Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling 17500 shares of GLBSE (actual shares) - page 4. (Read 14967 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 24, 2012, 08:42:23 PM
Shit, if you don't want to buy the shares, don't make an offer.  Why does everyone feel the need to run their mouth all the time?

cry more? People can ask questions. If you don't like it keep crying.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
September 24, 2012, 07:31:18 PM
Is the 0.3 BTC limit per share absolute? (i.e. Should I not even bother bidding if my bid would be below that?)

You can bid, but I think it's very unlikely the price will go that low.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
September 24, 2012, 07:02:35 PM
That's essentially what I'm doing now, but privately. I might make it public if I'm not happy with the private bids.

Is the 0.3 BTC limit per share absolute? (i.e. Should I not even bother bidding if my bid would be below that?)
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
September 24, 2012, 06:25:34 PM
I wish to say that I face-palm hard every time I use GLBSE,  The UI is really bad, Placing an order send you to portfolio ? , 

The orderbook doesn't load half the time, I end up seeing a "Trade (Buy/Sell) click here" and by "click here" I mean unclickable = does nothing.
The order at the same price aren't combined as one.
The graph volume graph is still useless.

All of this is nothing compared to having to wait ~10-20 second for every page load.

If this thing is making money I think it's time you hire some developers or invest into some hosting.

I would expect it to be faster if it ran on a netbook with a 800kbps DSL.

I don't know how anyone manage to trust the whole thing as secure with so much fail.
administrator
September 24, 2012, 06:13:53 PM
If they want to question you, like they want to question me, will you cooperate in the investigation?

Dunno. I might help them catch/prosecute pirateat40, though I'd prefer to cooperate with an agency other than the SEC.

I think the recent "emails from the SEC" are fake.

Would you consider selling them in lots of at least 500 shares in the same fashion as the forum's ads auction thread?

That's essentially what I'm doing now, but privately. I might make it public if I'm not happy with the private bids.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
September 24, 2012, 06:07:28 PM
issue an asset: 35 shares, each representing 500 GLBSE

put yer asks where ya wants them.
open trading for XYZ days, sell rest into bids

voila

Eh, all new shareholders have to be approved by all shareholders so that would not work. There's no certainty being the highest bidder guarantees you can actually purchase the shares.

have bidders be pre-approved by the cartel (or whatever it is).
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
September 24, 2012, 06:04:39 PM

voila

Eh, all new shareholders have to be approved by all shareholders so that would not work. There's no certainty being the highest bidder guarantees you can actually purchase the shares.
legendary
September 24, 2012, 06:03:12 PM

voila

September 24, 2012, 05:57:08 PM
Well I still believe they're good, but not that good...

Would you consider selling them in lots of at least 500 shares in the same fashion as the forum's ads auction thread?

Everyone could bid a certain price for a certain amount with a starting price of 0.05 and minimum increments of 0.001

Once you find your buyers, you can propose them to current GLBSE shareholders and see if they are accepted. You would have a list of people to propose in order of highest bid proposed first and could go downward from there from all the bids until all shares are sold as accepted by current shareholders.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 24, 2012, 05:43:07 PM
I have a few problems with this:
- You're selling shares for 6x the purchase price and I cannot see currently good reasons to price them so high
- You want to exit and have to sell but still set the price to whatever you want.
- According to GLBSE current trading volume, if there was absolutely zero operating costs and trading stayed at this level, it would take 10 years to recoup the 0.30 you are asking for (10% per year). With the expenses accounted for (Dedicated servers are far from being free), I suspect this amount to be a small fraction of that.
- For an investment as risky investment as a start-up such as GLBSE, I expect far bigger returns than what established multinationals pay on their stocks.
- The biggest and riskiest part is ahead, not behind. There will be high costs and a lot of work required for bringing GLBSE on a legal stance. This is putting a lot of failure risk along with substantial expenses going forward.
- Even if it's a success and it becomes fully regulated, it would require afterward probably at least 3 - 5 time the trading volume for getting 10% a year on 0.3, which I would still find low on something still as small and risky as GLBSE. With the financial data, I could get a better picture at the operating costs and how much more trading volume GLBSE needs to achieve to have an acceptable level of returns compared to risk.

Until GLBSE becomes registered and the majority of the costs and risk related is behind, I don't believe those shares to have appreciated that much in value. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to sell for 0.30 BTC per share, you might want to stay and sell the shares once GLBSE is regulated, even if you would be listed as a shareholder for some time.

+17,500
September 24, 2012, 05:03:40 PM
- According to GLBSE current trading volume, if there was absolutely zero operating costs and trading stayed at this level, it would take 10 years to recoup the 0.30 you are asking for (10% per year). With the expenses accounted for (Dedicated servers are far from being free), I suspect this amount to be a small fraction of that.

It'd take ~30 years to "recoup" an investment in MSFT... It's strange to think in such terms when dealing with stocks.

MSFT is completly at the other end of the risk spectrum. One cannot expect to invest in a high risk venture at 3% per year when they can get the same returns on a highly stable, established multinational corporation such as MSFT.

I clearly stated that this 10% per year (Assuming there was no operating costs, I suspect actual returns to be closer to 2-5% per year) is far too low for something with so much risk. Not that it isn't acceptable for established and stable businesses.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2012, 04:38:21 PM
Headwind is the currency risk. If you expect bitcoin to rise to $100/coin over the next few years, it will be difficult to justify a purchase of 5000 btc today.
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1011
September 24, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Confirmed with @nefario on IRC that an NDA would be required of anyone that picks up theymos' shares. That's not standard for investors, and a deal-breaker for me Sad
administrator
September 24, 2012, 04:11:21 PM
Are you selling because the SEC is doing an investigation on GLBSE?

No. As far as I know, the SEC is not investigating GLBSE.
administrator
September 24, 2012, 03:57:12 PM

It'd take ~30 years to "recoup" an investment in MSFT... It's strange to think in such terms when dealing with stocks.
legendary
September 24, 2012, 03:49:40 PM
I'll bid 50 for 1000 shares.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
September 24, 2012, 03:49:08 PM
Shit, if you don't want to buy the shares, don't make an offer.  Why does everyone feel the need to run their mouth all the time?
administrator
September 24, 2012, 03:47:20 PM
theymos, will you offer the shares to me as a borrow? (short)

No.
September 24, 2012, 03:23:23 PM
I have a few problems with this:
- You're selling shares for 6x the purchase price and I cannot see currently good reasons to price them so high
- You want to exit and have to sell but still set the price to whatever you want.
- For an investment as risky investment as a start-up such as GLBSE, I expect far bigger returns than what established multinationals pay on their stocks.
- The biggest and riskiest part is ahead, not behind. There will be high costs and a lot of work required for bringing GLBSE on a legal stance. This is putting a lot of failure risk along with substantial expenses going forward.
- Even if it's a success and it becomes fully regulated, it would require afterward probably at least 3 - 5 time the trading volume for getting 10% a year on 0.3, which I would still find low on something still as small and risky as GLBSE. With the financial data, I could get a better picture at the operating costs and how much more trading volume GLBSE needs to achieve to have an acceptable level of returns compared to risk.

Until GLBSE becomes registered and the majority of the costs and risk related is behind, I don't believe those shares to have appreciated that much in value. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to sell for 0.30 BTC per share, you might want to stay and sell the shares once GLBSE is regulated, even if you would be listed as a shareholder for some time.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
September 24, 2012, 03:20:57 PM
This action (of theymos to sell his stake in GLBSE) is the result of a shareholder meeting that happened on Friday night/Saturday morning.

GLBSE is registering as a company in the UK, theymos has decided he doesn't want to be a part of this process.

Nefario.
Pages:
Jump to: