Pages:
Author

Topic: Self-made Legendary Observer - we have the second Legendary-joniboini, Congrats! - page 5. (Read 2583 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
Definitely going to bookmark this thread. I'm going to link this topic every time some bonehead says something ridiculous like "iTs iMpOsSiBLe fOr NeWbiE tO eArN MeRiT".
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I'm not saying that for those with 100 airdropped was easier, no but you had a longer way and you had a chance to have learned more than a newbie during your time on the forum.
That's it --- From my experience over last nearly two years with the merit system (we have come closer to the 2nd anniversary of the merit system), users who began from scratch with the merit system mostly have become more reputable here, and likely have better capability to earn more merits.

This is an obvious fact, self-made users (who began from scratches) have never stopped ranking up but users with airdropped merits mostly have been stucked at their ranks at the merit system's birthday. Personally I would prefer to call self-made users as laborious ones.

There are many causal factors but I think there are some very important ones:
  • They began from zero that forced them to learn and work harder than users who got 10/ 100 airdropped merits -- who tend to more lazy to learn several months after the birthday of the merit system. Likely because of they felt satisfied with what they were airdropped (ranks & merits) then when they decided to fight for merits they already fell behind (in both of knowledge, skills and posting habits)
  • They built up their good posting habits from their scratches which in turn help them to rank up gradually from lower to higher ranks. Fortunately, when they ranked up to higher ranks (Senior Member and above) their good posting habits are something like unchangeable. They would prefer to make good posts and I believe most of them say No to shit posts.

To sum up, I meant: Work hard first, then sweet 'fruits' [1] will come later (months or years later).

[1]: Fruits mean merits, ranks, reputation and income.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
Let's complain and create a new topic "Activity is so unfair. Remove it plz."  Tongue

I'm not saying that for those with 100 airdropped was easier, no but you had a longer way and you had a chance to have learned more than a newbie during your time on the forum.
Actually, I think it's harder to earn Merit when users are Legendary and their Merit is above 1,000.

In our local board (and in local boards in general), Merit is still somehow scarce and people tend to Merit users "in need" of Merit until they get Legendary. That's totally right, I'm also preferring to spend my Merit for lower ranked users even while a big part of very good posts are usually written by high-ranked users. So actually, those users who had airdropped many Merits already have much more difficulties to get a "real" Legendary (1000 Merit earned) while Newbies don't have this disadvantage because lower ranks are getting Merit more frequently. 

Of course, if you are refferring to users until they become Legendary (1,000 Merit in total, no matter if it's earned or airdropped), Brand New users after Merit was introduced have to go the hard way.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

After comparing the two lists very closely, technically and mathematically and after applying solid rocket science on both lists ,  I think the list made by suchmoon makes more sense , and that's based on the fact that unlike the other list, this one has my name in it  Grin.

Thanks.

I am sure I saw your name in my list!
 Cry
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Which are you  " old worthless "   even though you have 3000 or more earned merits

or me  I am also "old and worthless"  even though I earned  958 merits. Last I looked I was at 1958  I think I was airdropped 1000 points

That's tongue-in-cheek for sure but iasenko has a point. We both have been here for years, trolling learning stuff that may have made it easier for us to live with the merit system, compared to people who joined two years ago and got thrown into the deep end with 0 merits. I know I did earn a few merits for posts made before the merit system, so there is that too.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
~

Fair enough. Looks like we may need some different Legendary ranks so that we could tell them apart Grin

• Old worthless pre-merit Legendaries
  • Should-have-been Legendaries who were a week or two from ranking up when the merit system crushed their dreams
  • After-merit Legendaries who had a head start (100+ airdropped merits)
  • Fresh baby-faced (see what I did here) Legendaries who clawed their way through the ranks from 10 or 0 airdropped merits

Which are you  " old worthless "   even though you have 3000 or more earned merits

or me  I am also "old and worthless"  even though I earned  958 merits. Last I looked I was at 1958  I think I was airdropped 1000 points
legendary
~

Fair enough. Looks like we may need some different Legendary ranks so that we could tell them apart Grin

• Old worthless pre-merit Legendaries
  • Should-have-been Legendaries who were a week or two from ranking up when the merit system crushed their dreams
  • After-merit Legendaries who had a head start (100+ airdropped merits)
  • Fresh baby-faced (see what I did here) Legendaries who clawed their way through the ranks from 10 or 0 airdropped merits
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Edit: removed the 10-merit condition, doesn't make sense to me. IMO anyone who earned 1000+ is bona fide leg&dairy regardless of how they started.

I'll tell you why I choose those with only 10 merit.
If you remember the time before merit system the forum was full of signature spammers, no matter of the rank, but there were also people farming accounts. Back then most of the newbies were just low effort bots and people like nullius were really exceptional

After the merit system came, it was very difficult for the newbies to receive merit, somehow the more established members were more likely to be merited, especially if they  have interacted with each other from before. it was also difficult to the members to receive merits especially when you need 90 to rank up to get an avatar. Oh I remember that time very well, I really wanted an  avatar bu it looked almost impossible.

So we grew up with the merit system and everyone who started back then as a member had a long way ahead, now those are entering in the last round of the race and that is why I listed them.
Of course those who registered their accounts after 28.01.18 and got the require 1k merit are the true heroes of system but they still have a few more months with activity to reach the goal.

BTW  the Legendary rank-up period is so wide it can extend a year more you waiting, there's place for everyone Smiley

You have to really experience the whole process of climbing the ladder from scratch to understand what we're my impressions here.

Hats off to anyone who managed to get 1000 merit despite the registration date.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U

After comparing the two lists very closely, technically and mathematically and after applying solid rocket science on both lists ,  I think the list made by suchmoon makes more sense , and that's based on the fact that unlike the other list, this one has my name in it  Grin.

Thanks.
legendary
Edit: removed the 10-merit condition, doesn't make sense to me. IMO anyone who earned 1000+ is bona fide leg&dairy regardless of how they started.

I think he added that condition because those users who started with 10 merit are the ones who are going to be near the legendary activity range in a few days.

Simple activity filter is sufficient for that. Look at Piggy and Veleor and oeoeoeoeoe-whatshisname - they're very much in the legendary range but didn't start with 10.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

I think he added that condition because those users who started with 10 merit are the ones who are going to be near the legendary activity range in a few days.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
And the one that gainded the merit from below Sr member but are legendary? thats my region and like Hairy Maclairy and I think V8 maybe ... ?

Thx for the other numbers, nice stats, sorry i'm out of merit atm  Undecided
legendary

Here are users who started with 10 merits or less, earned 990+ merits, and are not yet Legendary, regardless of registration date:

UserId |UserName        |TsRegistered|Position     |PostCount|Activity|Merit|Airdropped|
-------|----------------|------------|-------------|---------|--------|-----|----------|
1188543|o_e_l_e_o       |  2017-10-05|Hero Member  |4714     |742     |2949 |       100|
1582324|DdmrDdmr        |  2018-01-04|Hero Member  |3563     |672     |2812 |         0|
3      |satoshi         |  2009-11-19|Founder      |575      |364     |2300 |       250|
1852120|fillippone      |  2018-02-18|Hero Member  |2363     |518     |1583 |         0|
2143453|1miau           |  2018-05-21|Hero Member  |1541     |546     |1477 |         0|
2033515|mikeywith       |  2018-04-14|Hero Member  |3033     |588     |1439 |         0|
1878246|abhiseshakana   |  2018-02-25|Hero Member  |1570     |588     |1393 |         0|
897509 |xtraelv         |  2016-09-09|Hero Member  |2195     |868     |1472 |       100|
1291828|iasenko         |  2017-11-07|Hero Member  |3104     |742     |1312 |        10|
1000199|krogothmanhattan|  2017-05-11|Hero Member  |7074     |924     |1546 |       250|
1275282|joniboini       |  2017-11-02|Hero Member  |3840     |742     |1162 |        10|
188198 |Piggy           |  2013-12-12|Hero Member  |4629     |784     |1385 |       250|
1339716|coinlocket$     |  2017-11-22|Hero Member  |5148     |728     |1115 |        10|
1177936|Veleor          |  2017-09-29|Hero Member  |1694     |770     |1202 |       100|
1554927|bitmover        |  2017-12-31|Hero Member  |3469     |658     |1092 |         0|
1138727|VB1001          |  2017-09-04|Sr. Member   |2316     |406     |1074 |         0|
1169179|BitCryptex      |  2017-09-25|Hero Member  |1439     |756     |1074 |        10|
1051955|roycilik        |  2017-07-02|Hero Member  |2121     |868     |1117 |       100|
1574226|mu_enrico       |  2018-01-03|Copper Member|1737     |686     |1016 |         0|
1825672|morvillz7z      |  2018-02-11|Hero Member  |1279     |546     |1002 |         0|
1855828|taikuri13       |  2018-02-19|Hero Member  |3026     |644     |1000 |         0|
legendary
Churning activitiy is way more tiring than merits!
Damn, bro you got the hard part already done.  Judging by the ridiculously low number of members who've ranked up to Legendary from scratch,

Actually is there a list of the members of this ridiculously low number that did so??  Tongue

If I am good enough with ddmrddmr Merit Dashboard, there aren't Legendary members who were newbie when merit system was launched.
There are 28 newbie who are now hero.

The two new era newbie are:

The other 26 old era newbie are:

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I think the obvious goal right would be one of the very fortunates users to have achieved the legendary status via merit and then be on the waiting list for legendary status via activity. Although my date of registration was early than your criteria to be on the list, I was a member ranked users when the merit system was introduced and was Airdropped 10 merit although my account was somehow dormant, I wasn't active untill later in the Q4 of 2018 or so when I become very active till date.

Congratulations to all the users on the list, we have all done quite well for ourselves and hopefully we'll all achieve the legendary status sooner or later putting into consideration we keep the momentum ongoing and not relax just because we have made it this far.
legendary
Good luck to the contestants.

Someone had to do it.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Damn, bro you got the hard part already done.  Judging by the ridiculously low number of members who've ranked up to Legendary from scratch,

Actually is there a list of the members of this ridiculously low number that did so??  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
I would like to be on this list, but unfortunately, my registration was made on December 14, 2017.

Hopefully, I will someday do this and get up to the legendary rank, but it is still very difficult.

Good luck to everyone in this hard way!
legendary
Damn, bro you got the hard part already done.  Judging by the ridiculously low number of members who've ranked up to Legendary from scratch, you should consider yourself fortunate. 

Sorry, I am not English mother tongue,so I am maybe losing some nuisance in the term "fortune",  but I disagree here: I don't consider my merits the result of fortune, but hard work and commitment to the forum. Only this, merits are earned. Maybe you can gets some out of luck (memes, funny comments at the right time, posting news first that start a good thread. But this is fortunate coincidence, you cannot get hundreds of them like this.

The merit system was designed to make it hard to rank up, and it looks like it's doing a damn good job.  But Jesus, it might be making it too hard to rank up, especially for members who make good, but not excellent, posts.  I'm still thinking more merit sources might be necessary, but I have no way to know how enthusiastic the current ones are about distributing merits.
This is why  I started my very own merit source application thread. I think some users are willing to commit more in the forum, and I am amongst them.

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Damn, bro you got the hard part already done.  Judging by the ridiculously low number of members who've ranked up to Legendary from scratch, you should consider yourself fortunate. 

The merit system was designed to make it hard to rank up, and it looks like it's doing a damn good job.  But Jesus, it might be making it too hard to rank up, especially for members who make good, but not excellent, posts.  I'm still thinking more merit sources might be necessary, but I have no way to know how enthusiastic the current ones are about distributing merits.  OTOH, there really haven't been too many threads in Meta lately about how frustrated members are that they aren't ranking up.  I think most members have just come to accept the fact that they won't.

My name is here so I'm proud of it.
You should be.  You earned it and it wasn't an easy thing to do, I'm sure.
Pages:
Jump to: