from escrowing for trades.
And yes, many escrows will not offer their services for trades that do involve accounts, but that should be something up to the decision of the escrow themselves,
especially with a topic as controversial as account sales.

haha pharmacist, have fun with trollgaran.

To be honest I agree, acting as the escrow for account sales itself doesn't qualify as untrustworthy to me and doesn't deserve a neg tag IMO

I do have a problem in general though with any escrow that chooses to work on account sales and you touched on it here
You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts,
The problem for me is that an escrow actually encourages account sales farming IMO.  Providing a secure and safe environment for which both the seller and buyer can operate allows more people the confidence to "game the system" with a purchased account.  Especially when they know that the account info won't leak out from the escrow causing red paint.

It really is a hotbed topic and very subjective but I don't think any respected member should be doing anything to encourage that environment...
copper member
🖤😏
SebastianJu is escrowing a deal to make sure it goes smooth with no problem, he is directly facilitating an account sales deal, however you put it, is no different than helping people to successfully trade accounts.
If nobody is going to take any action, I'll even though my trust feedback means jack. unless he discloses the names and UIDs of those accounts involved.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Escrowing doesn't make you untrustworthy, but buying and selling accounts does, in the eyes of some people.
The thing people like The Pharmacist want to get rid off is account sales, not trade escrows.
So where's the point in tagging escrows? You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts, you do not want to discourage people from escrowing for trades.
And yes, many escrows will not offer their services for trades that do involve accounts, but that should be something up to the decision of the escrow themselves,
especially with a topic as controversial as account sales.

haha pharmacist, have fun with trollgaran.
copper member
🖤😏
Yes I see it too, this is the same as account selling however I think The Pharmacist is not the kind of DT2 who could go against people such as SebastianJu. this is no different than any other account sales, no escrow should ever engage in a deal like this.

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Selling accounts here isn't against the rules, but you'd know that if you were ever a part of the community.  Account sales are seriously frowned upon, however, which is why I tagged you for doing that.  I don't tag escrows for keeping those transactions safe, even though I'd much prefer that they didn't get in the middle of account sales.  If you have a problem with that, you can continue your complaint here or wherever you like. 

However, you come off as someone who's aggravated that he got tagged and now wants everyone else to get negative trust so that his sense of justice isn't offended.  You've done sweet fuck-all for bitcointalk except shitposting and account sales, so there's a limit as to how seriously I'm going to take your thread here.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts
No, account sales are not prohibited they are generally discouraged.

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

SebastianJu accepts transaction buying/selling bitcointalk accounts.
SebastianJu is just an escrow. He is not a seller or buyer of account. Only Buyer or Seller of accounts are tagged.
Escrows are just middleman for transactions, they are not encouraging account sales.
yes i know he just escrow, and i see a lot of people forbid to sell or buy bitcointalk account or giving red trust to accounts selling.

then I try to ask more here.
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts
No, account sales are not prohibited they are generally discouraged.

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

SebastianJu is just an escrow. He is not a seller or buyer of account. Only Buyer or Seller of accounts are tagged.
Escrows are just middleman for transactions, they are not encouraging account sales.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
how this can happen, forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts, but escrow receive transaction sell/buy forum account ?

https://i.imgur.com/kWH31mu.png
Pages:
Jump to: