Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell a little bitcoin now to get into alts when it all drops soon? - page 4. (Read 409 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 766
If I have a little bitcoin, small time stuff here for you high rollers, but it's 4x my initial investment now, and I'd like to get into other cryptos and learn trading and coding dApps with them...
wouldn't it be a good idea to sell some bitcoin to be able to do that?
It is terrible idea. Because the market is depended on Bitcoin. If Bitcoin stops its bull run and starts its bear market, the crypto market will almost be unable to keep up its bullish momentum.

Altcoins are rest cryptocurrencies except Bitcoin and they will be the most vulnerable assets in bear market. I know in bull or bear market, there are altcoins can rise oppositely with the general market but very few altcoins can do that.

I don't understand what is your plan. Do you want to invest into altcoin projects which are related to dApps, Web3? Do you want to create your own project and you are CEO, CTO?
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
Not a good idea, when bitcoin dumps altcoins will dump more.
I suggest that you sell your bitcoin for a stable coin so you will minimize your losses, and just start buying bitcoin when the market is already bullish.

This year, looks like the start is good, it looks bearish to me, so we are now seeing a bearish mode for altcoins more than bitcoin will experience.
A little view of what is happening now - https://coinmarketcap.com/

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
It's the "logical" thing to do only if you actually think that you're capable of learning to trade properly and if you actually think you can pull it off in the end. Like, there really is no right or wrong when deciding to try to learn another skill, because in the end it's going to depend on you and your performance anyway, not us.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
This has been a topic or a question a million times already because there is no sure answer to any of this. I mean surely we are talking about something that we could never predict 100% correctly. Sometimes bitcoin does better than another coin, sometimes it doesn't and we do not know which ones neither, we have market situations where price of bitcoin goes higher than some coins but not higher enough compared so some other coins.

This means that we need to also be very precise while we are picking coins as well. None of these are simple answers or easy to find results, it only comes out after the fact and that's the main problem people are having. You won't find the correct answer here, nobody really can predict it 100% correctly and they are just going to tell you what they believe in and that is it, otherwise they would be lying if they said they "knew" the answer.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I'm new at all this but I've been filling my head with bitcoin news lately and things sound a bit dire... uh, bearish?  Still learning the lingo.

If I have a little bitcoin, small time stuff here for you high rollers, but it's 4x my initial investment now, and I'd like to get into other cryptos and learn trading and coding dApps with them...
wouldn't it be a good idea to sell some bitcoin to be able to do that?

It seems like the logical thing to do. But, I'm new to trading and wow it's more complicated than coding. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: