Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling 17500 shares of GLBSE (actual shares) - page 2. (Read 14967 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
As a major stockholder can you at least tell us that you do know what is going on (Nefario has told you exactly what is going on)?

Not asking you to divulge what is going on, just to tell us you do know what it is.

I don't know what's going on. There is a shareholder meeting later today, and Nefario had better have a damn good excuse for doing this and keeping shareholders in the dark or he's unlikely to be CEO any longer.
Important question:

Do you or any of the other shareholders have access to any of the backups of GLBSE's database?
In the event it gets shut down (by law enforcement or by anything else) we need some way to ensure that stocks can be migrated...

Everything is backed up already.
Activity: 336
As a major stockholder can you at least tell us that you do know what is going on (Nefario has told you exactly what is going on)?

Not asking you to divulge what is going on, just to tell us you do know what it is.

I don't know what's going on. There is a shareholder meeting later today, and Nefario had better have a damn good excuse for doing this and keeping shareholders in the dark or he's unlikely to be CEO any longer.
Important question:

Do you or any of the other shareholders have access to any of the backups of GLBSE's database?
In the event it gets shut down (by law enforcement or by anything else) we need some way to ensure that stocks can be migrated...
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032

donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
The announcement strategy of Nefario is very irritating. Last topic was something about Yubi-Keys, so he may just refactor the site. However, this is a very unprofessional behavior. This provides a very low incentive to engage into business with the guy.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
That was on October 04, 2012 at 03:36:00 PM.

Maybe (as a major stockholder) he has been able to have a little chat with Nefario since then?
Activity: 446
Activity: 446

I believe he already indicated that he found out about this via a thread on this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
You still want 0.3...?
Maybe GLBSE does not exist anymore after the weekend ?!
Looking forward to Nefarios announcement... Shocked
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Considering bids under 0.3 now?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2012, 02:45:13 PM
Seems that way sometimes...there seems to be a solid group of intelligent people here, but then they go and dump their savings into Pirate and expect magic  Undecided
in reference to:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1188128

HAHA! I totally forgot about that thread...nice for a good laugh this afternoon
donator
Activity: 994
September 28, 2012, 02:34:20 PM
Seems that way sometimes...there seems to be a solid group of intelligent people here, but then they go and dump their savings into Pirate and expect magic  Undecided
in reference to:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1188128
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2012, 02:31:15 PM
For the record, this is bullshit. You wanna trade fiat, go trade fiat.

Why trade fiat when there's a nice proven group of suckers here?

+1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 28, 2012, 02:21:30 PM

Why trade fiat when there's a nice proven group of suckers here?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
September 26, 2012, 02:30:14 PM
Are you selling because the SEC is doing an investigation on GLBSE?

No. As far as I know, the SEC is not investigating GLBSE.

I talked to the SEC lawyer.  He asked me about my GLBSE account.  So they are investigating GLBSE.

The thing people dont realise is if GLBSE gets taken down by the SEC then all the other bitcoin stock exchanges will follow shortly afterwards because they all sell shares direct to the public. If GLBSE is registered and has qualified financial brokers then selling bitcoin denominated securities is perfectly legal. Someone needs to take this step to bridge bitcoin to the greater economy.

The pink sheets otc market is run exactly like this.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
September 26, 2012, 06:11:45 AM
As for KYC/AML: no capital gain taxes is different from money laundering rules and terrorism funding. These days governments are more concerned with those aspects than capital gains.

Oh come on, everybody knows KYC laws exist to fight tax evasion.

But yeah, it might be possible that governments that don't care whether you identify yourself before buying shares force you to do it anyway, due to pressure from strong, income-taxing governments.
Activity: 868
September 26, 2012, 06:02:17 AM
And if Nefario transfers GLBSE to another jurisdiction they can still go after him as they explicitly told him he's not allowed to do it.

Are you saying UK has the habit of forbidding people to do stuff anywhere in the world?
I don't understand why changing jurisdiction would not be possible.

but it will mean KYC/AML etc...so it certainly won't be anonymous, not for the issuers and not for the investors

Is this the case everywhere in the world? There's absolutely no country where investors may buy shares anonymously?
I know there are countries where there's no capital gain taxes. Why would these governments care whether you identify yourself before buying shares?

If the UK authorities have told you that you are doing something 'illegal' in their eyes. You can yourself move outside of their jurisdiction to a place where it is allowed. If however you yourself stay within the UK but only place the exchange in another jurisdiction then they can still go after you.

As for KYC/AML: no capital gain taxes is different from money laundering rules and terrorism funding. These days governments are more concerned with those aspects than capital gains. Most countries (even Switzerland) give bank account information to any country that asks for it. And most off-shore banks ask for information/source of funds received to cover their own ass else they won't accept your business.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
September 26, 2012, 05:50:27 AM
And if Nefario transfers GLBSE to another jurisdiction they can still go after him as they explicitly told him he's not allowed to do it.

Are you saying UK has the habit of forbidding people to do stuff anywhere in the world?
I don't understand why changing jurisdiction would not be possible.

but it will mean KYC/AML etc...so it certainly won't be anonymous, not for the issuers and not for the investors

Is this the case everywhere in the world? There's absolutely no country where investors may buy shares anonymously?
I know there are countries where there's no capital gain taxes. Why would these governments care whether you identify yourself before buying shares?
legendary
Activity: 1428
September 26, 2012, 05:24:35 AM
nefario said that bitcoins are no money and that he wants to do a simple company registration.
i dont know what his current plans are - but i am (still) interested in the outcome.

Pages:
Jump to: